Big Dipper, Loki Arthur China experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
So I tried the 2 above rubbers on both viscaria blade and BTY TB CAF all wood blade.

Big Dipper is my favorite to the 2. Its ok fast. maybe best if boosted I would think. spin is great. control really REALLY good. it just feels "right". gives confidence. it was good on both wood and alc blade. throw angle feels medium. Arc medium and you have to really stroke right to get a good arc. it will easily do more straight shots.

Loki Arthur China was slow. spin was great. but somehow despite its slower than Big Dipper I felt more control with Big Dipper. It has better spin than BD. the amount of dust collected on the black sheet was crazy. never seen anything like this before. during a game it just gets covered. Anyway I would say its simply too slow for me.

My hybrid K3 is still the favorite rubber compared to these 2. Its much faster. almost as good control as BD. more spin than both. short game its way better. long game too due to the hard sponge.
Ill be getting more chinese rubbers in soon to try compare.

Overall considering the price you get a lot for your money.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
K3 is more towards a ESN tensor type rubber as is Bty D09C / dragon grip etc these rubbers have less tackiness than other Hybrids and traditional Chinese type rubbers such as the 'old' H3 or Battle 2 rubbers. that's why K3 is faster, if you try some traditional Chinese rubbers they are going to feel pretty slow, some booster will make them play faster / nicer.
One of the faster Hybrids is Jupiter 3 Asia, although I found it to be a little lacking on the spin side of things for my liking!!
If you like K3, then Xiom J&H H52 maybe to tour liking. I'm waiting for the Xiom Omega 8 China & Hybrid to be released, these both look interesting!!

Reactions: Cadoia and kindof99
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Loki Arthur China can take some time to break in.
It can last very long, unless you hit too many edges or somehow break the sponge or rubber.
Definitely needs a breaking in. I have LAC on both sides of a blade, the red BH rubber is older and faster than the new black FH rubber. things are starting to even out now I've played for a few hours with the new rubber.
LAC isn't slow for a Hybrid type rubber with the amount of tackiness it has.

Reactions: Cadoia
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
K3 is more towards a ESN tensor type rubber as is Bty D09C / dragon grip etc these rubbers have less tackiness than other Hybrids and traditional Chinese type rubbers such as the 'old' H3 or Battle 2 rubbers. that's why K3 is faster, if you try some traditional Chinese rubbers they are going to feel pretty slow, some booster will make them play faster / nicer.
One of the faster Hybrids is Jupiter 3 Asia, although I found it to be a little lacking on the spin side of things for my liking!!
If you like K3, then Xiom J&H H52 maybe to tour liking. I'm waiting for the Xiom Omega 8 China & Hybrid to be released, these both look interesting!!
All these high end hybrids are pretty good and I don't see a need for any new ones unless new techniques or manufacture methods come up.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
So I tried the 2 above rubbers on both viscaria blade and BTY TB CAF all wood blade.

Big Dipper is my favorite to the 2. Its ok fast. maybe best if boosted I would think. spin is great. control really REALLY good. it just feels "right". gives confidence. it was good on both wood and alc blade. throw angle feels medium. Arc medium and you have to really stroke right to get a good arc. it will easily do more straight shots.

Loki Arthur China was slow. spin was great. but somehow despite its slower than Big Dipper I felt more control with Big Dipper. It has better spin than BD. the amount of dust collected on the black sheet was crazy. never seen anything like this before. during a game it just gets covered. Anyway I would say its simply too slow for me.

My hybrid K3 is still the favorite rubber compared to these 2. Its much faster. almost as good control as BD. more spin than both. short game its way better. long game too due to the hard sponge.

Try boosting the LAC and see if it speeds up.

Reactions: Cadoia
says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
Feb 2023
I did it once and barely noticed any difference to the used rubber, only very slight increase in speed which could have had other reasons.
Both were on the same blade on FH and BH, so it was a direct comparison.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011

K3 is a very good rubber however the tackiness will wear off and then it's not very effective. The speed is great but I want tack AND speed. So I've decided to go the Chinese rubber and booster route.

What's the diff between Arthur China and Asia? Is one faster/tackier than the other?

This user has no status.
Cant recommend. At least not until they change how they glue the rubber to the sponge or maybe they did that already and that is the reason why you feel that the lac is slower than the bd because that is not my experience.
The moment i engage the lac it is way faster than the bd with way higher topend speed.

My try of boosting it, ended in a rubber nearly completely seperated from its sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
K3 is a very good rubber however the tackiness will wear off and then it's not very effective. The speed is great but I want tack AND speed. So I've decided to go the Chinese rubber and booster route.

What's the diff between Arthur China and Asia? Is one faster/tackier than the other?
I dont really care too much about tackiness. Grip yes. K3 isn't tacky. I couldn't lift the ball even when it was new. I know others say they can but with mine I couldn't.

Attachments

• YHWbDZ2fLxc.jpg
    YHWbDZ2fLxc.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 25
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I understand the effectiveness of tackiness isn't much different than non tacky surface when it comes to how much spin you can impart. However, I do notice that for short, spinny incoming balls it's easier for me to grip and flip (control) than non tacky ones.
K3 does this very well as its "dead" before the sponge gets activated. without tackiness. so LOTS of control of a high spin slow ball.
you pay the price of less spin and speed with tackiness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

My understanding is that Asia is slightly more speed-oriented and China is slightly more spin oriented. But both are really good

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
But both are really good
Wellllllll, not so fast my boy. 😁
Let us not forget that at least when it comes to LAC we have come to the conclusion that there are several versions sold, that might even be manufactured in different factories because some of the rubbers are great and some are complete crap.................and then there is the bubbles too. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
K3 does this very well as its "dead" before the sponge gets activated. without tackiness. so LOTS of control of a high spin slow ball.
you pay the price of less spin and speed with tackiness.
Hence why I boost it. Trying to get best of both spin and speed.

I used to use K3 but it's too fast for short flips. It's good for far from table rallies but I had hard time keeping it short and controlling it close in.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Hence why I boost it. Trying to get best of both spin and speed.

I used to use K3 but it's too fast for short flips. It's good for far from table rallies but I had hard time keeping it short and controlling it close in.
interesting how 2 people can have such different experiences. I never had such an easy time placing the ball in short game as I do with K3. and yes its epic in far from table too. Flicks on both wings over the table is easy too. I really wish this rubber wasnt this perfect for me as im told it wont last long. Considering its compared to the D09c and that D09c will last much longer I have decided to invest in the dignics now. Buying 4 sheets today. While on the sidelines ill try experiment with various chinese setups slowly over time hoping to find just as good setup for a fraction of the price.
But K3 so far is the best rubber I tried ever. Its now 1.5 months old. Ill clean it. protective sheets on it. taking good care hoping it will give me few more months of joy.

Reactions: TheProfessor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

I feel that the Asia is harder and less elastic top sheet. Perhaps faster than China, but China gives more spin and effect when brushing the ball.

Reactions: mattlamperouge