China Smash 2026, Beijing, 10/1-11

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
says Nohavica
says Nohavica
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Nov 2020
1,714
1,600
7,569
So players would be allowed to ignore all service rules when they are called wrong twice?

Yes, that would not be OK.

But there is an asymetry/imbalance that I dislike. I'd prefer, in these high stakes tournaments, the checks are done automatically, and if wrong, simply called and point given to the opponent. Rather than interrupting the flow by the judge who makes mistakes, and asking and waiting for the outcome... At least I would increase the number of remaining challenges by 1 when called incorrectly.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Sep 2022
2,144
2,182
8,801
Yes, that would not be OK.

But there is an asymetry/imbalance that I dislike. I'd prefer, in these high stakes tournaments, the checks are done automatically, and if wrong, simply called and point given to the opponent. Rather than interrupting the flow by the judge who makes mistakes, and asking and waiting for the outcome... At least I would increase the number of remaining challenges by 1 when called incorrectly.
Definitely.
Imagine if he had no TTR calls left and a judge gets it wrong by that much!?
This system is absolutely stupid imo.
As you said, check them all or check none. Call them all.ot call none.
But done call a 25° serve and pretend everything is hunky dory when you get it wrong and you've totally screwed the momentum in the match. Total farce
 
  • Love
Reactions: latej
Top