My Personal Guide to Rubbers on Aliexpress

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Hi, is there any of these recommended FH rubbers which could be considered as lightweight? For BH it's AK 47 I guess. (Or which one from Bloom power, BD and J3 is lightest?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi, is there any of these recommended FH rubbers which could be considered as lightweight? For BH it's AK 47 I guess. (Or which one from Bloom power, BD and J3 is lightest?)
I think all 3 are about the same, 50g cut. Not heavy, but not light.

If your Bh is ak47, i think the setup will be light overall

Reactions: mattlamperouge
says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
just want to say

reactor thunder is a really good rubber and i already love it more than any battle 2 rubbers ive used (i have yet to use B2 gold, planning to try one soon)

i dont really feel the need to boost it as its plenty fast already (bear in mind im using a stiff blade with hard outerply)

This user has no status.
just want to say

reactor thunder is a really good rubber and i already love it more than any battle 2 rubbers ive used (i have yet to use B2 gold, planning to try one soon)

i dont really feel the need to boost it as its plenty fast already (bear in mind im using a stiff blade with hard outerply)
I consider Battle II Gold superior even to Battle II Provincial Blue sponge (which has red sponge for red sheets, only sold by very few sellers). I hope you will be also satisfied with it. It doesn't seem overly tacky at the first time, still the rubber topsheet has excellent grip to let me successfully open up more backspin balls than with other rubbers. I have a pair mounted on Yinhe Pro 11S, my opponents seem to have some more issues playing against my forehand, since I use it.
I have a pair of Reactor Thunder with some manufacturing defects for the black side (fortunately just near the area close to the handle), I will report my experiences after I will test it (not tomorrow, but soon, I hope).

Reactions: Fnub and netdriver
Aug 2019
I consider Battle II Gold superior even to Battle II Provincial Blue sponge (which has red sponge for red sheets, only sold by very few sellers). I hope you will be also satisfied with it. It doesn't seem overly tacky at the first time, still the rubber topsheet has excellent grip to let me successfully open up more backspin balls than with other rubbers. I have a pair mounted on Yinhe Pro 11S, my opponents seem to have some more issues playing against my forehand, since I use it.
I have a pair of Reactor Thunder with some manufacturing defects for the black side (fortunately just near the area close to the handle), I will report my experiences after I will test it (not tomorrow, but soon, I hope).
crazy that gold is a bit cheaper than blue sponge

do you boost your b2 golds? i dont want to boost rubbers a lot bc truth be told that booster puts a hole in my wallet albeit less than what getting ESN rubbers on both sides would end up costing you

This user has no status.
crazy that gold is a bit cheaper than blue sponge

do you boost your b2 golds? i dont want to boost rubbers a lot bc truth be told that booster puts a hole in my wallet albeit less than what getting ESN rubbers on both sides would end up costing you
With Yinhe Pro 11S, I don't feel I should boost my B2 Golds, on FH, I get a buttery smooth feeling to rack up spin with it (Spruce top layer, inner PLC composite /some material similar to ZLC/ - despite the soft wood, this combination is fast enough, when needed), on BH, I get good control with sufficient speed (Koto top layer, outer ALC composite, probably a bit faster than FH, and definitely more direct with a lovely click sound). I didn't have the opportunity to play it in the third zone, though - but I don't feel being limited at all.

Reactions: netdriver
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
Reading the topic, I ended-up quite enthousiastic and ordered the following :
- Loki Rxton 5
- Loki Rxton 5 Pro
- Presto Max Speed 46
- AK47 Yello 42-44
- Bloom Power 45
- Big Dipper 38

I also order 4 blades :
- Stuor Long 5
- Stuor ZLC Zhang Jike
- Yinhe/MilkyWay MC-4
- DHS KLC RoseWood

I'm playing with Gewo Nexxus EL 43 FH and BH + Donic Dicon, so I guess it will be utterly different. But I feel I should train with something less forgiving in order to improve my strokes. I'll receive everything in 2 weeks and will try to make a review of everything, but it will be biased since not every rubber will be tested with the same blade.

I might be mistaken, but I did not read anything about KTL rubbers here. My brother, 1800 in France, is playing with KTL Black Power FH and KTL Red Something BH and is very satisfied with them (associated with Donic Burn OFF).

Last edited:
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Actually I wanted to make a review of B2 Gold on revspin but the review was just too big so i post it here
BLADE: 729 BLUE ARYLATE FH:729 BATTLE 2 GOLD BH: YINHE JUPITER 3 ASIA
The rubber is in vacuum package. From the package I've noticed a very strong smell. The rubber isn't heavy, lighter than H3 Neo. The sponge is 40 degree smwhere between H3 sponge 39 and 40. And the topsheet is rock hard.

1)Firstly tried the B2 Gold in black with 2 layers of Haifu Seamoon commercial yellow on FH. I felt I can't miss. All the shots I get on the table are very dangerous with CRAZY amount of spin, really good speed and the balls dived really deep after the bounce;) and vere hard to return. Unfortunately the booster evaporated in 2 weeks and i felt I can't play it anymore. It became like a brick.
2) Applied the booster onto the 2 layers of old yinhe glue. The rubber didn't react and I've got I have to remove the old glue to make the rubber playable.
3) Glued it without boosting with organic speed glue on Stuor Long 5(V). I got really crazy spin balls but they were slow. The glue evaporated but the rubber still was playable enough.
4) My coach gave me a BTY Timo Boll ALC. I removed the glue and applied 1 layer of booster. First 2 days it was a fairytale. I recalled the feelings I loved so much about this rubber in 1)
5) The booster evaporated ;( It became a brick. I thought if not the booster evaporates that fast maybe the water based glue becames hard that fast(the glue was 1 year old). I got an idea to glue the rubber on 729 Blue ALC with speed glue.
6) 729 BLUE ALC with speedglued B2 Gold. I think i finally broke in the sponge. The rubber first time was really good even without booster. But I felt different to what I described in 1). First of all, the rubber was a bit harder. And it required right technigue. All i write below is true when you brush the ball well. If you squeeze into the sponge a bit flatter(on topspins) the balls go into the net.

Here is the TRUE REVIEW(without booster) WITH SOME COMPARISONS:
The sponge is hard(54 I would say on ESN) but the rubber feels harder for example than Gewo Coddex 54 because of the hard topsheet. The topsheet is SUPER GRIPPY but mine is almost non-tacky like the new H3. Some lucky people get really tacky sheets(watch the review on YT by "Roning-Team" it's in russian but you can use the auto-translate subtitles).
Speed: H3 Neo National BS 40=Gewo Coddex 54>=B2 Gold>Stiga Mantra H>H3 Neo 39>729 Geospin Tacky>Reactor Tornado V5
Spin: H3 Neo National BS 40=>B2 Gold>H3N39>GewoC54>729 GT=RT V5=Stiga Mantra H
Arc(from high to low): GewoC54>H3N39>StigaMH>729 GT>H3NNat BS40=RT V5>B2 Gold
The easiest to create an arc with: B2 Gold=H3NNat BS40
Serve: B2 Gold>H3NNat BS40>>all the others rubbers mentioned
Short Game: B2 Gold=H3NNat BS40>=all the tacky rubbers mentioned>Stiga Mantra H
The most dangerous balls to return: H3NNat BS40>=B2 Gold>H3N 39>others
Control: it is subjective but I felt: H3N 39>B2 Gold>Stiga Mantra H> H3NNat BS40
Control When BOOSTED: B2 Gold>>>>>H3N 39>729 GT>H3NNat BS40> GewoC54
Durability: B2 Gold after 70 hours of playing became a bit more tacky, still super grippy, fast and didn't bubble unlike all the Hurricanes I tried.
Overall: B2 Gold is the best beast rubber I've ever tried! You just need to understand how to play with it and you need a fast blade more on the stiff side(outer ALC(Viscaria))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
Reading the topic, I ended-up quite enthousiastic and ordered the following :
- Loki Rxton 5
- Loki Rxton 5 Pro
- Presto Max Speed 46
- AK47 Yello 42-44
- Bloom Power 45
- Big Dipper 38

I also order 4 blades :
- Stuor Long 5
- Stuor ZLC Zhang Jike
- Yinhe/MilkyWay MC-4
- DHS KLC RoseWood

I'm playing with Gewo Nexxus EL 43 FH and BH + Donic Dicon, so I guess it will be utterly different. But I feel I should train with something less forgiving in order to improve my strokes. I'll receive everything in 2 weeks and will try to make a review of everything, but it will be biased since not every rubber will be tested with the same blade.

I might be mistaken, but I did not read anything about KTL rubbers here. My brother, 1800 in France, is playing with KTL Black Power FH and KTL Red Something BH and is very satisfied with them (associated with Donic Burn OFF).
I also orderer :
- 729 802-40
- Yinhe Moon 12
- Yinhe Jupiter 3
- AK47 Red (new FH rubber of my 1800 brother)

I don't even have enough blade to test all this ^^

Here are the different setups I will test in the forthcoming weeks :

1710773109488.png

Madness...

For some rubbers, I'm not sure if the hardness diplayed is DHS or ESN. I ordered a Shure C Durometer to check everything and have a non-biased opinion.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mattlamperouge
I also orderer :
- 729 802-40
- Yinhe Moon 12
- Yinhe Jupiter 3

View attachment 28811

Madness...

For some rubbers, I'm not sure if the hardness diplayed is DHS or ESN. I ordered a Shure C Durometer to check everything and have a non-biased opinion.
The wood type "Furu" in Swedish, is "Spruce" in English...
I believe your "lymb" and "lymba" should be "limba"...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I also orderer :
- 729 802-40
- Yinhe Moon 12
- Yinhe Jupiter 3

View attachment 28811

Madness...

Let me know how arthur diamond is vs ak47 and moon 12

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
The wood type "Furu" in Swedish, is "Spruce" in English...
I believe your "lymb" and "lymba" should be "limba"...

Cheers
L-zr
Yeah, I figured that out a little after I posted this. Abachi is Ayous.

For the Stuor, I just copied-pasted the descirption from AliExpress, and Limba is written in different ways. I edited my table.
Let me know how arthur diamond is vs ak47 and moon 12
I'll make a thourough review. But I doubt I will be able to test all the rubbers with the same blades, so it will be probably biased.
I'm dumbfounded by the need to try so many rubbers. Or maybe I'm just dumb.
Just curiosity. To be honest, I believe that my current setup is perfect for me, but since it's perfect, I don't work enough on my forehand technic, which is my main flaw. I won't play better with those rubbers, but I will try to train better. And it will be fun to test all of that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I'm dumbfounded by the need to try so many rubbers. Or maybe I'm just dumb.
If you're into video games, sometimes its fun to play the game over and over and win using different strategy or different weapons.

In TT, it's fun to experiment with different setups and be able to win with those various setups.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Its all for the fun of it, and quite addictive too :)

Cheers
L-zr

I can see it as a fun diversion for people who already largely know what works for them, or people with money to burn and nothing better to do, or pros looking for that tiny extra edge. But I see threads here and elsewhere where people ask which rubbers to use for this or that specific purpose and they get 2 dozen different answers. It all leads to the confusing impression that equipment is the most important thing but there's no agreement on what's best and trying numerous rubbers is the only way to advance.

In ignorance,

Desertman

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
If you're into video games, sometimes its fun to play the game over and over and win using different strategy or different weapons.

In TT, it's fun to experiment with different setups and be able to win with those various setups.
I used to be into video games but I quickly gravitated toward one or two and had no interest in the rest. So different strokes I guess