CNT Announced Lineup for 2014 Asian Games

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
OG qualifying system is based on qualifying tournaments and after that WR which i think two Chinese players will qualify by tournament and WR is not important for them. qualifying tournaments are one year away form now.

FZD will be 18 there. ZJK and ML are far more experienced than FZD which i think is the most important factor for OG. We all saw how FZD were losing to WR100 in WTTTC and he survived 3:2. After that match LGL didn't let him to play there any more. So do you really think LGL will send FZD instead of ZJK or ML? I don't think so.

Here we go again. You reply as in you have all the facts and you trying to correct me.....
Let me first declare -i'm pretty clued up with 2012 qualification. Not sure about 2016 yet

Based on 2012.
WR direct qualification came first, than follow by continental qualification.

So not sure where you see that WR is not important for them.
You forgot about the few years debate on - what if Ma Long was ranked higher in the WR.....lol

FZD is a early bird. Achieve more than what ZJK and Ma Long did before 18 years old.
FZD is 17 now, he will be 19 by Rio comes.
On the other side, old Ma Long and ZJK may have the same % chance of missing out as FZD playing. I think by then, LGL will choose between form and/or experience. Ma Long does has more advantage of ZJK, but who knows how quick they fall off the radar

2012 (in Jul/Aug) had a direct WR qualification of May 2011 world ranking.
If this time round, it is still the same, then its May 2015 world ranking - 8 months away and bonus points now will make a huge difference

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
It may happen a lot of things during the 2 years until the OG. But I guess that the WTTC 2015 will be determining for the OG line-up.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Yeah, that is another problem on its own.
Who is going to sit out of the 3 + 1 + 1 (5 singles)

Ma Long, ZJK, XX, FZD, ?

Surely, this new rule will not help LGL. These four players should play there but after... ?
However, it seems to me that, only for this year (because it's in China), CNT will be allowed to have 6 players.
After that, with only 5 players... Good luck to the coach
smiley-laughing002.gif

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Surely, this new rule will not help LGL. These four players should play there but after... ?
However, it seems to me that, only for this year (because it's in China), CNT will be allowed to have 6 players.
After that, with only 5 players... Good luck to the coach
smiley-laughing002.gif

You sure host has extra slot? That is like a miracle lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Guys, I have a question. How will 2 Chinese players be chosen for men's singles Olympic games? What does it depend on?

If it will be the same as 2012, then
Top 28 WR players (Max 2 per country) will have direct qualification to the OG
So in others words, the 2 highest Chinese rank player - on the day that specific world ranking list is taken into account, will have direct qualification.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
What singles are you refering to?the asian games or OG?because somehow this thread has shifted to OG.

Well, you are more than welcome to continue the discussion about lineupe for AG
Not sure what else you can talk about there to be honest lol

And it didn't shift to OG

AG line up is all part of the master plan, leading into WTTC and then OG - aka the Olympic cycle

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I double-check and yes China can send 6 players for this time. Here is the ITTF article :
http://www.ittf.com/media/press_release/PR_03may14/index.html

It's a fluke for this time but not for 2017.
However, in this article, only WTTC 2015 and 2017 are mentionned. I wonder what will happen after ?

Ah cool thank you!

So it will be ZJK, ML, XX, FZD and remaining 2 spots
Top 3 is
Yan An, Zhou Yu, will Fang Bo miss out? Or will they give it to a junior....

2019 - let me guess, it will be 2 + 0 + 1? lol

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
OG qualifying system is based on qualifying tournaments and after that WR which i think two Chinese players will qualify by tournament and WR is not important for them. qualifying tournaments are one year away form now.

FZD will be 18 there. ZJK and ML are far more experienced than FZD which i think is the most important factor for OG. We all saw how FZD were losing to WR100 in WTTTC and he survived 3:2. After that match LGL didn't let him to play there any more. So do you really think LGL will send FZD instead of ZJK or ML? I don't think so.

I am actually willing to bet that out of the main lineup of CNT Xu Xin has best chance to go to Rio. The reason is because for as long as I can remember (which is not that long actually since I am only 28) there has always at least been one penholder representing China at the Olympic Games, and right now there is no comparable penholder to Xu Xin (I am pretty sure Wang Hao is not going to Rio!).

Sentimentally I hope Ma Long gets at least one chance at Rio but I agree ZJK, ML and FZD are all pretty much equally poised at the moment. I think WTTC in 2015 will certainly play a big role in the selection still (for Xu Xin as well). Lets see!

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Here we go again. You reply as in you have all the facts and you trying to correct me.....
Let me first declare -i'm pretty clued up with 2012 qualification. Not sure about 2016 yet

Based on 2012.
WR direct qualification came first, than follow by continental qualification.

So not sure where you see that WR is not important for them.
You forgot about the few years debate on - what if Ma Long was ranked higher in the WR.....lol

FZD is a early bird. Achieve more than what ZJK and Ma Long did before 18 years old.
FZD is 17 now, he will be 19 by Rio comes.
On the other side, old Ma Long and ZJK may have the same % chance of missing out as FZD playing. I think by then, LGL will choose between form and/or experience. Ma Long does has more advantage of ZJK, but who knows how quick they fall off the radar

2012 (in Jul/Aug) had a direct WR qualification of May 2011 world ranking.
If this time round, it is still the same, then its May 2015 world ranking - 8 months away and bonus points now will make a huge difference
I see you are not sure about 2016 Rio's qualifying system. Here you are: http://www.teamusa.org/~/media/USA_...-QualificationSystem-FINAL-TableTennis-EN.pdf

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I see you are not sure about 2016 Rio's qualifying system. Here you are: http://www.teamusa.org/~/media/USA_...-QualificationSystem-FINAL-TableTennis-EN.pdf

Yes, I haven't seen this yet, thanks for sharing.

This just means it will be more difficult to make qualificaiton for those smaller countries - so sad.....

Before, the top countries will get direct qualifcation, leaving room for smaller country to fight out the qualification - with almost none of the bigger countries taking part.

Now the qualifcation will be full of all stars (who can still qualify even they fail the qualification).
That means these smaller country players will have no chance to qualify under the qualifers as well as world ranking qualifers (unless they are ranked very high)