Stiga Hybrid carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I think inspira plus is a china exclusive product since it is manufactured in china. I have watched a few Chinese reviews for inspira plus and the blade is getting mixed reviews so I think we are not missing out.
Iirc, hybrid carbon is available for order on stiga main website.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I got mine 88G (ST).
I like the design of the red stainless steel len and feel more comfortable with the handle than Viscaria because it is wider. The production quality is not like ordinary Stiga blades since it's made in Korea.

Feeling: harder and the sound has a higher pitch than Butterfly ALC.
S__62234795.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Yesterday I played the blade for the first time and I have to say: I like it so much.

I previously played the Boll ALC and after that the Tibhar MK Carbon. The Boll ALC as a reference is extremely good for my game. The Tibhar MK Carbon gave me a little bit more Spin and feeling. Compared to that the Stiga Hybrid Carbon gives me a touch more speed and precision. Surprisingly I do not loose any control with my Dignics 05/80 in 2.1. As for the first day with the blade I am very pleased.

The flared handle ist quite thin, which suits my hands very much. I didn't like the thicker handle of other blades like with the Boll ALC (which I therefore played in ST).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Yesterday I played the blade for the first time and I have to say: I like it so much.

I previously played the Boll ALC and after that the Tibhar MK Carbon. The Boll ALC as a reference is extremely good for my game. The Tibhar MK Carbon gave me a little bit more Spin and feeling. Compared to that the Stiga Hybrid Carbon gives me a touch more speed and precision. Surprisingly I do not loose any control with my Dignics 05/80 in 2.1. As for the first day with the blade I am very pleased.

The flared handle ist quite thin, which suits my hands very much. I didn't like the thicker handle of other blades like with the Boll ALC (which I therefore played in ST).
Could you compare the hybrid carbon (HC) and mk carbon (MC) a bit more? Is the HC handle much smaller than MC? Must be since the boll alc's handle is not that big and the HC is smaller. Which do you prefer? Difference in feeling, hardness, flex, power away from table, general quality of loops? Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
HC:
- clearer touch
- less vibration
- faster
- flatter arc, which goes more forward
- more power (close and away from the table)
- FL handle is thinner. I prefer the handle of the HC, because it suits my loose grip with my small hands

MK
- excellent touch and very lovely, if you prefer a tad more vibration/feedback
- a little bit slower with a bit more control
- higher arc, more easy to get the ball over the net
- a little less power, which might be helpful if you struggle to make a full power stroke because of the speed of the blade
- FL handle is thicker. I think it is a matter of taste what you prefer

Unfortunately I cannot compare the ST handle, since I did't get my fingers on the HC with a ST handle. Overall, I prefer the HC. I am quite fast, but I need a bit of support from the blade. Maybe it is because I use rubbers with a little amount of catapult. For me it is very controllable. Touch play works beautifully with both blades, but the HC makes my strokes a bit more threatening to the opponent. I like to block rather aggressively, which works very nice with the HC. Passive blocking is better with MK though.

Reactions: Syg4d
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
HC:
- clearer touch
- less vibration
- faster
- FL handle is thinner. I prefer the handle of the HC, because it suits my loose grip with my small hands

MK
- a little less power, which might be helpful if you struggle to make a full power stroke because of the speed of the blade

Unfortunately I cannot compare the ST handle, since I did't get my fingers on the HC with a ST handle. Overall, I prefer the HC. I am quite fast, but I need a bit of support from the blade. Maybe it is because I use rubbers with a little amount of catapult. For me it is very controllable. Touch play works beautifully with both blades, but the HC makes my strokes a bit more threatening to the opponent. I like to block rather aggressively, which works very nice with the HC. Passive blocking is better with MK though.
and how about MK compare to ALC blade like Lin ALC or Boll alc?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
MK ST version has the same handle size and shape as FZD and Viscaria (ST) while Boll alc has a squared shape.

HC ST handle is bigger and wider than MK ST.

I used HC for a month then switched back to MK since it has more control for me in the game play. Both are good blade though.

Reactions: Syg4d
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
HC:
- clearer touch
- less vibration
- faster

MK

For short pips…MK or HC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024

I'm playing MK Carbon right now. Well, this blade doesn't seem very powerful at places far from the table I think. Planning to change a blade right now. Do you think Inspira Hybrid would be a good choice?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
MK carbon is basically a viscaria, I think you just need to change your forehand to MK Pro.
But Inspira Hybrid will be faster.
I'm playing MK Carbon right now. Well, this blade doesn't seem very powerful at places far from the table I think. Planning to change a blade right now. Do you think Inspira Hybrid would be a good choice?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
MK carbon is basically a viscaria, I think you just need to change your forehand to MK Pro.
But Inspira Hybrid will be faster.
Kenta himself said that MK fits better on carbon blades while MK Pro is better on wood blades so I didn't think of it before. It's a helpful advice tho, but I still think a stronger blade will satisfy me more lol. Still looking at info about this Hybrid Carbon now~

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I think it's true that MK Carbon is not the most powerful when playing far away from the table. I guess we always have to compromise. If a wood feels just right close to the table, it may be less suitable further away from the table because it doesn't have enough power. If a faster blade with a higher speed or with more flexibility and support is then played, this can be helpful further away from the table, but in turn can interfere at the table. Looking for most optimum blade at such situations is rather delicate and may be frustrating.

The Stiga Hybrid Carbon is already noticeably faster and harder than the Tibhar MK Carbon. At the table it kind of feels more like a Super ZLC due to its directness and power. Further away from the table, you also need a very good technique to ensure that the ball does end up on the table instead of beyond it. In any case, it would be a significant power upgrade and maybe it could be what you are looking for.

In my personal experience, I found the Tibhar MK Carbon to be a little underpowered further away from the table, while the Stiga Hybrid Carbon was too much of a good thing. I found the Stiga Inspira Plus to be an excellent compromise, which provides enough power, spin and control at the table, but has even more penetrating power further away from the table without losing a bit of control. Far away from the table it grips the ball perfectly. Of course, if your are looking for even more you would try the Stiga Inspira Hybrid Carbon instead.

Reactions: PeterTao