Boosting Hurricane 3 NEO National

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
What's the point on buying the most expensive rubber ever if only it's good when boosted?

If you play with a rubber of Ma Long, and a blade of Ma Long, it reinforces your impession that you play as good as Ma Long, especially when doing topspin against block cross-court drills :)

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The truth is, you guys should know, the guys on the CNT are really using Mark V with a DHS stamp on the topsheet and the Blue Tenergy sponge that is only available to the CNT. Oh, and the Tenegy on their BH, it is really Sriver with speed glue boosted by the TT companies and a Tenergy stamp on the Sriver topsheet and a Bryce HighSpeed sponge. But you need to know the secret handshake to get those.

They only have the topsheets say Tenergy and H3 because it is a plot by the TT corporations to corner the market and have everyone using Tenergy and H3.

But if I let you guys in on that secret the goon squad is going to be after me for sure. So it is a good thing that none of you will believe me and some of you will at list have a laugh.

But if you want something that plays like Tenergy for less $$$ what about Xiom Omega V Pro? What about Tibhar Evolution EL-P or MX-P? Rasant Grip? Rhyzm? Victas V>01? Air Illumina Alpha? Galaxy Moon/Pro/Speed? Dawei 2008XP?

If you are used to Tenergy and switch to H3 and have not used it before, you may end up wondering why anyone would use a rubber that feels like a piece of cardboard with a tacky topsheet on it. If you already know how to use H3, you will know the rest of your questions and how H3 does not play anything like Tenergy even though it is a very good rubber and particularly for certain things.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

The truth is, you guys should know, the guys on the CNT are really using Mark V with a DHS stamp on the topsheet and the Blue Tenergy sponge that is only available to the CNT. Oh, and the Tenegy on their BH, it is really Sriver with speed glue boosted by the TT companies and a Tenergy stamp on the Sriver topsheet and a Bryce HighSpeed sponge. But you need to know the secret handshake to get those.

They only have the topsheets say Tenergy and H3 because it is a plot by the TT corporations to corner the market and have everyone using Tenergy and H3.

But if I let you guys in on that secret the goon squad is going to be after me for sure. So it is a good thing that none of you will believe me and some of you will at list have a laugh.

But if you want something that plays like Tenergy for less $$$ what about Xiom Omega V Pro? What about Tibhar Evolution EL-P or MX-P? Rasant Grip? Rhyzm? Victas V>01? Air Illumina Alpha? Galaxy Moon/Pro/Speed? Dawei 2008XP?

If you are used to Tenergy and switch to H3 and have not used it before, you may end up wondering why anyone would use a rubber that feels like a piece of cardboard with a tacky topsheet on it. If you already know how to use H3, you will know the rest of your questions and how H3 does not play anything like Tenergy even though it is a very good rubber and particularly for certain things.

No Coral, you're wrong. The black rubber is indeed DHS Hurricane 3, but do you know why Chinese players always put their rackets with black rubber face up during set breaks? The secret is in their backhands rubber. It's Yasaka Mark V AD (some are still using sriver and bryce tho) boosted with mix of hot (80 Celcius) olive oil and sunflower oil.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
No Coral, you're wrong.

Ah, good to know Fonaz! I must have the old outdated secret handshake. You've got the most recent software update.

Carl => Coral = Fanz => Fonaz

Now we both have new names. Mine means that stuff that you find in tropical reefs. Yours, well, I am not sure what a Fonaz is but it has to mean something cool. Perhaps it is a sediment formation.

says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
DHS Hurricane and skyline are meant be boosted. Normally use them as a FH rubber. About the neo version, DHS just put a thin glue layer on the sponge, or people call it tuned. I used Hurricane 3 neio blue sponge national and provincial. Both have those thin glue layers.

Hurricane 8 is designed for the new plastic balls, which has the same characteristic as hurricane 3. But the top sheet is harder, which increases the speed and power. Meanwhile the pimples are smaller and the space is slightly bigger, which gets more control and has more dwell time. And also Hurricane 8 is more suitable for the carbon blades in some ways.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
you can get from ttnpp.com, the haifu booster oil that is.

Unless you wish to start from scratch with your forehand technique then I suggest to stay well away from Hurricane rubber. The difference in that and a sheet of tenergy or mx-p is night and day. As Pricey11 did, good to improve your stroke as unless you have good one the ball will not go over the net.
You will soon see how little of a stroke you use with euro rubbers to get the ball where you want it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I'm using an H3 Neo Commercial non-boosted for around 3 months. The first 2 months it was awesome, however now is totally useless, I can't even lift an underspin with it. Should I boost it or buy a new one?

Boosting should help, as these rubbers last long. One thing I need to ask is, did you use rubber protection sheet? And also clean the topsheet regularly?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Boosting should help, as these rubbers last long. One thing I need to ask is, did you use rubber protection sheet? And also clean the topsheet regularly?

I don't use the protection sheet, but I clean it always after training :)

Reactions: achalwins94
Interesting, but, why do I need 4 layers of glue? I thought 2 were enough xDD

The thicker the glue, the more catapult effect you'll get + better control. More than 4 layers will give you mushy feelin', in Economics they call it Diminishing Return =)). Plus, the glue helps hold the booster longer.

When you use 2 layers, the booster compound will penetrate the sponge and destroy the sponge faster. If you have bubble on your sheet, use a knife, cut it in half and you'll see, it's the sponge that were damaged, not the pips that were broken. :)

Cheers,

This user has no status.
The thicker the glue, the more catapult effect you'll get + better control. More than 4 layers will give you mushy feelin', in Economics they call it Diminishing Return =)). Plus, the glue helps hold the booster longer.

When you use 2 layers, the booster compound will penetrate the sponge and destroy the sponge faster. If you have bubble on your sheet, use a knife, cut it in half and you'll see, it's the sponge that were damaged, not the pips that were broken. :)

Cheers,
Yeah, I boosted too much my adidas p5. And the sponge was destroyed quite fast.