Alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I would say on 50% and 70% drives and loops, comparing both rubbers unboosted Bloom Power is a lot faster.

I think only on the hardest 90% power shots does H3 approach Bloom Power's overall velocity.

So to me, unboosted, Bloom is a faster and easier rubber to use. If you boosted 3 layers on both, I think the speed difference would close somewhat, but i think Bloom would always be a bit faster.

Said another way, if i had 3 weeks to train for a match to save my baby's life, i would pick Bloom Power over H3
I wonder why no one in the CNT uses it?
You have any clue?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I wonder why no one in the CNT uses it?
You have any clue?
1) CNT I believe boosts 6 or 8 layers of booster on the H3, so I think it resembles nothing of the H3 i'm referring to. H3 unboosted is pretty bad in my opinion. H3 with 3 layers of booster is good enough in my opinion. But Bloom Power totally unboosted is a very good rubber.

2) CNT players don't hit those 50% and 70% shots i'm talking about. Almost all of their shots are 90% power or above, so H3 doesn't suffer for those players.

If you picked a random player from TTD forum and said they had to play a match to win, or they die. and if I had to choose their setup between unboosted H3 or Bloom Power, I would choose Bloom without hesitation.

1) CNT I believe boosts 6 or 8 layers of booster on the H3, so I think it resembles nothing of the H3 i'm referring to. H3 unboosted is pretty bad in my opinion. H3 with 3 layers of booster is good enough in my opinion. But Bloom Power totally unboosted is a very good rubber.

2) CNT players don't hit those 50% and 70% shots i'm talking about. Almost all of their shots are 90% power or above, so H3 doesn't suffer for those players.

If you picked a random player from TTD forum and said they had to play a match to win, or they die. and if I had to choose their setup between unboosted H3 or Bloom Power, I would choose Bloom without hesitation.
what degre do you recommend?
for beginner or intermediate level, if I try bloom power

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I think you might be the only random player that would choose Bloom Power
are they any other?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It would be interesting to see if CNT would switch off from H3 if the ban on booster was actually enforced.

My guess is that they would switch from H3 and start using D09c or other hybrid.

Racket control cannot enforce it.
If the players glue they own rubbers, it can never be enforced.

Unless both players use the same bat, glued up by ITTF.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I think you might be the only random player that would choose Bloom Power
are they any other?
Well you have never tried it right? So you don't really know.

But having tried both, my advice for anybody who wants it is that if you are planning on playing unboosted, Bloom Power has much more speed than H3 and is far easier to handle.

If you are planning on doing heavy boosting, then H3 has a strong combination of spin and power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well you have never tried it right? So you don't really know.

But having tried both, my advice for anybody who wants it is that if you are planning on playing unboosted, Bloom Power has much more speed than H3 and is far easier to handle.

If you are planning on doing heavy boosting, then H3 has a strong combination of spin and power.

I used to sell 729
I have many friends who are still selling 729.

I have yet to see someone praise a 729 rubber like you have.

Even 729 sponsored players.... that I knew, didnt use 729 rubbers....

I got too much stuff to test (and really not enough time), maybe next year when there is more time, i will look into it.
Yinhe is just about to send me some new rubbers too (it should have left yesterday)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I used to sell 729
I have many friends who are still selling 729.

I have yet to see someone praise a 729 rubber like you have.

Even 729 sponsored players.... that I knew, didnt use 729 rubbers....

I got too much stuff to test (and really not enough time), maybe next year when there is more time, i will look into it.
Yinhe is just about to send me some new rubbers too (it should have left yesterday)
What rubbers is Yinhe sending you?

Ive always heard people praise 729, mostly for Battle 2 rubber. I like it too, but just think Bloom is bouncier without booster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
What rubbers is Yinhe sending you?

Ive always heard people praise 729, mostly for Battle 2 rubber. I like it too, but just think Bloom is bouncier without booster.
I have no idea really.
Maybe a bunch of multi color rubbers.
There is so many scheduled for this year. I've lost track

I just told the boss man to send what he has available to send now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I have no idea really.
Maybe a bunch of multi color rubbers.
There is so many scheduled for this year. I've lost track

I just told the boss man to send what he has available to send now.
Well i really like yinhe rubbers too. Jupiter 3 and Big Dipper are powerful and fast and spinny.

I wonder if theyre sending you the new Moon Speed 53, really want to try that.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Ex-Provincial player who coaches at LATTA uses 5 layers of booster, takes him a whole week.

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
That's the problem with TT equipment. Much personal preference and no (widely) available ways to measure differences objectively.

B2P boosted or not: both. Throw angle got better but still less than H3.
Bloom Power (sponge) hardness: felt softer than 38° or 39° Shore A which both 729 and DHS use. DHS uses this scale for all rubbers but 729 not for all (variants). Commercial B2 are offered in 45/47/49 but all provincial versions with 38/39/40. The Presto Spin and Spin Max that I tried (42° and 46°) felt similar in hardness to ESN rubbers in that range. That's all I can say...
Your Bloom Power should be the 45deg? The 47deg is quite hard in my opinion. B2 is retired now and all hardnesses is in Shore A with all new Battle/Battle2 rubbers. Battle 2 is replaced with Battle 2 Silver which comes in 38 & 39deg.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Ex-Provincial player who coaches at LATTA uses 5 layers of booster, takes him a whole week.
Yes exactly. To me, its unfair to compare a heavily boosted H3 to another unboosted rubber.

Just comparing unboosted H3 to other rubbers, my opinion is that Jupiter 3 and Bloom Power are way better.

Ive never tested 5 layers on H3 vs 5 layers on Bloom, so I dont know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Unboosted H3 is described as "dead pig skin" in China. Practically no one uses it unboosted. Most actually just use speed glue. To most Chinese there's no point in comparing anything to unboosted H3 since nobody uses it unboosted.

According to Yin Hang, the amount of booster used varies. He personally uses 3 layers I believe, but he's seen teammates use more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Unboosted H3 is described as "dead pig skin" in China. Practically no one uses it unboosted. Most actually just use speed glue. To most Chinese there's no point in comparing anything to unboosted H3 since nobody uses it unboosted.

According to Yin Hang, the amount of booster used varies. He personally uses 3 layers I believe, but he's seen teammates use more.
Yes I understand that logic. Maybe I'll have better information later on. But I haven't tested a heavily boosted H3 vs heavily boosted Jupiter 3 or Bloom yet.

If you compare a unboosted or lightly boosted H3 (2 layers) to a lightly boosted J3 or Bloom, I think J3 and Bloom are still better.

This user has no status.
" Bettter " for what and whom ?????
Good question, and one he can only fail trying to answer.

But i need to step in here, because i am wondering what the heck am i reading here.

First of all we need to get something straight - there is no REAL alternative as a cheaper or different rubber that plays exactly like H3. Especially because 90% or more of the H3 users are boosting their rubber, and the result depends on so many factors and therefore will always vary to some extent.

But several mentioned rubbers get close to H3 especially boosted and as i stated before, that rubber for me is a boosted Big Dipper 2 (not BD BS, nor BD 3 or 4). But even here i have a certain tradeoff to make. BD 2 is slightly slower, even boosted if you hit slower shots. But for me this is perfect, i have enough power on my own to get everything out of that sponge and can create huge amounts of spin, that get close enough to H3 (and that for nearly half the price).

And to pick up the subject of boosting here - who the hell boosts their sheets with more than 3 layers and if that might be the case, with what are they boosting it? Cooking oil? Or even water???
Please explain to me how you boost with any common booster 5 or more times without destroying the rubber completely.
If i would do that with FTL i wouldnt recognize that thing as a rubber anymore. I might could use it as a black roll though... :unsure:

Either way i am curious now.

Ah, and to put a reference here for you and many here knows Gan - he mentioned in one of his videos that he puts one single layer of booster on his rubbers H3s (commercial Haifu btw).

Reactions: JeffM and lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Your Bloom Power should be the 45deg? The 47deg is quite hard in my opinion. B2 is retired now and all hardnesses is in Shore A with all new Battle/Battle2 rubbers. Battle 2 is replaced with Battle 2 Silver which comes in 38 & 39deg.

Both DHS and 729 should update their websites a bit more regularly ;) H8-80 or H9? Not on website. Dragon-F and L not on website...
If the 47° Bloom Power has the same sponge hardness as my Dragon-Fs (definitely harder than 47° ESN or H3N 37) than this could be an alternative.