Which TT tables have good bounce & are good

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Hi all,
My neighborhood TT club collected some funds by individual donation and have now around USD1200 to but 2 decent tables. Options we are looking at are:
Stiga Master Series ST3100 Competition Table Tennis Table (3/4" top) $499 Dix Sports
Stiga Master Series ST4100 Indoor Table Tennis Table (1" top) $599 Dix Sports
JOOLA Inside Table Tennis Table (5/8" wood composite top) $439 Amazon

Can some help picking the some good table with good bounce or may have experience using above tables. I will appreciate your feedback
Thanks

This user has no status.
As a Swed I play on the top of the line Stig tables all the time and ofc they are superb. I never felt that there is much difference between a table with 3/4" or 1" top but I would not go with anything below 3/4".

I can't say anything about the two Stiga tables you have selected as they are not sold in Sweden but if it's Stiga made it should be great tables.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
I ordered 2 STIGA ST4100 (1" top) tables from Dick's Sporting Goods. I opted for delivery and assembly from Dick's as I heard they are very heavy tables.
Both tables were delivered last Thursday but they can only build one as the delivery guys could not find the hardware for the other one. The biggest shock i got was when the table was build, I noticed there was roughly 1.4" gap between the two halves. Dick's guys who build the tables say that is pretty common and the gap is there on all tables they build. That was a BS!!!.The standard length for TT table is 108" in playing position & that what was Dick's website says for ST4100 table, the one I got. My measurement for the table with the gap is 109.4". I am positive that the table has been built incorrectly by Dick's. I will go today to Dick's to complain and see how they will fix the issue. Anyone went through a similar situation?
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC01287.jpg
    DSC01287.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC01284.jpg
    DSC01284.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC01282.jpg
    DSC01282.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC01292.jpg
    DSC01292.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC01293.jpg
    DSC01293.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 204

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Sorry, but either the guys who built this didn't know wtf they were doing or just maybe the factory part of the assembly was at fault. Whatever it is, there is no way you should have to pay for a job this shoddy. A half-inch gap would be acceptable and is built into some designs, an inch and a half no way !

Just proves the old adage - if you want a thing done properly, do it yourself.