4 Year Old Training for Table Tennis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Is it a bad idea to lower the table so it will help the kid doing more proper shots?

That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure exactly how much of a benefit it would truly have, because unless the table height was continually changed as she grew her form would continually change as she outgrew the table at different heights. At this age, getting a generally feel of the paddle, ball contact, and spins is likely far more important.

If she continues to train as she grows the adjustment will come naturally.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure exactly how much of a benefit it would truly have, because unless the table height was continually changed as she grew her form would continually change as she outgrew the table at different heights. At this age, getting a generally feel of the paddle, ball contact, and spins is likely far more important.

If she continues to train as she grows the adjustment will come naturally.

You do get lowered tables for little kids.
or some people will just make a bench for them to stand on.

IE, if the kid can not even see the ball, then what is the point of training since a young age etc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
You do get lowered tables for little kids.
or some people will just make a bench for them to stand on.

IE, if the kid can not even see the ball, then what is the point of training since a young age etc

Very true. When I was little, my dad would set up a bench for me to stand on while playing. It did make it harder to move around though. Playing was mostly just standing there and hitting it back and forth with the bench.