Anyone know who is Seo Hyo Won's first coach ?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey FElix, I don't know her first coach, but when I left Korea a year ago, her sister was coaching at Shin Jae Gook TTC near Seoul Natl Uni Subway stop.
Get off exit 2, stay on same side of sidewalk after you climb up all those stairs and go uphill 800 meters or so and look on left for the cross paddles it is a basement club. if you make it all the way to the SK petrol station, you went 100 meters too far. there is a Duck resturant real close to the club entrence.

Here is the daum website.

http://cafe.daum.net/sjkpingpong

SHW's sister by the way is a shakehand attacker, but why not visit the club anyway for fun, it is in south central Seoul not too far a trip and the people there are nice. Bring a bag of candy or something yummy and carry on my tradition for visiting. Tell the manager BH-Man is still alive, they might still have my old cell on the whiteboard. You can ask the coach yourself and maybe she knows how to teach defense.

Yong-in club has much more room though.

This part of his website explains how to get there (in Korean) and has a pic of SHW's sister, Seo Hyo Young

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Hi Der_Echte,

Thank you so much for the information. My Korean friend help me to call the SJG's club few days ago and talked to the boss. However, he said that there is no chopper or long pimple teacher in their club at this moment. Anyway, I will visit SJG's club when I arrive in Seoul. By the way, I want to find pro long pimple or defence teacher, I don't mind go long distance because the main purpose of my trip to Korea is going to learn more about chopper skill.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Then you should go see coach Yoo Doo Joon in Yong-In, which is a little over an hour by subway and bus south of middle of Seoul.

Here is what i wrote in the other thread... Look at the link and the pics. The club has some decent room behind the tables for a defender. Coach You is more of an OX LP coach, but he knows all LPs.

Yong-In TTC is prolly 45 min subway ride and some walking to get to, but the coach there is about as renown famous LP coach you are going to run into. Coaches name is Yoo, Doo Joon and this is the Daum website of his club. Coach Yoo doesn't speak English, but he is a sure-fire good bet for a coach, so is my former coach in Uijeungbu. Both my old club and Coach Yoo's club open up before lunchtime for lessons.

http://cafe.daum.net/youngintt

This one has pics from his website http://cafe.daum.net/youngintt/LPOV/10

Coach's Cell # 010-3759-2641 Landline # 031-281-0632

Copy and paste this into google maps 용인탁구클럽 and you will see where his club is at, it is in the middle of a huge apt complex kinda uphill.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Of course, you could go to my old former club in uijeongbu, which is also an hour subway ride, then a 1 km bus ride. I describe how to get there so you dont spend extra money on a taxi. All the taxi drivers act like they dont know where the club is and they even act stupid finding it if the coach tells the taxi driver exactly how to get there.

It is really simple once you do this correctly once, you could do it in your sleep.

Take line 1 north to Ganung Station and get out exit 1. You will right away see a bunch of concrete bench and stuff and maybe 30 meters from the exit 1 there is a bunch of small stores. Go towards those stores (which is West). You will see at the corner a bread place, a Paris Bagguette place, go towards Paris Bagguette and go up the alley street making a small right to get into the alley street. this is the Jok-Bal Geo-Ri, teh alley of famous pork specialty. Go up this alley street maybe 200-300 meters. You will after a bit see all kind of signs with pigs, one of them wearing a fireman's hat, this way you know you are in the correct alley street. A lot of people will walk up this alley, it is the way to the bus. follow the crowd of people. You will get to a large street and you need to turn right and go maybe 25 meters. there will be a bus stop an everyone is going to this bus stop. Get on bus 11. It is a free transfer.

The bus will go 500 meters north, then it will turn left. It will go up and make two stops, one at the Girls High School, and one at SK Apartments. Stay on the bus. it will pass SK and make one more stop just past a supermarket, then it will kinda turn right and come to a very large intersection with train tracks. 100% of the time the bus will have to wait at the intersection. it will be 2 minutes wait. You need to activate the stop request button and the next stop is just past this big intersection.
You swipe your card and get off bus. Look accross the street at the third floor, the Lee Seung Sook TTC is on the 3rd floor, you cannot miss the sign. The building is directly behind the GS petrol station.

Tell them William sent you there, every now and then a foreigner shows up there and they know I send him or her there. The head coach is almost 50 yrs old, but looks a little younger, she is the ex-pro chopper. The younger coach is under 30 and she looks like she is looking for a husband.

if you drive, there is a parking lot behind the building where the club is, just go past the club a tiny bit and look for the entrence to the parking lot, park, and go up to the 3rd floor. There is always a couple of parking spots open, it is a hidden secret.

the landline is 031 878-3959 so you punch that into your navigation, you will get there. Or you can use the address, 경기 의정부시 기능동 353-10 번지

Here again is the link for the club. The tables in this club now have the nice Xiom red table skirt covers so the balls do not go under the tables.

http://9jang.com/front/php/product.php?product_no=303&main_cate_no=32&display_group=1

Look at the link as they have valuable pictures for you to know what the club looks like from the outside.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
To make it simple, you get off Ganung Station exit one, follow the crowd and go up the alley next to Paris Baguette a few hundred meters and look for the bus stop on right to wait for bus 11. It comes every 5-10 minutes. You get off just past the big intersection 1 km away with the railroad tracks, get off, and cross the street.

You are there.

It is faster to take the subway than drive most of the time. Subway from middle of Seoul should cost around 1500 won each way. Big deal, that is cheap. Bus transfer is free and bus comes often, even if you have to stand up half the time.

The English teacher there is named Park, Soo Hyup and he speaks good English. No one else at the club is good at English.

This club still remembers me and will treat you right if you mention that I sent you. Just say William and they will know.

That coach is a former high level pro league defender and knows her stuff. When I left that club, she was training a 7 yr old girl to chop. (in the pic)

1-chp1.jpg