Now testing: Battle Max, Rxton 3 Pink, Dynaryz ZGX, and Rhyzen ZGX

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I just glued on a bunch of new rubbers to test. I got these in November, but I just had them lying around the house for a while as I was busy going through some other rubbers. I will give you my findings next week. Just from initial inspection, I can already make some observations.

The Battle Max is fairly tacky, but slightly less tacky than Battle 2 BS. However, the biggest surprise is that it is much deader and far less bouncy than Battle 2 BS. This really surprised me. BM is advertised as a easier to use rubber, so I would have expected it to have good bounce and good arc. I'm pretty disappointed to find that it is actually quite dead bounce. Hopefully it has a strong reaction to booster.

Rxton 3 Pink seems pretty impressive. It is somewhat tacky, like the new versions of H3. It has a fairly lively bounce, which is nice to see. It seems like it will be quite similar to Arthur China, which is a good thing.

Rhyzen ZGX surprised me somewhat. Unboosted, it is a lot bouncier than it's big brother, the Rhyzen ZGR. So it seems like it will be a very nice hybrid. The bounce is similar to Dragon Grip. Hopefully it boosts up well, that would be a major plus. The Rhyzen ZGR has a fantastic reaction to booster, so I have high hopes. I believe it's supposed to be a 53d hardness? Or at least it's supposed to be softer than Rhyzen ZGR? I find that the rubber is still very very hard. It seems harder than the Dynaryz ZGX and pretty much on par with the Rhyzen ZGR.

Dynaryz ZGX also is somewhat similar to Dragon Grip. However it has a softer and more catapulty feeling. If you plan on hitting hard though, I don't think the ZGX is actually faster though. Feels softer than Rhyzen ZGX.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
We had this discussion on Rhyzen ZGR vs. ZGX in another thread....See the official catalogue from Joola. They are both at 56°. Only Dynaryz ZGX is softer with 53°.
oh ok you are right. So what is the difference between the Rhyzen ZGX and ZGR? They basically look identical to me. Same sponge, same hardness. But for some reason, the ZGX seems to be a lot more bouncy.

says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
For me personally, there is no difference. Rhyzen ZGR is discontinued and my in personal opinion Joola has not done anything different, than changing the name to ZGX. But Matt has stated that he received different information from Joola Germany (which are closer to the ESN Fab) and claims that it is a different receipe for ZGX.

I could not find any difference and also didn't find ZGX being bouncier. But this is totally subjective after a couple of hours play with both (ZGX and ZGR) on the same blade.

I also had Tronix ZGR and Rhyzen ZGX on the same blade and also could not tell any difference. Maybe they are too subtle and I'm not sensitive enough to find them :cool:

The Dynaryz ZGX is different, it really plays a bit softer and has a bit more dynamik/catapult) especially when you hit harder. It also a bit lower throw.

Maybe I will try the Dynaryz ZGR next, as I scratched my Tronix ZGR on the forehand and need to replace it, before the next match play.

Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
I also own a cybershape and the Gewo Codexx EF Pro 54 (is not same, but similar to Rhyzen ZGR) weigths 49g cut to a cybershape. So it is not the shape. The distribution of the rubber is different (more towards the top, so will become head heavier), but overall weigth should be similar. The 62g seems be to out of the norm.

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
With dynaryz ZGX, the pimples are much higher than ZGR and there is quite a difference between the two. I do not know if this the case with the Rhyzen series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I tested the rubbers today.

I tested both of the ZGX. Both are good, esn, hybrids. They have some good speed, good tack, and they work well on both fh and bh. Both fairly similar to each other I think in function, but rhyzen feels denser. However, once you boost them, I have a feeling the rhyzen will be the better rubber. The sponge looks like it will react better.

Rxton Pink is really quite nice. It has very nice rebound for an unboosted rubber. The rebound is similar to arthur china. But the arc is lower than LAC. It seems to shoot a bit straighter. I prefer LaC for that reason, but if you can get it cheap, rxton pink is a good option for either fh or bh even. When you hit it hard and clean, it has a really nice crack to it.

Im not sure about Battle Max yet. Its not as dead as I thought it might be. But it also doesnt have a notable kick to it. I think it needs boosting, so I will try that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
IMG_20240210_213649.jpg

Decided to go ahead and boost a few of these rubbers, hoping for a big improvement

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
After a bit more testing,

I find that Rxton Pink is really the standout rubber. It is grippy, hard, fast, and has that extra kick that you want. It is exceptional as a forehand attacking rubber. Mine is listed as 39d, but feels like 41d. I'm not sure if the softer batch will be as good, or if I just got lucky.

Rhyzen ZGX and Dynaryz ZGX both had a muted reaction to booster, but they are still both quite good. The hardness is a nice place, where they work well on FH or BH. I'm using both on the BH right now though. I feel they give you everything you want for bh rubber, they are both very grippy with some tacky, good speed and some catapult. I feel I'm hitting my bh blocks, loops, drives well with these 2 rubbers.

Boosted Battle Max is decent, but doesn't really stand out in any way. With booster, the speed is decent, but not as impressive as Rxton pink. The grip is decent, but doesn't seem amazing. It seems like it has less kick than Battle 2, but it has a more normal throw angle. It's almost like the "glayzer" of Chinese tacky rubbers. I think Target Pro blue and Haifu Whale are comparable to it.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
After a bit more testing,

I find that Rxton Pink is really the standout rubber. It is grippy, hard, fast, and has that extra kick that you want. It is exceptional as a forehand attacking rubber. Mine is listed as 39d, but feels like 41d. I'm not sure if the softer batch will be as good, or if I just got lucky.

Rhyzen ZGX and Dynaryz ZGX both had a muted reaction to booster, but they are still both quite good. The hardness is a nice place, where they work well on FH or BH. I'm using both on the BH right now though. I feel they give you everything you want for bh rubber, they are both very grippy with some tacky, good speed and some catapult. I feel I'm hitting my bh blocks, loops, drives well with these 2 rubbers.

Boosted Battle Max is decent, but doesn't really stand out in any way. With booster, the speed is decent, but not as impressive as Rxton pink. The grip is decent, but doesn't seem amazing. It seems like it has less kick than Battle 2, but it has a more normal throw angle. It's almost like the "glayzer" of Chinese tacky rubbers. I think Target Pro blue and Haifu Whale are comparable

I find that Rxton Pink is really the standout rubber.
so you are talking about the normal Rxton 3 pink or is there now a pink pro version ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Question to all Rxton Pink/Blue users out there: How hard is your rubber? What is it printed as and how hard does it actually feel?

Mine is printed H39, but feels H41
My Rxton 3 pink and a couple of Blue i tested feel around H40/39 quite firm & clear but with good bounce. After tackiness settles a bit they have great grip, touch & fast if needed. Value/performance is great, If you can Boost it with a couple of layers of seamoon & test it on the BH;) :cool:

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
My Rxton 3 pink and a couple of Blue i tested feel around H40/39 quite firm & clear but with good bounce. After tackiness settles a bit they have great grip, touch & fast if needed. Value/performance is great, If you can Boost it with a couple of layers of seamoon & test it on the BH;) :cool:
Have you tried boosting Rxton pink/blue or LAC?

Some people mentioned bubbling problems with Rxton Pink and LAC after boosting. So I'm scared to boost these 2 rubbers.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Have you tried boosting Rxton pink/blue or LAC?

Some people mentioned bubbling problems with Rxton Pink and LAC after boosting. So I'm scared to boost these 2 rubbers.
I have no bubbling problem with my pinky but the bad news is that the white sponge does not really react much to the boost