Old and new Hurricane 3 experience

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
So I had the chance to play with a new Hurricane 3 neo on a yinhe v14 pro. Compared to mine the topsheet was matte, had a texture and wasn't really tacky at all. It was brand new as well.

I didn't like it, I don't know what it was about it, even though the feeling was clear, it was glassy. It didn't have that soft grabbing feeling that mine has, are all hurricane 3 like that nowadays?
Btw it is original.

Is there any way to find a proper one with a glossy topsheet with the very high tackiness? I've tried a few Chinese rubbers but hurricane 3 is the only one I've liked so far.

Is that how neos are, or have purple package h3 also changed? I'm genuinely curious because I don't know.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Yes both Neo and normal H3 have become much less tacky or sticky. Many other brands have gone the same way. For example Loki Rxton5 was very sticky and now not anymore.

I might well be the only person in this universe that can still supply 1 set of Neo, 1 set of Commercial H3 and 1 set of Loki Rxton5.................sticky 😂
😂 😂

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
What is the deal with the trend toward no tack rubbers? Is there a shortage of tack rubber? Or does less tacky give more grip? If someone has been hording tacky rubbers they can make a killing on the black market.....
nobody has managed to get any info from manufacturers.
There are speculations of course and they range from unavailability of the specific potion that makes the sticky to simply suggesting that it is cheaper to make without the sticky.
Others say that it is an attempt to make the rubbers more "hybrid-like"
Who knows 😁

There is no black market, I accept any completely ridiculously high offer. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG20240422143424.jpg
    IMG20240422143424.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
nobody has managed to get any info from manufacturers.
There are speculations of course and they range from unavailability of the specific potion that makes the sticky to simply suggesting that it is cheaper to make without the sticky.
Others say that it is an attempt to make the rubbers more "hybrid-like"
Who knows 😁

There is no black market, I accept any completely ridiculously high offer. :cool:
Is there any way I can find old stock? Cause if there is, I'm stocking up.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Idk, felt like it came off this.
View attachment 29504
Where did you get our Sanwei Target National from?

I got mine from Megaspin for $30 a sheet.

On Aliexpress, the other day, I ordered a sheet of Sanwei Target National (supposedly the packaging is the old one and some people hate that version so for $18, I thought it is worth a try and see what the fuzz is all about) and a sheet of Loki Arthur China (again, some people on the forum love it but say it bubbles up very easily).

Someone at the club did have me try Loki Arthur China on his blade. I mean Loki Arthur China was definitely tackier than all the hybrids I have tried such as Joola Golden Tango, K2, K3, Dragon Grip, etc. but I did not like it THAT MUCH. Once my sheet arrives and I put it on my own blade, I will see what it is all about.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Where did you get our Sanwei Target National from?

I got mine from Megaspin for $30 a sheet.

On Aliexpress, the other day, I ordered a sheet of Sanwei Target National (supposedly the packaging is the old one and some people hate that version so for $18, I thought it is worth a try and see what the fuzz is all about) and a sheet of Loki Arthur China (again, some people on the forum love it but say it bubbles up very easily).

Someone at the club did have me try Loki Arthur China on his blade. I mean Loki Arthur China was definitely tackier than all the hybrids I have tried such as Joola Golden Tango, K2, K3, Dragon Grip, etc. but I did not like it THAT MUCH. Once my sheet arrives and I put it on my own blade, I will see what it is all about.
I played it years ago, I just remember that I didn't like it. I also found globe 999, I'll probably go towards that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I've seen Ma Long and Wang Chuqin both tapping their rackets against the towels—I guess—to reduce the tack. Looks like these guys don't see tackiness as an advantage.

says I am addicted to table tennis... 🥲
I've seen Ma Long and Wang Chuqin both tapping their rackets against the towels—I guess—to reduce the tack. Looks like these guys don't see tackiness as an advantage.
Could also be because of humidity forcing rubbers to "sweat"... So, they could be just drying the topsheet

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I didn't like it, I don't know what it was about it, even though the feeling was clear, it was glassy. It didn't have that soft grabbing feeling that mine has, are all hurricane 3 like that nowadays?
Btw it is original.
Maybe it just needed breaking in? Or it was the commercial version. The grabbing feeling you describe is quite typical for the provincial and national versions.