Blades that are similar to DHS W968

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
I recently got a chance to play with the W968 and it feels really nice. The problem is that I absolutely don't want to buy a blade that has a player name on it (I just can't look at my ZJK ALC the same way after the news broke last year, and don't want that to repeat again). So could anyone please recommend me some commercially available blades that are similar to the W968 and with generic name instead? Any brand is alright, and let's just say the budget is not so tight. Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
W968 is so special that you can’t find anything exactly like that but some blades that have a similar composition without name are:
Butterfly Innerforce ALC
Several Yinhe blades
Sanwei 75 inner ALC
W968 is Limba wood top surface.
Sanwei 75 Inner ALC is Koto wood top surface.

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
There are blades with similar composition, but that does not necessarily make it similar to the w968.
Similar composition would be stiga athletico power or the like. Nobody would equal them to the w968, though. I don't think you need to fear any scandal arising from ma long.
No Athletico Power blade from Stiga.

The correct name and model should be Athletico Power blade from Yasaka.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Thank you guys for the recommendations. It sounds like I'm not gonna find the W968 alternative with my criteria for now, but there are some interesting blades that I wanna try now from this thread 😊
Why not just get DHS Fang Bo or the Butterfly Innerforce ALC? Those should be reasonably close substitutes with same construction

says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
Feb 2023
Yinhe Pro 05.

Although it might be more like the Q968, a little thicker and a bit harder, easier and better backhand.
Still mega good forehand of course.

I think the Pro 05 is Great for us non-pro players that want something of the W968 sort.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
There are pro's that have used w968 and switched to different blades. An Jaehyun being a popular example with TMXi pro.
But unfortunately can't really replicate w968.
It's most notable feature is it's head shape being 160x150. It adds more power on forehand thru physics.
Maybe look at some bigger headsize blades.
TMX Pro for me has a better forehand than Viscaria which is a different case.