DHS Hurricane 3-50 vs DHS Hurricane 3 NEO

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I have been playing the 3-50 for a while now I have also played the h3 neo skyline 2 neo and h8. I'm not going to make then The claim that it's more Spinney then the h3 but it's definitely a Spinney rubber with good control. I have found 3-50 for my game and level seems the most forgiving of the 4. When I'm out of position and need to loop a low ball Or even when a ball will get into my body I still seem to be able to get those balls back more often with decent results. Also in my experience the bit of rebound it gives (its not a lot of rebound but just enough) allows a shorter stroke which helps with topspin rallies. for comparison I often have to much blade contact on my loops ( it's something I'm working on I'm not flat hitting or anything I just don't fully brush as much as I would like) the 3-50 is more forgiving when doing this than the h3 and it still respond nicely when I do execute a proper brush. It's slower when I brush than with the h3 but not buy a lot and it's nice when brushing a forehand with side spin the slightly slower speed seems like the ball has more side movement on that shot. One other result for me which is totally personal but it's been a pluse is that i feel very confident with it and that has allowed me to be a more aggressive and develop my game. It's very good in the short game and as people have stated I think it would make a very good tacky backhand rubber. I have been playing it on a Andro temper teck off- and a t power wood. As far as durability I've been playing with mine for five months now it's much less tacky than it originally was and it's starting to get worn but it still produces a large amount to spin.

I have played less with the h8, But I also like it a lot. In all honesty I have changed equipment to much of late and need to play about more with it one one blade to really understand everything it does well. it has some similarities to the h3 but The elastic top sheet that's plays really nice. I will say when I'm playing well and my form and technique feel solid have played some of my best most aggressive games with it and it counters extremely well. Like the h3 it's a bit Less forgiving than the 3-50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk