A couple game videos, help me return serve better

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023

Here is a video I took today. I put a few timestamps of the best shots, watch on Youtube to see the timestamps. Overall I still feel my serve return is very hesitant and weak. Also if you look closely, there is a dramatic shift in play-style from the 1st match and 2nd match. 1st match was played with C53/ELD, more tensor rubbers. My ball bounces more and I do more blocking. 2nd match I was using Triple Double on both sides, and I'm able to execute my spin game way more easily.
Opponent was using D09c and D64.
my boy, you've been watching too much wtt. no need for no flicks of half long ma long loops. your pushing of both backspin and topsin is pefectly fine for your level. Your opponent looks like he's having trouble recieving such recieves. I don't see much hesitation in your recieves, very staightforward.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well I played an incredible player today. They told me he's 2200, but i didnt believe it while warming up because he has very simple and basic penhold strokes. Not powerful but very blocky.

When we played a game, he stood very close to the table and hit the ball right off the bounce to both sides. Ive never seen anybody handle my shots so easily but without power. I just couldnt reach his shots. He blocked all my loops. He has incredible control.

Also his push is incredible deep and spinny. He also varies the sidespin on his push and makes it very hard. I missed so many shots just trying to push his push back.
Looking back at this post, I first played this guy 2 months ago. Back then, I literally thought he was unbeatable. He just seemed so good and stylistically impossible for me.

Fast forward until 2 weeks ago I played him, and I lost 1-3 but it was fairly competitive.

Today I played him again and I lost 2-3, but I was definitely in the game and almost had it.

The main thing I did was try to be more aggressive on his serve. He is a very good player, but if he has 1 weakness, he has a oddly mild serve for a 2200 player. Honestly he does everything extremely well but he serves like a 1400 player. It's just kinda low, half spinny serve, not fast either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Looking back at this post, I first played this guy 2 months ago. Back then, I literally thought he was unbeatable. He just seemed so good and stylistically impossible for me.

Fast forward until 2 weeks ago I played him, and I lost 1-3 but it was fairly competitive.

Today I played him again and I lost 2-3, but I was definitely in the game and almost had it.

The main thing I did was try to be more aggressive on his serve. He is a very good player, but if he has 1 weakness, he has a oddly mild serve for a 2200 player. Honestly he does everything extremely well but he serves like a 1400 player. It's just kinda low, half spinny serve, not fast either.
Btw they tell me this guy used to be a coach at Stellan's club.

I dont really know in what capacity he coached, as he cant even speak english. But he has a unique style and is very skilled in his own way.

I watched a bit of your videos. Your technique is pretty good, really, both FH and BH.
I think you mainly miss training from/with multiballs, agility and...competition at a slightly higher level.
You also have to be "ready" on every ball. You tend to step back on your second ball, why?
You also have to learn how to play an official match. It is not enough to train a lot if you do not have the opportunity to participate in competitions or tournaments outside your club. You also have to learn this.
There are plenty of players who knock you off the table during training sessions, but once they have to play an official match, they don't do anything because of stress or lack of insight into the game. So you have to learn that too.