Anybody ever fixed air bubble on topsheet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
In my experience, the bubble develops after the first or second re-glue (involving re-boost), because those stretch the rubber, force me to cut some overlap. So if it is new, I'd not worry about 1st time boosting, of course assuming you're not making a "tube" of it.

Curious about how you like it. For me, the top-sheet felt somehow "thin", in compare to H3. The sponge and hardness felt all-right though.
yes you're right, the topsheet feels soft and thin and weak, while the sponge feels very hard. I think that is what makes the rubber bubble rather easily. Have you bubbled your sheets?

I'm thinking of doing very very thin boost with a different booster to see if it holds up better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
yes you're right, the topsheet feels soft and thin and weak, while the sponge feels very hard. I think that is what makes the rubber bubble rather easily. Have you bubbled your sheets?

I'm thinking of doing very very thin boost with a different booster to see if it holds up better.

Same exp.

Bubble vs top-sheet: I think the top-sheet - I mean the layer above pips - it is thin - but what is connected to the sponge is the pips. You see, so that "thinness" of the top-sheet doesn't (or doesn't have to) influence the bubbling

I didn't bubble my sheet. I used it for 3 hours and sold it for 1/2 the price.

Yes, 1 thin layer, to make it straight or minimally curled.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Same exp.

Bubble vs top-sheet: I think the top-sheet - I mean the layer above pips - it is thin - but what is connected to the sponge is the pips. You see, so that "thinness" of the top-sheet doesn't (or doesn't have to) influence the bubbling

I didn't bubble my sheet. I used it for 3 hours and sold it for 1/2 the price.

Yes, 1 thin layer, to make it straight or minimally curled.
Why did you give it up after 3 hours?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Why did you give it up after 3 hours?

Yes.

Btw., I couldn't resist and glued the Double Fish Volant Phoenix H40 (boosted with 1 layer of FTL-Seamoon rests mixture to make it straight). The setup is now 196g, 10g heaviear then the same with H3 BS H41. Sponge is dense, tackiness is not very high, I can lift the ball, but it goes down quickly. Will test on Tuesday.

Measured some hardnesses:
- NH3PTB 58
- Victas TDE 54-55
- DFVP H40 52-53
- H3 BS H41 50
- B2 BS Nat H38 47-48

That particular H3 (prov.) seems to be quite softer than expected, it should be 54.

Sorry, I read: "Did you give it up", missed the "Why" ;-)

So, I didn't quite enjoy this thin feeling on top-spins. I was going down from the NH3PTB which bubbled 1-2 weeks before a tournament of one Czech TT forum. Perhaps that influenced me, don't know. But I had 1 reserved H3 BS H41 (the last one, that softer one), so I glued it instead before the tournament. And now I glued the DFVP, also 1 week before another tournament ;-)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Well I tried to boost 1 sheet of TDE with very light thin layer of booster. The problem is, it doesn't seem this light layer has enough effect on the rubber. It's still a bit too dead for me. For me to play well, I need to boost it a little more.

But then I am very worried about the bubbling.

Then give it to somehow who may like it ;-)

• Love
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I will pop in this thread just to say that I've also encountered a bubble problem on the TDE. And also I've read about such problem.. I'm pretty sure (even more - I have an unofficial confirmation) that they (Victas) have a problem with this rubber.
It's a pity cause the rubber is great after it breaks.. But yeah - I wouldn't buy a second one..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I will pop in this thread just to say that I've also encountered a bubble problem on the TDE. And also I've read about such problem.. I'm pretty sure (even more - I have an unofficial confirmation) that they (Victas) have a problem with this rubber.
It's a pity cause the rubber is great after it breaks.. But yeah - I wouldn't buy a second one..
Did you bubble TDE after boosting? or without boosting? Which booster did you use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Did you bubble TDE after boosting? or without boosting? Which booster did you use?
No - I don't boost rubbers :)
It became very lively after the third session and I liked it very much.
I played with it for three weeks - 2-3 times a week, mostly matches (I'm no pro :)). After the third week the ball started to slip off on some shots (it was bizarre cause sometimes it was fine and sometimes very bad and I thought that the problem was in my technique..) and after inspection (from me and from other guys in the club) we saw that the topsheet has detached from the sponge.. to prove this we unglued (very carefully) the rubber and it became very evident that this was the problem(the bubbles appeared instantly). And that was it :( Now I use B2 National 38 degree and it does pretty much the same job for me :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
As Victas is a company with a reputation to protect, I would take the entire sponge rubber off the blade and post it to Victas with a nice letter mentioning that this thread on TTD is following with interest
good luck
Anybody have contact with Victas before?

I tried emailing victas about a separate topic but got no response.