Xiom new collection (2024)

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Because? What does it change, if you have 2 rubbers play exactly the same, one is little tacky, one isn’t.
It’s about the properties, not about if you can lift a ball with rubber while not being in a rally.
I am 100% sure you would be able to distinguish between c48 with slightly more tackiness and the way it actually is in the rally.
„Hybrids have to have tackiness“ is just in a mental thing for you
You talk of properties, and one of the base PROPERTIES of a Hybrid rubber is that it HAS some tackiness.
The other is that it has a bouncier sponge (compared to a traditional hard, small pore sponge associated with a Chinese rubber like Friendship 729 / DHS H3)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
You never mentioned any Bluegrip until now but yes I can see that this rubber is a hybrid below 50 degrees
I didnt mention any of the previous rubbers. That was another person. First thought I had with a 47.5 deg or lower hybrid was bluegrip s2.

Also stickiness in general is hard to quantify. We don't even have something to calculate grip or a number for us consumers.

Which made me skeptical of the "stickiness" of a rubber, (Despite advertisement).

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
You talk of properties, and one of the base PROPERTIES of a Hybrid rubber is that it HAS some tackiness.
The other is that it has a bouncier sponge (compared to a traditional hard, small pore sponge associated with a Chinese rubber like Friendship 729 / DHS H3)
Obviously all table tennis companies do not share your, but my definition. Otherwise they wouldn’t call these rubbers hybrids.
It’s about how it plays, not how the rubber behaves when not playing

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Obviously all table tennis companies do not share your, but my definition. Otherwise they wouldn’t call these rubbers hybrids.
It’s about how it plays, not how the rubber behaves when not playing

because of the manufacturers advertising hype, and the trend towards rubbers that have some tackiness, they jump on the bandwagon and say it’s a hybrid, even though it isn’t. Just like they re-grade their own appraisals of a rubbers performance, because the new rubber MUST have more spin or speed or both than it’s predecessor.
Some people wouldn’t even class ‘modern’ hybrid rubbers as a hybrid because, they class a hybrid strictly as a Chinese tacky top sheet on a Euro or Jap bouncy sponge. Anything else don’t cut it.

Reactions: JJ Ng
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Let’s put it another way.
2 blades - 1 is an all wood fast blade, the other is a 5+2 ply outer carbon blade. They both play the same, is the all wood blade now a 5+2 outer carbon blade?? The actual playing characteristics are not the defining factor, it’s the blades composition.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Xiom finally released the Vega Pro H we were waiting for.
I wonder when we will start seeing it🤔

Attachments

• IMG_3225.png
    IMG_3225.png
    888.8 KB · Views: 44
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Xiom needs to clean up their product line a little bit, address their lack of distribution to certain areas and hire someone who can actually translate to English, and they could be super popular in the west. I am very interested in the new Omega 8s and Vegas. The TMXi blade has been tempting me for a while now too ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
We can see that ThanksTableTennis realesed the first unboxing of Xiom Vega Pro H.
Seems to me that its closer to Rakza takiness rather than recent hybrids, that are barely tacky. Also, carbo sponge looks so good with black sponge. Definitely gonna buy it went it will hit the market worldwide.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
We can see that ThanksTableTennis realesed the first unboxing of Xiom Vega Pro H.
Seems to me that its closer to Rakza takiness rather than recent hybrids, that are barely tacky. Also, carbo sponge looks so good with black sponge. Definitely gonna buy it went it will hit the market worldwide.
Now he released the review of Xiom Vega Pro H.
Looks very promising

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Hugo defeated Felix 3-0 at Incheon today with Felix getting frustrated on some occasions. Hugo's forehand was really something else.

Is it the new Jekyll&Hyde C55 he's using?

View attachment 29093
Ayt I've seen enough, gonna get C55 and Omega 8 pro when it comes out.
Do we see what his backhand rubber is?

This user has no status.
Ayt I've seen enough, gonna get C55 and Omega 8 pro when it comes out.
Do we see what his backhand rubber is?
Based on the catalogue, the C55 will launch in Summer while the Omega VIII in Fall. Be sure to share with us when you play with them @Migzkulit!

Nah, I didn't get a good look from Hugo-Felix match earlier. Maybe we could get one from the semifinal later? He'll be playing against FZD