Blade Decision

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
What is a better? Stiga Optimum Carbo or Xiom Strato blade? If there is anything better that these two blade, may i please have your suggestion. I want a fast blade with good control. Thanks!

Hi Uzumaki, welcome to the forum. About your question, honestly I don't know about Xiom Strato, but I can promise you that the Optimum Carbo is a great blade. If you look on my left column, you will see that it's my choice of weapon. I have other blades, but this is my favourite. :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
In the end, it is not about better and worse with a good blade. There are lots of good blades. It is about what works for you. And if you have a blade that has a useful amount of speed for your game and good dwell time so you can spin and do short game, then it is really just which blade that has those qualities that you are used to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hey,
welcome here buddy :D
Now, tell us how you play and which rubbers do you use!

Second, I play with Stiga Optimum SYNC, don't know how much they're related but my blade is awsome! Great control and feel. speed is also enoug. I think probably less than the carbon one but still good! and I think, with the price, I wouldn't go for the Strato... I think it's really expensive...
Even though, I want one *.*

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
xiom strato is a thick stiff and fast blade, its much suited for hitting than looping IMHO, blocks are good enough, with decent technique short game is controllable, all in all the blade is for an aggressive game, good for mid and far distance rally, havent tried optimum carbo, looping is ok if the technique good, just my opinion, others may disagree, hope it helps

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I would say then go with the Stiga Opt Carbo Azlan knows his stiga blades and he uses it currently so I don't think you'll get a better answer than that. I myself prefer custom blades because nothing on the market even comes close to what I want for the price of $85-$95. But there are some great blades out there that I've tried all at the $150.00 range. So it all depends on how much you're willing to spend and what you've tried out. If you know of anyone with the Stiga you should try it out first.

With the 3-4 clubs around us and many veteran players I'm able to pretty much try out any blade that's out. I know one guy who has over 30 blades just from collecting over the years and he can always stick some rubber on one of them for people to try.