booster with DHS

It really does not work well with the booster because when u boost it the Speed glue film might wear out due to the oil that comes in contact with the film :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
It is not speed glue neither will it come off if the rubber is boosted. Boost it as much as you like.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I like H3 Neo much more if it is boosted. I also like regular H3 more when it is boosted. However, I like either rubber boosted or not.

Booster is any number of chemicals that expand the sponge on a rubber and cause the sponge to be a little softer and have more spring and the topsheet, because it has been stretched and put on tension has more dwell time while producing more spin and you also have a little more control and the tension makes the topsheet faster as well.

Boosting rubbers is against ITTF rules, but pretty much all the top pros boost and many players of all levels boost their rubbers.

Some of the chemicals used are like Dan Chi Booster, Haifu Booster or Bio Booster. There are sever Table Tennis companies that make some version of booster. But people also use chemicals like baby oil or paraffin. Chemical solvents will usually expand the sponge of a table tennis rubber.

The idea came from speed glue which has been banned at least in part because of the health hazard of the VOCs (Volatile Organic Chemicals) that were in speed glue. Those volatile chemicals were also what made speed glue expand the sponge. Some of the Boosters are not dangerous to your health but many of them are. But either way, the ITTF rules are that any chemical added to a rubber's topsheet or sponge for the purpose of altering the playing characteristics of the rubber are against ITTF rules.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
i get it, you boost the rubber to have a better control and more spin from the rubber. perhaps it will work wonder to the hard rubber right? but if it is against the rule then how can they boost their rubber? perhaps the rule is not very strict on for this booster? or maybe they boost because ittf have no way to determine whether they boost he rubber or not?