Butterfly Rozena!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
It depends. If you are searching for a slightly softer rubber which is less sensitive to spin, with more catapult, lower arc and better overall control, than yes. Definitely.
But the rubber has not the same spin and sharp rotation feel. If you need this with your opening topspin or when giving a hard backspin push, than it´s not the right one.

Great review I translated your German one to English :) How do you compare spin and speed to Donic blue fire?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
From the review (I love your blog by the way, even if Google translate doesn't make everything clear), it sounds something like a T80-EL, if such a thing were to exist. Not far off tenergy performance but a bit cheaper - sounds good.

Some would say that.

But the difference is that with Rozena you have a better feedback and clearer feeling, what this rubber can do. With T80 you feel in between two concepts and you don´t know which to follow. Also I like the topsheet and the dynamics more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Used it for 2 hours and I like it a lot. I was sceptical at first but the softer topsheet definitely suits me better as I prefer Tenergy FX-ish softness. You do get higher trajectly and more spin with Tenergy 05 IF you swing fast and hard but my swing speed it nowhere near top players so Rozena seems fit for me.

Having said that, the price is same as Fastarc/Rakza/Rasanter so I'll probably try them before I decide on switching.

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
I still really don't get Butterfly's point with this rubber. For this price you can get rubbers that are on a par with Tenergy (Evolution, Rasanter, etc) Why get something a notch lower at a higher price?

Some people like the feel and abilities of Tenergy and Japan rubbers in generell. But Tenergy is just too much. And there comes the slightly softer and more forgiving Rozena.

Others have problems with the, sometimes not understandable, catapult effect and non linear reaction of these Tensor rubbers. Just read the discussion about MX-K and Nexy Karis.

And at last, the durability of Tensor rubbers is not as good as with the Tenergy´s. Ok, with Rozena we have to see at first, how long it is playable. But from the obvious quality, I would say the same as Tenergy.
So, you have to pay less. Thats for sure. But you have to change your rubbers earlier.

I don´t want to stand on the Butterfly Fanboy side, but these arguments are also on the table.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I am actually playing really well with Karis. But from the description I could easily imagine that I would like this rubber.

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
I’m currently playing Apolonia ZLC blade with 05 max on FH and 05 1.9 on BH... don't like 05 1.9 on my backhand, but it still better for me than 05FX that I used before (too soft for me, don't understand how to control it...), when I flip my racket and trying playing 05 max from BH I like it quite much, but it still a bit too difficult for me because of high speed of the rubber and my low level as a player (especially from BH, played long pimps on the BH for a 1.5 years, then a couple of months with short pimps and finally only about month ago bought Apolonia ZLC decided to try to play with two inverted rubbers...)...

So, in Rozena I'm looking for a rubber close to 05, that a bit softer (just a bit, if it will be close to 05FX, then this rubber not for me...), a bit slower, and a bit more tolerant to my mistakes (in example, having a looooot of issues with receiving serves, this is effect of my 1.5+ years playing with pimps... it will be great if Rozena make it for me a little bit easier, in comparison with receiving serves with 05...)...

So, the question: Is Rozena what I'm looking for, or not quite?

P.S. BTW Already ordered Rozena black max from overseas (with some issues and not cheap... but it might be quite some time before it come to Russian shops, so no other choice...), but don't know how long it will take for shipping it to me, so for now decided to ask the question above, maybe people say that Rozena is not what I think it is, and I don't have to wait for it's shipping, I just need to go to nearby shop and buy 05 max for my BH and start training with it (even on BH 05 max for me is better than 05 1.9, so if Rozena will not be "my cup of tea", then I'm 100% sure that I buy 05 max on my BH)...

P.P.S. Sorry for my bad English...

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
I have the 1.9mm ( on osp virtuoso) and it is fast like t05fx 1.9mm (on Timo boll alc) : I would say that if is like t80 because it has less spin so "faster" than t05 but less spin means more control. I think it doesn't correct your mistake, if is less forgiving than the t05fx (from my experience) you have to hit right, if you don't, the ball will fly over the table.
For me, the "tolerance" comes from the tolerance to the incoming spin which is more controlable and the throw angle is like the t80. You can counter topspin more easily than with the t05 for ex.

Reactions: sanavasaraja
says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
I have the 1.9mm ( on osp virtuoso) and it is fast like t05fx 1.9mm (on Timo boll alc) : I would say that if is like t80 because it has less spin so "faster" than t05 but less spin means more control. I think it doesn't correct your mistake, if is less forgiving than the t05fx (from my experience) you have to hit right, if you don't, the ball will fly over the table.
For me, the "tolerance" comes from the tolerance to the incoming spin which is more controlable and the throw angle is like the t80. You can counter topspin more easily than with the t05 for ex.
Thanks... Though, after experience with 05 1.9 I don't want to try anything with Tenergy like sponge less than 2.1 thickness (so ordered Rozena in 2.1 thickness), as I said before, don't like 05 1.9 much, it's have too hard feeling for me, I don't feel like ball entering the sponge, so even though it's not as fast as 05 max, still with 05 max I have much more feeling of control, especially when using topspin, IMO 05 1.9 have only two pros in comparison with 2.1 version: first is block, second is flat shots, and that it, all other things not only more effective with 2.1 version, but often also a bit easier to do... So if I don't like Rozena, then will get 05 max on my backhand too, it's just hard for me to be in time using 05 2.1 on BH when speed of the rally is more than a certain limit, but maybe practice will help... BTW 05FX is really "not my cup of tea", too unpredictable, maybe it's because the soft feel Apolonia has, didn't try Tenergy on any other blades...