How do you boost your Hurricane 3 Neo?

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I am about to try Hurricane 3 Neo on both forehand and backhand and for this purpose I think I may want to learn to boost to have a little extra zing to my shots. But I have a problem, as many sources I find, as many routines they do.
My question is, what routine do you have when it comes to boosting? Do you remove the pre-applied glue? How much booster layers do you use? How much do you wait? Which booster do you use?
I am talking about the 39° Commerical version, but other versions' boosting can also play. I am willing to find a simple and reliable boosting routine to get the best results.

I am concerned because of the evaporation of the factory boosting after 3-4 weeks. Do I need to boost? Does this evaporation make is significantly slower or less spinny?

Thanks!

Last edited:
says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I don't , whats the point of making it to resemble european/japanese rubbers ? the whole point is to have something different from these. If you think it is slow it is because you didn't adapt to the chinese style yet
No, I did not say it is slow. I actually have quite a bit technique to make full use of this rubber. I am not saying it is as easy as with a hybrid, but not bad. I am only concerned about the possible slowing down after that 2-3 weeks, when the factory boosting evaporates. Or does this make the rubber significantly slower or less spinny?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
No, I did not say it is slow. I actually have quite a bit technique to make full use of this rubber. I am not saying it is as easy as with a hybrid, but not bad. I am only concerned about the possible slowing down after that 2-3 weeks, when the factory boosting evaporates. Or does this make the rubber significantly slower or less spinny?
there is NO factory boosting to worry about.
If you want, apply just 1 layer of booster on top of the factory-glue and wait about 10 hours then apply your usual layers of glue. If you leave a bit of overhang when you cut the rubber it will be easy enough to take the rubber off later and refit it after you have done ""who knows what "" to it. Happy experimenting.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
there is NO factory boosting to worry about.
If you want, apply just 1 layer of booster on top of the factory-glue and wait about 10 hours then apply your usual layers of glue. If you leave a bit of overhang when you cut the rubber it will be easy enough to take the rubber off later and refit it after you have done ""who knows what "" to it. Happy experimenting.
Thank you!

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
that neo boost on there is of no use.
you can add booster over that layer
follow the instruction of the booster, since all boosters have different instructions
Yeah I don't really feel any of that Neo "boost". You need to actually boost it. It's not unplayable without boosting, but the difference in feel and speed is tremendous after say 2 thick layers of seamoon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Does it matter? Can anyone tune it like Sergey the Tsos? Everyone should ask him.

#Sign-up Sergey
Sergey! How do you boost H3 neo? Blue sponge in particular. And do you think the neo sponge is the same as the regular sponge except for a little factory boost?