China Trials for WTTTC 2014

This user has no status.
Sorry to disagree Alborz but MA Long was not at his best he made a number of errors including placement of serve return (flicked long to ZJ forehand and was easily countered on multiple occasions) failed to commit to his forehand when away from the table (even though this is his strongest shot) Missed a number of forehands over the table which is unusual for him.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Sorry to disagree Alborz but MA Long was not at his best he made a number of errors including placement of serve return (flicked long to ZJ forehand and was easily countered on multiple occasions) failed to commit to his forehand when away from the table (even though this is his strongest shot) Missed a number of forehands over the table which is unusual for him.
I didn't see the full match. I saw the highlights. So you are probably right about it. But he played amazing counter loops in the highlights video.
I think his unforced arrows were because of the pressure of the match.

This user has no status.
I didn't see the full match. I saw the highlights. So you are probably right about it. But he played amazing counter loops in the highlights video.
I think his unforced arrows were because of the pressure of the match.

I agree I think that may have played a part, but ZJ seems to have this ability to peak at the right times which as a ML fan I find really annoying.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Guys I saw the full match from Janus channel. They both played excellent, try to watch all of the game it was really a seminar for table tennis tactics. ZJK and ML both played great and they both made stupid mistakes, they are humans not robots. In the end ZJK won the crucial points and eventually the match.

In all 4 sets both ML and ZJK didnt manage to establish a convincing lead so for me they both played great but ZJK was more solid in crucial points. This game shows that ZJK is slightly better than ML.

I would really love to check out the reactions of ZJK haters who claim that ZJK is great because he didnt have to face ML in the final. It is the second time that ZJK beats ma long in the chinese trials (1st was back in 2010, when zjk claimed the 2nd ticket for the WTTTC team)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
My two cents about the bout between ML and ZJK is that ML is always want to play backhand to backhand rally with ZJK...and for that, he always loses a couple of points which cost ML this match ultimately...we know these two players too well right?...one with forehand-oriented player in ML and one with backhand-oriented in ZJK...it is as simple as that, someone play somebody else game normally will spell disaster...ML not pivot as much as he did before prior WTTC 2013 as far as I concerned...that's worrying for me if u ask me..

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
My two cents about the bout between ML and ZJK is that ML is always want to play backhand to backhand rally with ZJK...and for that, he always loses a couple of points which cost ML this match ultimately...we know these two players too well right?...one with forehand-oriented player in ML and one with backhand-oriented in ZJK...it is as simple as that, someone play somebody else game normally will spell disaster...ML not pivot as much as he did before prior WTTC 2013 as far as I concerned...that's worrying for me if u ask me..
Zhang Jike is not a backhand-oriented player. He is a forehand-oriented player with a good backhand. If Ma Long didn't play his backhand shots into zhang Jike's backhand, Zhang Jike had played more with his forehand (his stronger side) and had won with better results.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
Zhang Jike is not a backhand-oriented player. He is a forehand-oriented player with a good backhand. If Ma Long didn't play his backhand shots into zhang Jike's backhand, Zhang Jike had played more with his forehand (his stronger side) and had won with better results.

I don't know dude...maybe I just over-stating the forehand-oriented and backhand-oriented but it is clear to me that ML is likely to go for forehand shots (at least not actually what he did post wttc 2013 IMHO) and ZJK tends to go for backhand shots more (at least more than ML and kind of the same style as FZD who have tendency to go for bachand more)...by the way, my point is ML not playing like he used to play and I convince with my point due countless of hours watching him play throughtout his career so far...just my HUMBLE OPINIONS :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Full Results of 28th's Games

Date
TimeTable 1
Table 2Table 3Table 4Table 5Table 6Table 7
28th12:30Wu Yang 3-0 Zhang QiangMu zi 1-3 Liu ShiwenDing Ning 3-1 Zhou XintongHu Limei 3-1 Wen Jia
13:15Zhu Yuling 3-0 Chen MengLiu Xi 3-2 Liu GaoyangFeng Yalan 0-3 Li Xiaoxia
14:00Ma Long 3-1 Xu XinZhang Jike 3-0 Cheng JingqiWang Hao 3-1 Kong Lingxuan
14:45Fan Zhendong 3-1 Liang JingkunYan An 3-0 Lin GaoyuangHao Shuai 3-0 Zhou Yu
15:30Wu Yang 3-0 Liu GaoyangChen Meng 2-3 Li XiaoxiaWen Jia 3-0 Feng YalanZhou Xintong 1-3 Liu Xi
16:15Liu Shiwen 3-1 Zhu YulingZhang Qiang 3-1 Hu LimeiMu Zi 3-1 Ding Ning
17:00Ma Long 1-3 Zhang JikeWang Hao 0-3 Xu XinFan Zhendong 3-0 Cheng JingqiYan An 3-0 Kong LingxuanHao Shuai 0-3 Liang JingkunZhou Yu 1-3 Lin Gaoyuan

Note: Ding Ning and Wu Yang played the make-up game on 28th for the one they missed on 25th. Ding Ning 3-0 Wu Yang

Reactions: janus
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Final Standing of First Stage of CNT's 2014 "Road to Tokyo" WTTTC Trials
(January 25-28, 2014)

Name
WinLossPointRank
MENZhang Jike
Ma Long92202
Xu Xin83193
Fan Zhendong83194
Yan An
Liang Jingkun
Hao Shuai65177
Wang Hao56168
Cheng Jingqi29139
Lin Gaoyuan291310
Zhou Yu1101211
Kong Linxuan1101212

WOMENLi Xiaoxia112241
Zhu Yuling112242
Feng Yalan94223
Liu Shiwen
Mu Zi
Chen Meng85216
Ding Ning
Wen Jia
Wu Yang58189
Liu Gaoyang491710
Zhang Qiang491711
Liu Xi3101612
Zhou Xintong2111513
Hu Limei

Note: final standing after tie-breaker.

Men's No.1 finisher Zhang Jike and women's No.1 finisher Li Xiaoxia (who won over Zhu Yuling with a tie-breaker) earned the first ticket to Tokyo 2014 WTTTC.

Last edited: