What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I've got a problem... After I took my JP01 away to test H3 the tensor shrunk it. Now it's more little than the blade and it lost all of the catapult effect.
I've had exactly the same experience with JP03 and JP01 turbo, so conclusion is: forgetting the bluefire, or use it 'till the end without removing.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sorry to hear you had a bad result elrigo. Sometimes you do the job and everything works out, sometimes not. That is why when we are learning tuning that we try it out on spare rubbers or rubbers we normally not use.

You still didn't lose out as you got a rep (repetition) in doing it and it will make you stronger.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I've got a problem... After I took my JP01 away to test H3 the tensor shrunk it. Now it's more little than the blade and it lost all of the catapult effect.
I've had exactly the same experience with JP03 and JP01 turbo, so conclusion is: forgetting the bluefire, or use it 'till the end without removing.

Contacted Donic about the situation, there is the answer:
In this case we like to refer you to the distributor from which you bought this rubber. We will recommend you to find an arrangement with him, maybe to talk about a discount for a new rubber.

We hope that you could resolve this problem so.

It's about that I'm expected for :) So conclusion the same: forgetting the bluefire.
BTW, with tenergys it's never happened.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Xiom Sigma Pro 2 or Xiom Sigma Europe - are very good alternatives. I play with these rubbers, and my friend plays with Tenergy and he actually prefers my combination. :) I pair them up with a Stiga allround wood blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Xiom Sigma Pro 2 or Xiom Sigma Europe - are very good alternatives. I play with these rubbers, and my friend plays with Tenergy and he actually prefers my combination. :) I pair them up with a Stiga allround wood blade.
yes i agrreee with u

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
Tried the Galaxy Milkyway Moon which was meant to be a clone of this i think but didnt feel as good in my opinion. It wasnt the tuned version though to be fair which may make a difference.

I did read somewhere that the Donic M1/2 is meant to be close to this but i didnt think the M2 was if im honest. Couldnt say about the M1 as ive not tried it...
Be interesting if there are any alternatives.

This user has no status.
Chinese rubbers aren't a substitue for T05. In general it should be this list for T05 alternatives:

Donic Baracuda
Xiom Vega Pro
Donic Bluefire M1
Tibhar Evolution MX-P
Nittaku Fastarc G1
Yasaka Rakza 7

Now people have to understand, all of them are ESN and play completely different to T05, they just share "some characterisitics". So if you want that special feeling of the non bounciness of the T05, go for Vega Pro, if you like the throw of T05, you should try the softer Donic Baracuda, if you like your T05 a little bit faster you can try Bluefire, Evo, Rakza 7 or the Nittaku. Which one of these, people have to find out by theirself. It is very subjective.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Chinese rubbers aren't a substitue for T05. In general it should be this list for T05 alternatives:

Donic Baracuda
Xiom Vega Pro
Donic Bluefire M1
Tibhar Evolution MX-P
Nittaku Fastarc G1
Yasaka Rakza 7

Now people have to understand, all of them are ESN and play completely different to T05, they just share "some characterisitics". So if you want that special feeling of the non bounciness of the T05, go for Vega Pro, if you like the throw of T05, you should try the softer Donic Baracuda, if you like your T05 a little bit faster you can try Bluefire, Evo, Rakza 7 or the Nittaku. Which one of these, people have to find out by theirself. It is very subjective.
Verywell said BS

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk