Champion China table tennis player slammed for losing crucial Singapore game after ‘joyfully singing’ at Taylor Swift gig

says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
Give him a break!

https://www.scmp.com/news/people-cu...crucial-singapore-game-after-joyfully-singing

96d0b768-43bc-47be-8830-768ad6dcd7c3_75229c0c.jpg

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The seriousness of WTTC is not something the Grand Smash can match.

There is no way players can consistently peak in both events taking place a week apart.

Players also complained about the muggy weather and Yinhe's seamless ball, the latter especially by Gauzy.

https://joola.com/taking-on-one-of-the-worlds-best-at-wtt-singapore-smash/
The training was very intense, at times I felt like they were training even harder than the Chinese. It was very humid and I came quite close to passing out after the first session. There were definitely some major environmental adjustments to be made.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
It's just demanding fans who are haters that are piling on him. It's even more jarring for them to see WCQ become world number 1 in such a dominant fashion. I don't think anyone in the team is doing it. There'll always be rabid fans trying to blame or lambast the players for the silliest of reasons. I'm not sure why this deserves a new post honestly.

Reactions: Kopp and blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I have always been a huge fan of Xu Xin because of his play style. But FZD is currently my favorite active Chinese player, especially because of behaviors like this. Imo, it makes him more interesting and likeable as a person. He seems to be friends with Timo Boll hanging out with Timo on many occasions (for example enjoying a "curry wurst" at a Bayern - Dortmund match) and with LJY at this concert.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
For me, I would like to see more of these kinds of "human" behaviors from CNT players. The whole CNT teams have been trained like an army for many years. And seriously, it is almost sick to connect everything with national prides.
It is this national pride thingy that really gets on my wick. Lets face it, it is not exclusively a chinese thing by any means , they all do it.
I once nearly got myself lynched when asking what the difference was between a Nazi salute and hand on heart gesture when staring a the flag and singing the national anthem.

Reactions: Lazer and NextLevel
Jan 2018
For me, I would like to see more of these kinds of "human" behaviors from CNT players. The whole CNT teams have been trained like an army for many years. And seriously, it is almost sick to connect everything with national prides.
Well, it has nothing to do with national pride but fandom that LGL warned ahead of WTTC 2024. Like FZD elaborated, he shared the clip with his clique and it was leaked. It got out of hand from there, even more so after losing to LSD (could be team order).

Compared to the era of Cai Zhenhua, the CNT under LGL has actually become much more player-oriented. But over the years, the average level of self-cultivation among the players has slowly but surely decreased (FB and WCQ the two prominent examples), as pointed out by Xu Shaofa in his letter (he didn't name anybody specifically) to the CNT after WTTC 2024.

Within one generation, the entire population of China is speeding through a grand transformation that took the West two centuries. Think about it.

Reactions: latej