Now testing: Battle Max, Rxton 3 Pink, Dynaryz ZGX, and Rhyzen ZGX

This user has no status.
I just looked on my rxton pink, there seems to be a large bubble already! I only used it a few games. Maybe 1 or 2 hours at most.

I didnt even boost it
The blue and pink sheets I tried also had questionable quality, edges letting lose etc. Not suprised something like a bubble would be forming.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Have you tried boosting Rxton pink/blue or LAC?

Some people mentioned bubbling problems with Rxton Pink and LAC after boosting. So I'm scared to boost these 2 rubbers.
I've put 2 layers of haifu commercial on my rxton 3 pink and had no problem so far. It was a BIG improvement, from being unusable to decent, though I would prefer softer; for it's price, I'll keep as my bh rubber for now.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I'll keep as my bh rubber for now.
of course there are no rules re color of FH and/or BH rubbers when we are talking about red-black only but since the introduction of the colors the rule says that 1 rubber must be black so the pink must really be made as a BH rubber. Especially knowing that Loki make quite a few rubbers only in black, as dedicated FH rubbers . Lots of players insist on soft BH rubbers so the pinky would be a no- go.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I just looked on my rxton pink, there seems to be a large bubble already! I only used it a few games. Maybe 1 or 2 hours at most.

I didnt even boost it

Damn that sucks. First time I'm hearing of any bubbling with Rxton 3. At least my Blue looks in great shape after 20 hours of usage.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Damn that sucks. First time I'm hearing of any bubbling with Rxton 3. At least my Blue looks in great shape after 20 hours of usage.
I just took my Rxton pink excess cutout and tried to rip the topsheet from the sponge. It comes apart incredibly easily. I guess my sheet was doomed to bubble from the beginning

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
New Rxton Pink arrived to replace my bubbled sheet. Hope this one works well.

IMG_20240226_145411.jpg

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
@mattlamperouge @mocker88

Can you ask your Loki agent their policy on rubber hardness? I find that Loki's hardness is really random. I don't know how to interpret their hardness ratings.

I have received 2 Rxton 5 that are listed as H41, but feel and measure closer to H38

And I received 2 Rxton Pink that are listed as H39, but feel and measure H41.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Can you ask your Loki agent their policy on rubber hardness? I find that Loki's hardness is really random. I don't know how to interpret their hardness ratings.

I have received 2 Rxton 5 that are listed as H41, but feel and measure closer to H38

maybe this is as good as it will ever get and we have to learn to live with the "total randomness" of hardness.

I wonder if the very expensive rubbers are more accurate in their advertised hardness. Has anybody tested this with , shall we say some Dignics and some H3 nationals ????

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023

I could ask but i dont think i Will get a good answer for this technical question based on my experience 😬😬 Rxton 3 pink should be around H40 in my experience Blue AND pink felt the same & not too much differences, ofc they were on different blades so that have More impact on the felling. (6 samples so far)

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I could ask but i dont think i Will get a good answer for this technical question based on my experience 😬😬 Rxton 3 pink should be around H40 in my experience Blue AND pink felt the same & not too much differences, ofc they were on different blades so that have More impact on the felling. (6 samples so far)
Isn't it a risk as a seller that Loki gets their rubbers wrong so often?

If you sell a rubber to a customer and it immediately bubbles, does the customer ask you for a refund? How do you handle such situation?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Isn't it a risk as a seller that Loki gets their rubbers wrong so often?

If you sell a rubber to a customer and it immediately bubbles, does the customer ask you for a refund? How do you handle such situation?
I Guess its a Risk for all brands, but for a "young" brand maybe we pay More attention since trust isnt stablished yet. On my end so far i didnt have any issues... If something like that happen i would refund the customer...
Opinions vary from player to player What would you do if a Tenergy 05 bubbles in just 1.5 months? Even if its high level & intensity training I saw it i told the player he should ask for a refund, but they think its normal since he hits really hard & train full Time...🤷🤣

• Haha
Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
A couple more observations.

I took the residual rubber from the 2nd Rxton Pink and tried tearing the pips off the sponge. It seems like it comes apart very easily, similar to the 1st bubbled sheet. So I'm worried that this rubber will also bubble at some point.

Also, after a fair bit of play testing, I really find that the Rhyzen ZGX plays better than the Dynaryz ZGX. The speed, tackiness, grip are all similar. But I find the Rhyzen has a more stable/reliable sponge and feeling. The Dynaryz at times feels wilder to me, the Rhyzen feels more consistent and predictable. It does what I expect every time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I grabbed another random rubber residual, Moon 12 Blue, and tried tearing the pip from the sponge. This was significantly more difficult to separate. On my first attempt, the topsheet itself tore off before the pip separated from the sponge.

I also tried this with Rxton 3 Pro, and it was also significantly more difficult to tear the pips from the sponge.

I wonder how so many others have been able to get away with boosting the Rxton Pink without bubbling.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
When I measured them with my durometer, they came out as the exact same hardness (51-52d Shore O).

I'm willing to bet that the only difference between them is the color process to make them either pink or blue.

They are a bit too hard for me on the backhand, but I'll try boosting one to see just how much the sponge softens up. I'll post the durometer readings here after.

I've just boosted the Loki Rxton 3 Blue. Before doing it I measured the topsheet/sponge and it came out to around 52/52 degrees.

After one layer of Seamoon, and about 4 hours later, the sponge now measures 48 to 49d, while the topsheet remains unchanged at 52d.

So the boosting softened up the sponge considerably. Maybe enough for me to use OK on the BH. Will measure again right before gluing it tomorrow.

Edit: 9 hours or so after boosting and the sponge is back to 50d and the slight curl is completely gone. Think I'll go for another layer of Seamoon.

Last edited: