Best racket case?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
We often talk about blade and rubbers, but what about the case protecting your expensive racket? Of those on the market, there's quite a few options to choose from:

Basic head case.

Single square/round racket case
w/ optional padding, ball compartment, exterior/interior pockets, interior rubber band/mesh, hard shell, separator flap

Double/Multi layer square racket case
w/ options as above

Metal cover cases

Premium leather cases

Built-in case with backpack or handbag

Plastic Bag.

Personally, I think a hard shell double/multi layer square racket case is best. What cases do you all store your rackets in?

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
Double/Multi layer square racket case
This one is best as it often has space for a spare racket(which is always reassuring to have) and some balls(I quite often forget my ball case) which is super useful. The metal case is really snazzy though.
I have two cases. One is an Impact double bat case, which is really usefull as it has a net device thingy you can put your bats in(can store 2 bats). The second one i have is a nice golden and black Butterfly case, i it got for free(extra bonus!) with my Ovtcharov ALC and can store 2 bats or 1 bat and 2 balls. It is a different style(still rectangular) but has a peice of plastic with a few moulds in you can put balls and bat handle. Also really nice.

Reactions: TackyForehand
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Yinhe's hard case (rectangle) is inexpensive and good quality. I recommend that one.
I settled on something similar. The interior design on the current double layer cases are meh. If only there was a double layer case with interior design of Yinhe's square hard case on one layer and mesh/pocket/wallet on the other layer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I settled on something similar. The interior design on the current double layer cases are meh. If only there was a double layer case with interior design of Yinhe's square hard case on one layer and mesh/pocket/wallet on the other layer.
You mean like that?
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-21 at 16.10.51.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
A hard case in my opinion is much more important for balls, because I used to have a new ball that was pressed down in a bag with something and became a little egg-shaped :) Therefore, I recommend everyone to wear balls in a case. By the way, excellent ball cases are obtained from a tube for silicone sealant. You just need to cut off the nose and squeeze the piston out of the tube, turn the piston 180 degrees and the cover for five balls is ready. The same case is very convenient to roll rubber when glue.

Attachments

• Снимок1.JPG
    Снимок1.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 63
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I generally use soft rectangular, double bat cases.

One with 4 bats in, reasonably comfortably. Spare bats for new players to use. ( bats with inverted rubbers )
Another with 4 bats, 2 bats with inverted and LP/MP set up, plus another 2 spare bats with inverted set up.
So that’s the ‘coaching’ cases.
Personal bat cases, again are double cases. i have 2 of these, with 2 bats in each, one has identical blades and rubbers, this is my match bats, but I also use one of these when coaching The other for matches.
The second case has bats that I have / are EJing with!!!

I also have 3 single bat hard cases, these came with the blades, long 5 and 2 Joola blades PTE perform and PTE Nature. Nice hard cases, mag catch, foam cut outs etc.

Reactions: PaddyPolar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
I generally use soft rectangular, double bat cases.

One with 4 bats in, reasonably comfortably. Spare bats for new players to use. ( bats with inverted rubbers )
Another with 4 bats, 2 bats with inverted and LP/MP set up, plus another 2 spare bats with inverted set up.
So that’s the ‘coaching’ cases.
Personal bat cases, again are double cases. i have 2 of these, with 2 bats in each, one has identical blades and rubbers, this is my match bats, but I also use one of these when coaching The other for matches.
The second case has bats that I have / are EJing with!!!

I also have 3 single bat hard cases, these came with the blades, long 5 and 2 Joola blades PTE perform and PTE Nature. Nice hard cases, mag catch, foam cut outs etc.
That's a lot of cases. Which double cases did you choose? Are they all the same brand and style?

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
That's a lot of cases. Which double cases did you choose? Are they all the same brand and style?
I have an old Butterfly case, red, white trim, bats are separated by a sheet of thin plywood, not sure how old but its got to be pre 1990. still in really good condition.
Joola 'thermo' case , silver, blue trim. that one's not as old but pre 2000
Another Joola case, and a Tibhar 'Shanghai'

Also got a couple of single bat cases, but only to keep the odd bat in storage.!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Created to inspire, Velvil's exquisite Duo leather racket cases are handcrafted in Portugal from top-shelf materials and can be customized and personalized.

- Full-grain cowhide leather shell
- Hand-polished symmetrical zippers with extra protection for the slider and puller
- Varnished cork core for 2 rackets
- Recycled leather-rubber composite lining
- Saddle leather extendable/removable handle
- Stainless steel eyelet and screws
- 100% cotton travel bag included

Buy here:

https://velvil.com/products/table-tennis-racket-case

Attachments

• ping-pong-paddle-cover.jpg
    ping-pong-paddle-cover.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 60
  • leather-table-tennis-racket-cover.jpg
    leather-table-tennis-racket-cover.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 58
  • leather-ping-pong-case.jpg
    leather-ping-pong-case.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 54
  • two-racket-ping-pong-cork.jpg
    two-racket-ping-pong-cork.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 54
  • table-tennis-racket-cover-monogram.jpg
    table-tennis-racket-cover-monogram.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 59
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Created to inspire, Velvil's exquisite Duo leather racket cases are handcrafted in Portugal from top-shelf materials and can be customized and personalized.

- Full-grain cowhide leather shell
- Hand-polished symmetrical zippers with extra protection for the slider and puller
- Varnished cork core for 2 rackets
- Recycled leather-rubber composite lining
- Saddle leather extendable/removable handle
- Stainless steel eyelet and screws
- 100% cotton travel bag included

Buy here:

https://velvil.com/products/table-tennis-racket-case
Stylish, too bad it doesn't have cutouts for balls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Until 5 years back, I used to store all my racquets in a Hard wood case. However later-on, I realized that soft-cases are way lighter, and yet offer decent protection... Now, I use soft padded cases, with soft inner lining material. Eastfield has the best ones.. I also have one by Donic (Rectangular), Pongori (Rect.), Yinhe (Racquet Cut), Tibhar (Rect). A club-m8 of mine got a Butterfly Double-bat soft-case.. Excellent quality, and looks really nice. Another one has a Stiga racquet cut soft-case.. Very high quality, and has this retro look to it..Really nice..

BTW, a rectangular tablet-sleeve for 10" or 11" tablets work well as soft case for TT racquets... Tablet sleeves, generally have good padding, and the inner lining too is good.. Mine has this semi-fluff Neoprene sort of inner material..

Something like..

https://shorturl.at/ginFI

or

https://shorturl.at/gqvAZ

Reactions: S-Pin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
The best cases that I own are all from Stiga. Top quality, stylish and very well designed. If only they paid as much attention to the manufacturing quality of their blades :D . Not the cheapest, but it's well worth to spend a bit more in this case. (pun unintended)

Stiga cases.jpg
Stiga cases 2.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Their double cases are also great.
Stiga cases are protective and firm enough before it gets cumbersome. Some other cases I've had were either flimsy or designed for some kind of a military operation and to withstand a rocket attack. These Stiga ones are just what I need.

Stiga Double cases.jpg
Stiga Double cases 2.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I bought loki's (coffin kind) case on aliexpress, and it is very good.

I've got a couple of LOKI cases, decent quality but nowhere near Stiga. The one on the right is quite small, so a racket sits tight, and a larger size bat won't fit. Didn't buy the coffin type because I don't like rubber bands inside.

LOKI Cases.jpg