Tactics for Lefties

wow! this will help me . Usually when i play against a left hander i get messed up with ther fh and bh but receiving is easy though u just reverse the way u receive a normal sidespin ang a reverse pendulum or a corkscrew service :)

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Usually, lefties have better footwork. They're able to take their BH shots as FH. A strategy that always work for me is I played a wide attacking shots to their FH and lay it off wide to their BH on the next shots. More often than not, you'll get a weaker reply for you to attack more aggressively and put them on the back foot.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I'm left handed and I enjoy using the advantage of being able to break the table with wide angles which right handers hate. A tactic I use in tight situations is a long sidespin fast serve which breaks the table, a right hander follows it out to attack on their forehand but very seldom attack down the line so they will generally loop back to my backhand corner, I pivot and loop early in the bounce down the line to the huge gap in the table! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I'm left handed and I enjoy using the advantage of being able to break the table with wide angles which right handers hate. A tactic I use in tight situations is a long sidespin fast serve which breaks the table, a right hander follows it out to attack on their forehand but very seldom attack down the line so they will generally loop back to my backhand corner, I pivot and loop early in the bounce down the line to the huge gap in the table! :)

LOOL !
You could break the table with a long sidespin fast serve !
Nice term anyway :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews

i know what you mean.i am an leftie too and i use that too :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
Usually, lefties have better footwork. They're able to take their BH shots as FH. A strategy that always work for me is I played a wide attacking shots to their FH and lay it off wide to their BH on the next shots. More often than not, you'll get a weaker reply for you to attack more aggressively and put them on the back foot.

lefthanded players have better footwork?that doesnt matter at all!!!its all in practice.which player has the greatest footwork?Ma Lin,a righthander.

Mar 2011
With lefties, more often then not, their opponents tend to be right handed players. That allows them to get accustomed to swerving shots coming in wide to their BH, which in time they develop their footwork to take these shots as FH. In other words, lefties get more practice and experience playing against right handed players, compared to right handed players like me playing against lefties. I play tennis often, and receiving a slider serve from a lefty wide to my BH is always difficult, even for a season pros.
As Mark said, practice will improve your footwork against lefties.

says Hello I was only going to post hello but apparently I...
says Hello I was only going to post hello but apparently I...
Mar 2011
Left handed players will almost always possess some sort of an advantage over anyone due to the lower numbers of them resulting in inexperience when anyone plays them

Completely agree with markog though, the hand preference of a player doesn't affect the ability of their footwork

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
yeah he is.but he is discribet as lazy in china`s national team and as slow.he gets to the ball cause he is big.so they say but i dont agree,xu is fast

You are not up to date ;) they said this as he was promoted to the A team. But they that he develop the fastest ;)
Nowadays they would not say that he is slow :D l

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
The only good tactic I can think of, is just a really good powerful spinny forehand that goes is aimed at the spot where its right between the place where they can't decide to use a forehand or a backhand. That really forces them to just block it back in which case they usually try to block it back to my backhand, since they don't want me to continue using my forehand. Because its generally just a block, I find that its really effective to then just do a backhand that goes really far to their forehand. That's like really the only tactic in my game that I can think of that specifically works well for me when I play against lefties.