Andro rasanter c series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Why not cut the rubber to a oversize blade. Then take it off, and it may fit a normal blade just right

Because the shrink doesn't happen instantly, and there's no set margin of shrink, one might shrink 2mm, the other one might shrink 1mm or 3mm. Also, it's harder to glue a used rubber perfectly, because the head shape may differ slightly here and there, and I mean the curvature is different rather than the whole size. Also, when taking off glue, there's always a risk of damaging the sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
anyone experienced unusual durability issue with the C series? After botching the initial glue job, I reglued a C53. I noticed fading of the new rubber shimmer on the spot where I hit after 2 sessions. Don't know if it affects the play (since I am not familiar with this series).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Just by way of an update I’m now using C48 on both sides and like it very much - it’s the first time I’ve been inclined to use matched rubbers but the combination of feel and tack (which I feel is quite high) just works really well and the C48 is easier to use than the D09C I had on. I have a sheet of C53 to try next on FH buys so far 48 is a good hardness for me on the Virtuoso.

Reactions: deanrazorbak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
anyone experienced unusual durability issue with the C series? After botching the initial glue job, I reglued a C53. I noticed fading of the new rubber shimmer on the spot where I hit after 2 sessions. Don't know if it affects the play (since I am not familiar with this series).

Some teammates have said the same about Donic C2. It gets white spots way too early compared to other sticky rubbers. The C2 topsheet seems very similar to the rasanter C series... Can't imagine why lol

Probably performance is not impacted by this, just looks ugly. Sticky hybrids last quite long, even from ESN.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Some teammates have said the same about Donic C2. It gets white spots way too early compared to other sticky rubbers. The C2 topsheet seems very similar to the rasanter C series... Can't imagine why lol

Probably performance is not impacted by this, just looks ugly. Sticky hybrids last quite long, even from ESN.

dragged my finger on the topsheet - it created fainter white marks. Tried that on a H3 and a reg ESN top sheet. White marks were left on both of them but to varying degrees. The topsheet of the C53 seemed extra shinny black to me - don't know if that had anything to do with the permanent white spot. I have a new sheet of S53 and will observe what happens there. In the meanwhile I won't worry about the white mark too much. thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I kind of dislike having that big gap between 48 and 53 in the lineup, they should definitely make 50-degree variants for those, who like to test their skills a bit more, but not World rank <#100.

I’m not sure just how tough C53 is to play, especially with a layer of booster taking it down to 51 or so. I used Dignics 09c for some time which is much harder and found it reasonable to control.

That having been said, I’m pretty happy with 48 on both sides right now.

Reactions: deanrazorbak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

I’m not sure just how tough C53 is to play, especially with a layer of booster taking it down to 51 or so. I used Dignics 09c for some time which is much harder and found it reasonable to control.

That having been said, I’m pretty happy with 48 on both sides right now.

Well I‘m still wondering if we really should boost the cake sponge of ESN and if it brings anything. But there should be a reason why they all boost R53 right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Well I‘m still wondering if we really should boost the cake sponge of ESN and if it brings anything. But there should be a reason why they all boost R53 right?

Yes, exactly.

I glued a sheet of C53 today so will report back, but initially it did not feel that different to 48 (unboosted)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
When you open it from the package, you can clearly see that the rubber curve up so it means it has been boosted a lot. But still after a few weeks I can reboost it again to have more catapult.

So far I haven’t experienced shrinking problems like Mxp .
i also have R53 for months and the size is still same from the first day I cut it.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
In my opinion c48 is one of the most playable Hybrid rubbers for amateurs out there.
It has a very high arc (which hybrids seems to have), a dampening effect on low impact and still a decent speed if you accelerate the swing. I currently play it on a Viscaria in 2.0 on fh and am pretty satisfied with it. On bh i am struggling with the spin sensitivity and the quite low catapult. In the open game that’s not an issue, but in difficult situations with lots of spin and in short game it’s not the right choice for my bh.
on fh however, it supports my strength and makes me do great short game and superb counterspins near the table

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
Wanted to chime in with my two cents on the C48.

I have it on my forehand, 2.0 thickness and have been using it for about a month now.
I use a sheet of R48 on my backhand, also 2.0 thickness, on a Butterfly Balsa Carbo X7 blade.

The C48 is a great rubber, very stable. To me it feels like its very forgiving, short play is excellent and can open up and counter well with it.
I have a harder time adjusting to the R48 on my backhand, especially playing short. The feeling with it is gradually getting better, but I adjusted to the C48 on my forehand within an hour so to say.

I plan on using this setup atleast until the summer, then debate making possible changes.
If you was to ask me now, I'd swap the R48 on my backhand for the C48, possibly changing to C48 max thickness or C53 2.0 on the forehand.

Reactions: jammmail