Ask Aruna Quadri a question!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
Also (if you saw my previous post) can you give a mini review on the rubbers and blade you use now. (I am thinking of getting JOOLA eagle fast/viva with rhyzm original/rhyzm-p on both sides. which of these would you find better (considering i still use the celluloid ball)?

they are both good for celluloid balls and you can give it a try

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Hi Aruna, I'm a big fan of Zhang Jike, and became to know you through your match with Zhang Jike in the World Cup. This is the first time most of Chinese TT fans saw you play and we were all extremely impressed by your game. You played fearlessly and your forehand is so powerful. Actually I think you won more points than Zhang Jike in forehand vs forehand rallies. I'm looking forward to seeing you in more tournaments.

I have a few questions for you:

1. Did you know that you are going to play well in the World Cup before it began or you are surprised by your performance in the tournament also?
2. When are we going to see you play again? Are you going to play in any world tours soon?
3. I saw a picture of you with Zhang Jike. Did you take the picture after your match with him? What's your impression of him?
4. Did you have time to talk with your favorite player Ma Long?
5. If you prefer, you don't have to answer the last question: what do you think of Zhang Jike's emotional celebration after winning the World Cup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Welcome to tabletennisdaily!You are so kindly to answer our questions.I hope that your best is yet to come and can't wait for a great match between you and Ma long

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi Aruna. First of all thank you for joining the TTD forum! Your presence here is much appreciated. I personally want to thank you for making the World Cup more exciting with your spectacular effort making the biggest upset in the tournament.

I would like to know what mindset you had during the knock games?

And a bit misplaced question... Now you have been close to the strongest players in the sport like Ma Long and Zhang Jike, did you have the chance to see which rubbers they used?
did you miss my question? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx5B9MCpIFU#t=302

How does it feel to win a point like the one at 4:31 in front of such a big audience, my guess is that it feels kind of great but can you sometimes feel that it's hard to keep the focus on the next points after doing something like that? :D

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx5B9MCpIFU#t=302

How does it feel to win a point like the one at 4:31 in front of such a big audience, my guess is that it feels kind of great but can you sometimes feel that it's hard to keep the focus on the next points after doing something like that? :D

I can say it's not that easy to keep focusing on the next sets of points and once you remember it's not over until it's over,that's going to make you keep focused and give more attention.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
Hi Aruna, I'm a big fan of Zhang Jike, and became to know you through your match with Zhang Jike in the World Cup. This is the first time most of Chinese TT fans saw you play and we were all extremely impressed by your game. You played fearlessly and your forehand is so powerful. Actually I think you won more points than Zhang Jike in forehand vs forehand rallies. I'm looking forward to seeing you in more tournaments.

I have a few questions for you:

1. Did you know that you are going to play well in the World Cup before it began or you are surprised by your performance in the tournament also?
2. When are we going to see you play again? Are you going to play in any world tours soon?
3. I saw a picture of you with Zhang Jike. Did you take the picture after your match with him? What's your impression of him?
4. Did you have time to talk with your favorite player Ma Long?
5. If you prefer, you don't have to answer the last question: what do you think of Zhang Jike's emotional celebration after winning the World Cup?

i was not surprised with my performances in World Cup because I really worked harder for the big event like that.i believed I could do better than before initially and the confidence kept me going.i had great winnings before the World Cup and with that more self confidence materialised in World Cup.

i will only start to play from February next year by God's grace from Kuwait and Qatar open.

i took the picture with him during the breakfast of the next day after we played one night ago and he is such a great guy with full of humbleness and respect.

i really did not get time to talk with Ma long because I did not see him before I left,I guessed he was so tired and did not come for breakfast the day I left germany

his celebration was not bad at all just that people counted it to be another thing,after you Have an unbelievable winning you might not know what you were doing at that happiest moment and you might do crazy things,his celebration was not bad.

however,in glasgow at the commonwealth games, I also took off my short and showed my boxer only after we won against India in a tension packed bronze medal match and I was really not aware of what I was doing because I was so happy that I got carried away that moment.

This user has no status.
I have started videoing some of my matches and the answer is quite simple when you loose against less skilled player.
1. Wrong tactics.
2. You don't play your game and your position yourself to play your strong shots.
3. You get tight and play even worst.

Conclusion: Try to always play your game and never underestimate anyone.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Hi Aruna, thank you for all the answers on TTD.

This made me laugh so much when I saw this! The video on vine has been seen by 700,000 people and famous facebook pages like the sports bible shared it.

So I ask, did you get in trouble by this, or were the organisers at the commonwealth games ok? :D

Your celebration at the end of the team event was so great!

Reactions: Donow
This user has no status.
hey buddy, great to have you here :) I have 2 questions:

1. How did your coach helped you in the game vs. ZJK, is there anything specific he told you or isn't there much things to say against chinese players?

2. What do you think about rubber boosting? Normally all the players are doing it and furthermore it increases the speed of the game so the players have to get more skilled which would make the game more attractive? Or whats your opinion about tuning and boosting rackets?

Thanks buddy so nice of you ;) best regards man ;)