This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Two speculations about WCQ's withdraw,
1. to let FZD win and boost his confidence and ranking,
2. to let WCQ prepare for the coming world cup and win his first world title
War between fans...
Anyway, CNT manipulates as usual
Removing Wang Chuqin and putting Edward Ly is a manipulation that the threats will fancy. Big chance to win this tournament with a red-hot WCQ out of the way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Unrelated but saw some posts that Jeon might have left KNT (or been forced to leave) because of a new rule stating that there can only be one naturalised player at any point in time, and Joo Cheonhui is younger with more potential...? I guess their ideal trio will be Shin, Joo and Kim?
The tussle between Korea's pragmatics and ideologues is always interesting to watch. Sprinkle in a big assertive neighbor that they're near paranoid about, and you've got a whole lotta mess.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
LYJ hasn’t been playing as well as he did in Frankfurt, well neither has Ma Long but their last match could have gone either way. It wasn’t as decisive as it usually is with WCQ.
Imo, LYJ looked close to his top level at Singapore. At worst, 80% of what he can bring forth on his best day was on display. His overdependence on his BH was his undoing because he met a match in LJK.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I am beginning to think that there is a CNT civil war between whether to send ML or LJK in the third spot. That as well as the question of whether to put LJK in reserve in case they want to put ML on the injured list for Teams event should his vulnerability persist - that might reduce opportunity for LSD if it isn't done early.
Unrelated but saw some posts that Jeon might have left KNT (or been forced to leave) because of a new rule stating that there can only be one naturalised player at any point in time, and Joo Cheonhui is younger with more potential...? I guess their ideal trio will be Shin, Joo and Kim?
Doing this in an Olympic year with JJH and SYB their best doubles pairing and JJH their best doubles player and often their best singles player only makes sense if they think JJH is injured and unable to play. I thought the original conclusion was that JCH was too new to play the Olympics.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I am beginning to think that there is a CNT civil war between whether to send ML or LJK in the third spot. That as well as the question of whether to put LJK in reserve in case they want to put ML on the injured list for Teams event should his vulnerability persist - that might reduce opportunity for LSD if it isn't done early.

Doing this in an Olympic year with JJH and SYB their best doubles pairing and JJH their best doubles player and often their best singles player only makes sense if they think JJH is injured and unable to play. I thought the original conclusion was that JCH was too knew to play the Olympics.

TBH I'm not sure if the new rule kicks in now or until the Olympics have concluded but Chinese forums show JJH sourcing for her own practice partner(s) already.

Nothing that Singapore hasn't already done (i.e. promote local born players), although we dont have a Shin Yubin equivalent to tide through the transition :p

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
TBH I'm not sure if the new rule kicks in now or until the Olympics have concluded but Chinese forums show JJH sourcing for her own practice partner(s) already.

Nothing that Singapore hasn't already done (i.e. promote local born players), although we dont have a Shin Yubin equivalent to tide through the transition :p
Maybe the Koreans are just getting greedy and think JCH has a realistic chance of medalling now vs in a few years time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Source? I thought KNT was done with these antics especially since Jeon Jihee has been giving them some of the best results since Kim Kyung Ah's time.

Reactions: JJ Ng
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Kallberg will never disappoint until the day he retires... 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel