Chinese Trials for World Championships 2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Where can you watch it? I understand Chinese and can access most of the chinese websites (though CCTV5 is tricky to get for me)

It is on Official ITTF youtube channel so it is easy for everyone.

They just finished all afternoon games and next up will be 19:25 China time with ZJK vs Zhou Yu.

Last edited:
Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
My impressions:

-Ma Long is playing really well (I even thought he played pretty well in his 1 loss (based on highlights), energy and shot quality were there but too many errors)
-Fan Zhendong is playing well
-Xu Xin's level of play is a step below those 2, so I would expect that he won't remain undefeated (but he's welcome to prove me wrong!)
-Fang Bo: needs to catch a break sometime soon.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
I am sure there is no better way to structure that data... ;)

With Fang Bo losing so much this suddenly gets way more interesting, I didn't believe any newcomer had a real chance to get a spot as the chinese usually take no risks when choosing the players but now it might be possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Is everybody playing each other? So 11 games? And then the 5 best will compete in WTTC?

Not that simple really. They have to play each other once so total adds up to 66 matches for 12 players. :rolleyes: That is Phase One and the highest ranking player will get the first ticket to WTTC on the 7th of March.

Then they will start Phase Two on 9th of March with a day of rest. They might choose to alter the rules according to Phase One but the following is how it is planned.

The remaining 11 players after Phase One + Shang Kun who was picked from Stage Two earlier will compete for the second ticket. The 12 players will be divided into 3 groups of 4. Winner of each group will proceed to Phase Three, the final day of competition on 10th of March.

In Phase Three, they will play in rounds and who beat the other two will win the second ticket. If no clear winner is determined in the first round then they will have to start another round at point 10:10. That means whoever win 2 points will win a game. They will keep playing in rounds like that until one clear winner is generated. No wonder LGL called it "Blood battle till the End".

The remaining 3 of the 5 positions will be picked by LGL and his group so to make sure the top players who was either held back by injury or bad luck in the Trials can still be able to play.