Ask Aruna Quadri a question!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
i was not surprised with my performances in World Cup because I really worked harder for the big event like that.i believed I could do better than before initially and the confidence kept me going.i had great winnings before the World Cup and with that more self confidence materialised in World Cup.

i will only start to play from February next year by God's grace from Kuwait and Qatar open.

i took the picture with him during the breakfast of the next day after we played one night ago and he is such a great guy with full of humbleness and respect.

i really did not get time to talk with Ma long because I did not see him before I left,I guessed he was so tired and did not come for breakfast the day I left germany

his celebration was not bad at all just that people counted it to be another thing,after you Have an unbelievable winning you might not know what you were doing at that happiest moment and you might do crazy things,his celebration was not bad.

however,in glasgow at the commonwealth games, I also took off my short and showed my boxer only after we won against India in a tension packed bronze medal match and I was really not aware of what I was doing because I was so happy that I got carried away that moment.

It's so kind of you taking time to answer all my questions, I really appreciate it.

I enjoy watching you play, and will definitely follow your games from now on.

Wish you all the best!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Why cant you play Swedish Open or Russian Open? If you would perform good, you would have the chance of qualifying for the World Tour Grand Finals!
Thank you for answering my questions! Your playing style is awesome!

This user has no status.
people want to ask the pros for themselves,so let them.

that's fine. but usually the answers are the same: either a dodgy "i don't advocate breaking the rules, but will not say anything neither for or against boosting" or they just say "yes, we all boost" which can potentially get them in trouble.

Reactions: mahomedy13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
Hi Aruna, thank you for all the answers on TTD.

This made me laugh so much when I saw this! The video on vine has been seen by 700,000 people and famous facebook pages like the sports bible shared it.

So I ask, did you get in trouble by this, or were the organisers at the commonwealth games ok? :D

Your celebration at the end of the team event was so great!

No I had no problem then but I was warned seriously not to do such again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
Why cant you play Swedish Open or Russian Open? If you would perform good, you would have the chance of qualifying for the World Tour Grand Finals!
Thank you for answering my questions! Your playing style is awesome!
its impossible to play in all tournaments,presently I am relazing and also I must play league matches over the weekend in Portugal.

Hi Aruna,

First of all I just wanna say THANK YOU for inspiring me (and i'm sure many others), watching your performance at the World Cup was so entertaining. I'm looking forward to see more of you in major events.

I don't have any question, I just wanted to thank you Aruna. I wish you the best.

Killerspintt

Reactions: TableTennisNerd
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hey Champ

Firstly, congrats in making WR30
WR 20 is just 1 or 2 wins away and since the Chinese now fear you, things will become more exciting :)

I have a question for you.
Could you share your life story and what happened to get you from national level to WR100 level and from there progressing to WR30.
Baring in mind the lack of TT development/funding etc in Africa and the suitation in your home country.
Basically the main question is: What was the main turning point for you from being a normal table tennis player in Nigeria, in becoming world level player?

I think your story and journey will be crucial for other kids in Africa, as currently there is "no hope" written all around the sport.

PS - I recently became a coach and to help develop TT in South Africa. So your story can be a truce case study for us to study and follow.
Thanks in advance

Tony

Reactions: Thewimo and izra
This user has no status.
I venture an answer... since I have played Internationally for Algeria many years ago. First of all, NIGERIA has always had a very good standard in Table Tennis and the best in Africa. They have always had players capable of making that transition from great to TOP 50. So please don't underestimate and "bundle" the whole of Africa, as it it was one single country and standard..... Just look at the record from over 20 years ago and you will see i am right. Whats lacking though is simple: moving from great player to top top player, takes to play in a solid league week in week out and play lots and lots of tournaments against the best in the world.
NO different from any European country. Top players are Chinese and once in a while you see a player for one European country emerging. Thats all. Bottom line... there is China and.... everyone else.. including Africa.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I venture an answer... since I have played Internationally for Algeria many years ago. First of all, NIGERIA has always had a very good standard in Table Tennis and the best in Africa. They have always had players capable of making that transition from great to TOP 50. So please don't underestimate and "bundle" the whole of Africa, as it it was one single country and standard..... Just look at the record from over 20 years ago and you will see i am right. Whats lacking though is simple: moving from great player to top top player, takes to play in a solid league week in week out and play lots and lots of tournaments against the best in the world.
NO different from any European country. Top players are Chinese and once in a while you see a player for one European country emerging. Thats all. Bottom line... there is China and.... everyone else.. including Africa.

No doubt being a Nigerian or Egyptian will be "better" than most countries in Africa.
That only helps the "development process", it won't make you become top in the world.

According to your view, it is playing leagues in Europe that helped?

I read an article from Musa, he said that when he won the Commonwealth Gold, the Nigerian gov gave him nothing, while the soccer players all get houses and cars.
So it is interesting to see how attractive is TT in Africa's top table tennis country - and what was the turning point for Quadri and how it made him to become a professional today (a professional where he can play in Europe and hopefully manage a living from there)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
HI Aruna, I just read a report by PingPong Magazine in China in which Zhang Jike talked about your game. According to Zhang Jike, people questioned why he lost two games to you, a world ranking 73 player, and he told the reporter that actually you were a much better player than your world ranking suggested. He said that after his match with you, he told Ma Long that your level are at the top 32. I guess players know better;)

Last edited: