Best Yasaka rubbers?!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I think R7S is better for all wood hard blades because high throw and catapult ... Ma Lin EO or Goiabao 5
R7 is better for artificial blades like Innerforce ALC, Viscaria, Spirit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I think R7S is better for all wood hard blades because high throw and catapult ... Ma Lin EO or Goiabao 5
R7 is better for artificial blades like Innerforce ALC, Viscaria, Spirit.
What about yasaka mark v on both sides of Sweden extra?

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
What about yasaka mark v on both sides of Sweden extra?

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

That's good for beginners since it's slow, Rakza 7 is better once you've started to develop the right strokes and compete. And R7 Soft is a great BH rubber for those who prefer something a little softer on that side.

Reactions: dominus7
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Watch out for manufacturing defects on YRD sheets. I recently had to return new YRD in packaging with topsheet separated from sponge. So quality issues are there and I don't see any response from the dealer or Yasaka in fixing it.

That sucks, sorry to hear/ Who is the dealer? Could have been an old sheet or the conditions they stocked it in. EWither way, I hope either them or Yasaka fixes your issue soon.

This user has no status.
That sucks, sorry to hear/ Who is the dealer? Could have been an old sheet or the conditions they stocked it in. EWither way, I hope either them or Yasaka fixes your issue soon.
Local wholesale dealer sells supplies in bulk to state and national players coaches.

I doubt it is a storage or old sheet problem. This is definitely specific to YRD and I don't see any issues with Rakza7/9/X or the YSD that I am using.

I tend to use rubbers till they wear out until they fall off in tiny pieces. All Yasaka rubbers except YRD have performed admirably. I am a repeat Yasaka customer. :clap:

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Local wholesale dealer sells supplies in bulk to state and national players coaches.

I doubt it is a storage or old sheet problem. This is definitely specific to YRD and I don't see any issues with Rakza7/9/X or the YSD that I am using.

I tend to use rubbers till they wear out until they fall off in tiny pieces. All Yasaka rubbers except YRD have performed admirably. I am a repeat Yasaka customer. :clap:

Got ya. Well I hope they get back to you and give you a new sheet asap.

This user has no status.
I played Mark V on a Falcon (5 ply) back in the 1970's in the Navy. I hit a slow loop back in the day. Let the ball drop brushed the back and sent the ball over the net by a foot or more and then watch it scoot off the table an inch in the air. Now I am over 60 and getting back into the game as retirement looms. I have a Ma Lin offensive with Mark V on both sides, but recently bought YSD and YRD playing it on the two sides of my old Falcon and really getting to like YRD. Faster than Mark V, more spin and great control for returning serves. But my game is just now coming back so who knows?!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
I have tried:
mark v
rakza 7
rakza 7 soft
rakza X

at the moment I use R7 2.0mm on both sides on 5 ply wood (nitakku acoustic)

mark v is outdated and too slow, R7 soft I tried it on backhand but didn't really like the feel on my wood blade, too soft.
rakza X not so durable and kind of hard.

rakza 7 is where i found the best value for my style: good spin on serves, good serve return. hard enough for the short game and of course the mid high throw is amazing on forehand and very spinny with right technique. at the moment I cannot find a better rubber for the money as this sheet usually lasts a whole season.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
valmo is realy good , the spin is good but is realy realy fast!!!!!!, rakza 7 is spiny as medium high trow as a soft touch and has a very good durability, rakza x is less spiny tha r7 but as a harder touch and a lower trow and as a very bad durability. the old mark v is not very good with the new plastic balls feels like the rubber is dead, but for me in the speed glue era this ones were my favorite. the mark v hps is a faster and spinier version of the regular one, medium trow very good spin soft touch good control , good in my backhand. rakza 9 is harder and faster than r7 but a litle less spinier but the trow is medium.

This user has no status.
It's a Chinese-style rubber so it's more FH prone. You need to produce more power in order to generate more power. I've also tried it on the BH and somehow it works well, slower but lots of control.

I have YRD and YSD both on the same bat - my old 5 ply Falcon and actually prefer the YSD on forehand because it has higher throw.

I just recently bought a Ma Lin Carbon with Rakza 7 soft and Rakza 10 soft just to try them and play the 7 soft on the forehand for the most part. I am not sure I like the 10 soft at all, but its early and probably mostly my fault.

My main bat is a Ma Lin Extra Offensive with Mk V on both sides and I still play best with that - hopefully I get used to the added speed the rest give me, but for now my loop timing is so much better with it.

I keep thinking of move the Razka 7 soft to my Extra Offensive and one sheet of the Mark 5 to the Carbon as a better way to test and compare, what do you think? Or would one of the sheets of Dragon be a better choice for such a swap?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I have YRD and YSD both on the same bat - my old 5 ply Falcon and actually prefer the YSD on forehand because it has higher throw.

I just recently bought a Ma Lin Carbon with Rakza 7 soft and Rakza 10 soft just to try them and play the 7 soft on the forehand for the most part. I am not sure I like the 10 soft at all, but its early and probably mostly my fault.

My main bat is a Ma Lin Extra Offensive with Mk V on both sides and I still play best with that - hopefully I get used to the added speed the rest give me, but for now my loop timing is so much better with it.

I keep thinking of move the Razka 7 soft to my Extra Offensive and one sheet of the Mark 5 to the Carbon as a better way to test and compare, what do you think? Or would one of the sheets of Dragon be a better choice for such a swap?
YSD black comes with blue sponge and feels as good as a extreme boosted 729 SuperFX bluesponge. YSD feels a lot lighter and way softer than most Chinese tacky rubbers. YSD is "all" Chinese and doesn't play like Hybrid rubbers. After 6 months or 1 year expect to boost it to original performance.

YRD I feel has QA issues to address. After 1 year of buying, 3 rubbers have failed ( 2 black and 1 red ) due to topsheet separation and that too a new one which Yasaka has thankfully replaced! No Chinese brand will do that!

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

I'm not a big fan of the 9 and X in general, they feel really hard yet don't produce as much catapult as some of the harder rubbers from other manufacturers. I think the 7 (and 7 Soft) is a great rubber, not too hard not too soft, capable of a lot of spin with lots of control. I might actually switch back to R7 from MX-P at some point.

I think your original idea of swapping the R7S and MV for testing is a good one, based on the fact that you like both rubbers and want to see of they play on different blades. You can later on try the YSD on the FH of your secondary blade. Moreover, I think that down the road you should stick to Mark V on both sides on the blades you test, and at some point upgrade to R7 (or R7S if you prefer a soft sponge) on both sides on your main blade (once established) when you feel ready to control more speed. But in the end, whatever feels best and produces the best results for you is what you should stick with.

I used to live in MI. Where do you play if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited: