Difference between Neo and normal provincial Hurricane 3?

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I have been using for several months DHS NEO Hurricane 3 provincial in 40 degree (unboosted)

what is the difference if you got the non neo provincial version in same 40 degree hardness

1. is it different sponge?
2. is it slower?
3. is it tackier, spinnier?
4. does the hardness fell the same?

I would be using black rubber only in 2.15!

and are these 3 things the same if you boost both rubbers?

thanks?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
then there is of course the question of the sponges to consider, right ???
Is not provincial H3 produced with both OS and BS ???
Yes, that's right. There's both blue/orange neo and non-neo. Blue sponge is slightly denser than orange. They all have the same top-sheet, although recent productions seem to be less tacky.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have been using for several months DHS NEO Hurricane 3 provincial in 40 degree (unboosted)

what is the difference if you got the non neo provincial version in same 40 degree hardness

1. is it different sponge?
2. is it slower?
3. is it tackier, spinnier?
4. does the hardness fell the same?

I would be using black rubber only in 2.15!

and are these 3 things the same if you boost both rubbers?

thanks?
I'm not sure if you are comparing orange or blue, but the neo and non neo comes in different specs.
if OS, ie
Neo is 2.1mm, 2.15mm, 2.2mm in 39 and 40 deg
non Neo is 2.15mm and 2.22m in 38, 39, 40, 41 deg

so if you are using 2.15mm and 40 degrees in black only, my experience is that the Neo booster is of no use, and either way, I would boost both. However, my experience is based on blue sponge, of which you also get Neo and non Neo version.

The only thing I can say of what I heard before is non Neo versions is supposedly better for speed glue/boosting. But both are about the same to me, as the life span of the rubber are too short to really tell the different. For me, it is more about what is available (back then)