Stiga blade ID please!

This user has no status.
Hi All,

Could you please ID this stiga blade for me?

Any help much appreciated, IMG_6115.jpgIMG_6116.jpgIMG_6117.jpgIMG_6118.jpgIMG_6120.jpg
Thanks.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Is it definately a stiga blade? Looks like it could be an Adidas blade with it's stripes.

From what I've seen, Adidas blades' stripes are all the same color while these are yellow-white-yellow. Also, the name tag is a bit longer.

Did you try Google Goggles? It could be helpful.

Reactions: Timmys
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey guys, anyone know anything about this blade please?

Why do you want to know what the blade name is? What makes you think it's a Stiga blade? Do you know it was a Stiga blade?

This next question is much more important? How does it play? Do you like how it plays? What does it feel like?

If you like it, it makes no difference what the model is. If you don't like it, it might because then you may want to sell it. But, it is hard to sell something you don't really like.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Why do you want to know what the blade name is? What makes you think it's a Stiga blade? Do you know it was a Stiga blade?

This next question is much more important? How does it play? Do you like how it plays? What does it feel like?

If you like it, it makes no difference what the model is. If you don't like it, it might because then you may want to sell it. But, it is hard to sell something you don't really like.

Hey Carl,

I bought his racket as a pre-assembled from a retail sports shop in Switzerland three or four years ago. I found the same racket online by the name of Stiga "Sirius". I really like the speed, control and most importantly the handle of this blade. I have spent quite a lot of money trying to find something close to it but so far not very successful- so trying to get some help from forum members here.

The kind of information I am looking from is things like how many layers of wood can you guys identify from the picture, is this a flared or concave kind of handle and whether there is anything in Stiga's current range that would come close to this blade.

I would really like to get a second blade so that I can play with it at work and try different rubber pairings. The first blade has taken quite a beating over time.

Thanks

This user has no status.
Is it definately a stiga blade? Looks like it could be an Adidas blade with it's stripes.

yes it is a pre-made setup called Stiga 'Sirius'. The original overall details on the pack were:
speed 99
spin 100
control 37

Would love to find a similar blade. Thanks for your help.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, if it is Stiga Sirius, and it was a pre made bat, just do a search for that. They can be found. However, if it is a pre made bat, it is probably not so great. And you might do better with a higher quality blade. That does not mean it will cost an arm and a leg.

By the way, because the outer plies are painted black it is hard to tell if there are three or five but it looks like a five ply. The photos are not great but I would bet that inner ply is Ayous or something similar.

This is what I would get if I was you. Try one of these two bats:

Stiga Allround Evolution
Stiga Tube Allround

Both of those blades are great and have great feeling and pretty decent speed but a ton of control. They are both on the inexpensive side at under $50.00 USD. Allround Evolution is $40.95. Tube Allround is about $45.00.

Then just chose what rubbers you want to put on it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Well, if it is Stiga Sirius, and it was a pre made bat, just do a search for that. They can be found. However, if it is a pre made bat, it is probably not so great. And you might do better with a higher quality blade. That does not mean it will cost an arm and a leg.

By the way, because the outer plies are painted black it is hard to tell if there are three or five but it looks like a five ply. The photos are not great but I would bet that inner ply is Ayous or something similar.

This is what I would get if I was you. Try one of these two bats:

Stiga Allround Evolution
Stiga Tube Allround

Both of those blades are great and have great feeling and pretty decent speed but a ton of control. They are both on the inexpensive side at under $50.00 USD. Allround Evolution is $40.95. Tube Allround is about $45.00.

Then just chose what rubbers you want to put on it.

Thanks Carl. Evolution looks interesting. Also like the Energy Wood.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks Carl. Evolution looks interesting. Also like the Energy Wood.

The two I mentioned are both great blades. The Energy Wood is good if you like a blade that is very light. It has good feeling though and the speed is about the same as Evolution and Tube Allround.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Happy to report my Stiga Energy Wood is a keeper! Blade not too light with the Air Scirocco 25 rubbers either.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Did you get to weigh the blade? Do you know how much it weighs. It usually weighs under 80 grams. That can be a great weight. The handle is also hollow so most of the weight is in the head. That makes it feel like it is not so heavy. However, by taping the handle they way you have, that could make it feel more balanced. I am glad you like that blade. Good job.