carbon blade with spin ability

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Hey, I have been trying different blades form Tibhar recently. I just settled on the DJ7 carbon. Maybe you can give it a try. I like it very much!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
What level do you play at? Any video we can see?

I’ve played with the Harimoto ALC, and didn’t think it had a lower spin capability than others.

To be honest, this whole “X blade doesn’t have spin”, is crazy talk.

The faster you hit the ball, the less spin you’ll have - Simple physics.

If you can’t get decent spin from the Harimoto ALC, the blade isn’t the issue.

Spin potential between Harimoto ALC and Viscaria is incredibly similar - You’ll only get more spin if you keep with the all wood blades.
Could you please explain further this theory of the faster you hit the less spin you can generate. Am pretty new to the game and learning hard to brush the ball all the time to improve my spins but read somewhere the harder the impact and wrist twist, the more spin is generated.

kindly help throw more light on this for am very much interested. Thanks.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Could you please explain further this theory of the faster you hit the less spin you can generate. Am pretty new to the game and learning hard to brush the ball all the time to improve my spins but read somewhere the harder the impact and wrist twist, the more spin is generated.

kindly help throw more light on this for am very much interested. Thanks.
If you make direct contact, your contact directly impacts projecting the ball out (speed) like when a baseball bat hits a ball dead center (no spin, all speed) or a smash in TT with very little spin. If you make very thin brush contact and most of your racket speed goes into the act of spinning the ball, the ball will have a lot of spin but not a lot of speed. Most people make contact somewhere in between absolute direct contact (maximum speed) and absolute spin (very very thin brush contact).

Good technique can make it so you can hit the ball pretty fast and pretty spinny at the same time. But, you will always be able to make the ball go faster by making more direct impact. And you will always be able to make a shot that is more spinny by adding the force tangentially (thinner brush contact) and transfering more of your racket speed into spin rather than transferring the racket speed into ball speed.

On a very spinny shot, if you watch slow motion, from the side view, when the ball leaves the racket, the racket will have PULLED PAST the ball and therefore be ahead of the ball as the stroke followthrough continues. On a very fast shot, the ball will rebound off the rubber and be ahead of the racket almost as soon as it leaves the racket. This is also one of the ways you would read spin whether on serves or loops. If the racket seems to pull past the ball while the ball is on the blade face, your opponent has made a shot with a lot of spin. If the ball jumps and seems to leave the rubber and project out fast, the ball will likely have less spin.

Reactions: Solo