Austrian Open 2011 (Pro Tour)

Who will win the Austrian Open 2011 - Prediction :)

• Wang Hao

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

• RYU Seung Min

• Other - Leave your comment below

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Heard from Bro Matt's blog that Chtchetinine beat Apolonia :D
Wanna see the vid !
That's a defender right? :p Not suprised in that case. Apolonia doesn't make the best of his point from his attack. He has a mediocre loop, so he will have trouble with any defender that can give a decent amount of backspin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
ITTF is "great" no match from today at thier page :( I really wanted to see some matches. Peter Korbel vs Ma Long lost 4:1 but last 2 sets it was 10:12 and 16:18!!!! Last time he played great with Muzutani at Japan open and he lost just 4:3. He still playing very well....

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Chtchetinine is quite competent at spinning the ball and has a lot of spin variation, some of his chopping can be quite high but generally speaking hes a bit of an awkward player to come up against and as Wiwa said, Apolonia is not that strong against defenders, though I will admit I was a little surprised at the result myself

This user has no status.
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I share my content with TTDaily including all my interviews and I also have a permanent link on my main sidebar to TTDaily on my blog if Dan had a problem with it I wouldn't do it.

Forum rules state the following:
These forums define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites or posts with little, no or completely unrelated content.

Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc. Doing so is a waste of time.

The grey area is whether or not i'm trying to promote my website in the forums to which in my perspective I am not, I'm merely providing related content to the forum for discussion within the forum just like people who link youtube videos here. My content is to promote activity within the TTDaily forums as my blog only constitutes reading material and does not involve any discussion or involvement from others. Everything I do is to benefit the users not myself.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
To be honest, I really wouldn't be surprised if Wang Hao just let Hao Shuai win, so he could get additional experience. This isn't a big tournament by any means, I think because the Chinese national team really cares more about the collective as opposed to individual success, Wang Hao, who clearly has proven himself just lets young up and comers get more experience by going further in the tournament. There probably is little doubt that China will win the championship, and therefore the Chinese team isn't really too worried about who wins, as long as one of the Chinese do.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Well in theory yes but I share my content with TTDaily including all my interviews and I also have a permanent link on my main sidebar to TTDaily on my blog if Dan had a problem with it I wouldn't do it.

I've sent ya a message on facebook Matt

To be honest, I really wouldn't be surprised if Wang Hao just let Hao Shuai win, so he could get additional experience. This isn't a big tournament by any means, I think because the Chinese national team really cares more about the collective as opposed to individual success, Wang Hao, who clearly has proven himself just lets young up and comers get more experience by going further in the tournament. There probably is little doubt that China will win the championship, and therefore the Chinese team isn't really too worried about who wins, as long as one of the Chinese do.

Hmm it has been known in the past for stuff like this to happen. But for Wang Hao to lose deliberately to Hao Shuai I'm not sure. This would have a huge effect on Wang Hao's world ranking points also?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
If they would let someone get experience I don't think it would be Hao Shuai. Remember that unbelievable comeback from Maze against him at the WTTC? That was in 2005, so 6 years ago. I don't know Shuai's age but he is definitely not a young talent who needs experience in my opinion.

Having said that, I do think he has a reasonable chance to beat Wang Hao.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Sooo How I do see it.. there will be interesting matches!

Round 32:
Zoran Primorac vs. Xu Xin
Patrick Baum vs. Jorgen Persson
Kazuhiro Chan vs. Ma Long
ZHANG JIKE vs. WERNER SCHLAGER
Dima Otvcharov vs. Chen Weixing
KALINIKOS KREANGA vs. JUN MIZUTANI that will be absolute cracker!
Ryu Seung Min vs. Tiago Apolonia
And also probably interesting will be Ma Lin vs. Kenta Matsudaira..
And if favorites will win, round 16:
Wang Hao vs. Hao Shuai
Ning Gao/Adrian Crisan vs. Xu Xin
Patrick Baum vs. Ma Long
Zhang Jike vs. Bastian Steger
Samsonov vs. Oh Sang Eun
Ryu Seung Min vs. Ma Lin

And we still didnt quit!
Round 8:
Wang Hao vs. Xu Xin
Chuang Chih-Yuan vs. Ma Long
Zhang Jike vs. Jun Mizutani (but I would rather see there Kreanga ;) )
And Samsonov vs. Ma Lin

Then semifinals Wang Hao vs. Ma Long.. or Xu Xin vs. Ma Long
And Zhang Jike vs. Ma Lin..

Finals .. hmm :eek:

This will just be one great tournament!!!

Sooo.. when I look at this, I only made few mistakes :)
Persson was beaten by Monteiro..
Schlager lost in first round..
Korbel beat Kazuhiro
Štetinin beat Apolonia
And surprise Hao Shuai beat Wang Hao..
So, other went as I thought, so now we are surely happy to see Xu Xin vs. Ma Long (will Ma Long win? )
And Ma Lin vs. Zhang Jike! (I dont remember them to play in pro tour.. will Zhang win?)

So who will win the tournament???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Thanks a lot for all videos and for your great work,Dan!

Quarter Final

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for all videos and for your great work,Dan!

Quarter Final
I love the mizutani - zhang match :)))))))
full of counter topspins :))))