Omega Pro

4 out of 5 rating for Omega Pro

The Omega Pro is an all wood blade with hard outer plies. It has rosewood outer veneers. Although description on the stats it has hard ebony wood veneers but the other description is it is rosewood. The Omega series boasts of having jointless veneers - meaning unlike other brands which have non-continuous layers of wood, the Omega Pro has continuous plies. The blade feels hard on the surface but when you hit with it it doesn't feel too stiff. Unlike, the rosewood blades of other brands that feel stiff and heavy, the Omega Pro has somewhat of of a semi soft feel on impact. The one I had was with a ST handle and weighed 86 grams only so the blade is light. Other rosewood blades in the market with 7 plies usually have a heavier weight which ranges from 90-93 grams. Thickness of the blade is about 6-6.2mm. The wing part near the neck of the blades needs to be sanded. Good thing the Omega Series has a built in sanding device that is included in the blade box. You have to sand the wing part because it is a bit sharp but this is not a major issue.
The blade is not too fast. If I compare it to other 7 ply rosewood blades, I would rate it as OFF but I sometimes feel that it is an off- blade. It does not feel too bouncy but the when you loop with it it seems to be good enough to spin and has a good "dwell time". When I was looping the ball, I felt that the ball was easy to spin like brushing the ball with a limba outer 7 ply blade. In fact, it feels like just a semi stiff 5 ply blade when you are looping with it. When you smash with it, the hard outer plies is a good combination because you are able to give the ball the needed power and rebound when hitting the ball. The control is superb wherein it blocks well. This is mainly suited near the table and to some extent medium distance from the table. Soft and medium hardness rubbers are the best rubbers suited for the Omega Pro. I have used the Omega V Pro, Vega Asia DF, Vega Asia and Omega VII Pro with this blade and all works really well but to maximize the power I suggest to use the Omega VII Pro all the way since some players would find this blade slow to their taste. The blade has good control wherein beginners can even use this blade with slower and thinner sponge rubber versions of Musa 3 or Vega Europe at 2.0mm thickness.