Adolescen vs Primorac

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Have BTY Adolescen and BTY Primorac blades (5-ply, all wood) and although both have the same layer stack-up the Adolescen is thicker and heavier, and there is a big difference between them. Tenergy T05, on both sides, feels crisp but a little too bouncy on the Adolescen and feels hollow and a little slow on the Primorac. The Adolescen + T05 is more fun but short game is a problem. Primorac + T05 has a better short game but not as much fun. Is there a rubber that would be a better fit for the Adolescen and another rubber that might fit better with the Primorac? Or, as I suspect, will all rubbers pretty much track the basic differences between these 2 blades? My level is considered ~1900 USA and I prefer heavy spin pushes, blocks, close to the table loops and loop drives from both wings, and I rarely hit or smash. TIA for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Why not tenergy 05fx on the adolescen? Gives u that bit extra control in short game and for the primorac if you want something slightly quicker theres loads of choice out there (as long as your willing to take a 5% reduction in spin) to name a few MXP, ELS, R47, T80, R50 etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk