Carbon blades

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
What are carbon blades and what is so special with them? I want to buy HRT Crystal Carbon
Does anyone already played with this blade??

I bought an early Stiga carbon blade in 1980 - yes you read that right. I've still got it and still use it sometimes, too. As Mahomedy13 says it is faster than an all-wood bat, it also seems to make the "sweet spot" in the centre of the bat bigger, and to absorb vibration. If I hit the ball in the centre of the bat I can't feel the impact unless the ball has been hit very hard at me - not everyone will like this of course. If you catch the ball correctly with a carbon bat, something I rarely manage at my age, it goes like you-know-what off a shovel. :cool:

Reactions: akonebrahim
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Do you know what is the difference between blue and black carbon blades?? Is it just a color or what?

What do you mean by balde colour-the whole blade being black/blue or the carbon part being black/blue?

If its the whole blade-its the varnish.Dont really think theres a difference between colours.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
I doubt that.If thats the case,there will be no ball feel whatsoever,and there will be no control.

Free-Shipping-HRT-Black-Crystal-5-Wooden-2-Crystal-Carbon-OFF-Table-Tennis-Blade-for-Ping.jpg I think the top part is carbon