Can sb compare Joola Rhyzen ZGX and ZGR?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I think similar just zgx is softer slightly.

Actually rhyzen zgr is one of the best kept secrets on the market. Unboosted it is rather unremarkable. Its slow, very hard, and just feels quite awkward.

But it has a tremendous reaction to booster and becomes a great weapon. Very fast, catapulty, great feeling, spinny.

Reactions: Robin0910

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I have only used ZGR. I bought it because according to the vendor's ratings it was the spinniest rubber they had, and not so slow as to be hard work. It's great for my BH serves and I wouldn't be without it. In play it has good touch for short play, while it slows my BH attack (on a fast blade) just enough to keep the ball on the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Have you tried both?
I have both, but I have spent much more time with Rhyzen ZGR.

I haven't boosted the Rhyzen ZGX yet. My guess is it also has a good reaction to booster and should be a very good rubber as well, just slightly softer. But I will boost it soon and come back with my findings.

This user has no status.
I have both, but I have spent much more time with Rhyzen ZGR.

I haven't boosted the Rhyzen ZGX yet. My guess is it also has a good reaction to booster and should be a very good rubber as well, just slightly softer. But I will boost it soon and come back with my findings.
So unboosted they’re very similar but ZGX is slightly softer?

says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
I have both at home. At they are identical. If I cut them so you can't read the logos anymore and put them onto the same blade, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Rhyzen ZGR is discontinued.

Matt H. from Joola Australia claims, that Tronix ZGR is an upgraded version of Rhyzen ZGR and the successor. I was under the impression that ZGX should be the softer versions, but in their catalogue both ZGR and ZGX have 55° sponge and identical structure for their pimples. So to me ZGX looks like a relabeled Rhyzen ZGR.

I even compared the Rhyzen ZGX to Tronix ZGR and for me they play identical. Will see, how long the ZGX will last compared to Tronix ZGR. There needs to be a difference for 10€ more for the Tronix :)

1702488322909.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Robin0910
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Joola rhyzen zgr is harder version of sieger pk 50 ( I compare only sponge and topsheet material not sponge pips structure) and this is rubber from 2019 and my friend used pk50 more than 1year and it was playable ( good grip ) so maybe poor selling of rhyzen zgr + high durability and high cost of production destroyed rhyzen zgr?

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I have both at home. At they are identical. If I cut them so you can't read the logos anymore and put them onto the same blade, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Rhyzen ZGR is discontinued.

Matt H. from Joola Australia claims, that Tronix ZGR is an upgraded version of Rhyzen ZGR and the successor. I was under the impression that ZGX should be the softer versions, but in their catalogue both ZGR and ZGX have 55° sponge and identical structure for their pimples. So to me ZGX looks like a relabeled Rhyzen ZGR.

I even compared the Rhyzen ZGX to Tronix ZGR and for me they play identical. Will see, how long the ZGX will last compared to Tronix ZGR. There needs to be a difference for 10€ more for the Tronix :)

View attachment 27750
Allow me to clarify a few things. Firstly #Not Australian 😂 i’m in the US and with Joola Global.

My comments were that Tronix ZGR is a rebrand of Rhyzen ZGR to move it into the level category it belongs in. Rhyzen is typically lower level developmental rubbers, so the ZGR was rebranded as Tronix ZGR. It’s not an upgrade in any sense of physical properties.

Rhyzen ZGX is lighter, while the surface and sponge technologies are the same the raw materials used to make them are not identical.

The overall quality of raw material formula for Tronix ZGR (Rhyzen ZGR) is higher, this is why it is in a higher category and the price level is higher.

This is the information I received which was from the rubber manufacturer and of course there are plenty of things they will also not say about formulas and properties etc.

The information that we have to publish in the end is the sponge hardness and pips geometry which of course lead people to believe the rubbers are the same - especially when the topsheet and sponge tech is also same too.

As I said before if you feel Rhyzen ZGX plays the same then make the most of the discount 😂

Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
Thanks Matt and sorry for the dislocation :oops:

I'm still struggling with Rhyzen ZGX...

I currently only have a single sheet, but several Tronix ZGR and Rhyzen ZGR.. They all weigth between 47 and 48g, cut to a standard blade (15 x 15,7). The Rhyzen ZGX is around 50g.
I can only tell, what I have in front of me. And as stated in the other thread, I would love to see a lighter, softer version of the Tronix ZGR.

I'm currently testing the the Dynaryz ZGX and the feel of it is great. Might still be a bit to dynamic for me though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

I currently only have a single sheet, but several Tronix ZGR and Rhyzen ZGR.. They all weigth between 47 and 48g, cut to a standard blade (15 x 15,7). The Rhyzen ZGX is around 50g.
I can only tell, what I have in front of me. And as stated in the other thread, I would love to see a lighter, softer version of the Tronix ZGR.

I'm currently testing the the Dynaryz ZGX and the feel of it is great. Might still be a bit to dynamic for me though.
R u using them all unboosted?

I felt rhyzen zgr was too dead unboosted, but really fun boosted

Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
Yes I play them all unboosted.

I wouldn't call it dead... A DHS Skyline 2/3 is dead :ninja:

I felt Rhyzen and Tronix ZGR play very linear, but less dynamik then other ESN Hybrids. That's what I like about the balance sponge. They are very consistent in short game, but don't "explode" when hitting harder. The light tackiness helps with the opening topspin against backspin. And I got more consistent with the followup, if the first topspin gets blocked.

I even now switched from my Stiga Dynasty Carbon to a slower HL5 to reduce the speed :) even more. So for me they are dynamic enough. With HL5 the backhand I felt that I could use a bit more speed, so I currently try out Dynaryz ZGX.

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews

Hmm thanks for the weight measurements. I will try and talk to the German team about it more. Initially I had the same reaction as you but what i wrote above was how it was explained to me.

Will see what I can dig up

Reactions: vossi39
This user has no status.
last week I bought a sheet of rhyzen zgx in the shop around and played 2 matches today.
wow, I never had such a hard and heavy rubber!
cut to a cybershape plus 1mm on the edges it weights 62,3g!

I had to glue short pimps on the backhand to keep the total weight at 200g- normally I play around 185-190g bats.

I'll give it a few more tries as the results were promising. compared to the hybrid mk I have to go more forward and close the angle a little more as the ball follows the direction of the bat very good.
serves are easy too (I guess I didnt make any fault with that sheet, which is rare for me).

if joola could just bring a hybrid model with 48-50° and 10g lighter for the price of this zgx you've got me!