Chinese National Team Warm Up Matches for Asian Championship

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yeah im not rating your uploads, but in general. I already watched most of them from 247 but still, that is one of the reason ppl cant watch that shit. The quality is outdated af.
And even for people not new to the game it is rough to see details and the quality of the gameplay. That is simply sad and hurts the sport.

To the topic of performance of the vips: i dont think the team of the top 3 of the world are pulling out everything they have. These games are just a prestige thing imo and a possibility for the lower squads to show thrmselves.
I mean what consequence do these games might have? In what dimension would they drop the top 3 of the world because they lost to the team B?
yeah, it does hurt the eye.
some WTT being at 1080P is also blurry too.
Maybe another 5 years.... lol
Thank you for watching. Maybe rest your eyes on some plants in between matches lol

Well, these top 3 of the world, should be able to win even non prestige matches.
Not to mention that these matches are for "them" to warm up for the 2 tournaments ahead.
So... If they are not peaking... what purpose is there to have a "warm up" event for them?

I mean. 20 players, so many days, hundreds of people making it happen, and you don't play your best?
Of course the lower squad is taking every opportunity to shine.

I do miss the Ma Wang Wang era, because they are just so dominant and untouchable. But then again, this era has a weaker depth. I would never imagine T1 would loose 2-3 though. They almost lost 0-3.

Sun Yingsha is also a concern, especially since the super league loosing streak.

This user has no status.
yeah, it does hurt the eye.
some WTT being at 1080P is also blurry too.
Maybe another 5 years.... lol
Thank you for watching. Maybe rest your eyes on some plants in between matches lol

Well, these top 3 of the world, should be able to win even non prestige matches.
Not to mention that these matches are for "them" to warm up for the 2 tournaments ahead.
So... If they are not peaking... what purpose is there to have a "warm up" event for them?

I mean. 20 players, so many days, hundreds of people making it happen, and you don't play your best?
Of course the lower squad is taking every opportunity to shine.

I do miss the Ma Wang Wang era, because they are just so dominant and untouchable. But then again, this era has a weaker depth. I would never imagine T1 would loose 2-3 though. They almost lost 0-3.

Sun Yingsha is also a concern, especially since the super league loosing streak.
They should, but there is no need.
Especially for warm up you would never go full out. Look at FZD for example all taped up. Thats beyond dumb giving your all and risking your health.

I would meet your concerns the moment the mentioned players start losing on an international stage. Before that i rest my eyes, happy the players are well and sound destroying everyone. Your example fails you because he had to destroy everyone every now and then. All of those top 3 have to go all out almost every month now. There is a huge difference in expectation and work between players now and then.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
They should, but there is no need.
Especially for warm up you would never go full out. Look at FZD for example all taped up. Thats beyond dumb giving your all and risking your health.

I would meet your concerns the moment the mentioned players start losing on an international stage. Before that i rest my eyes, happy the players are well and sound destroying everyone. Your example fails you because he had to destroy everyone every now and then. All of those top 3 have to go all out almost every month now. There is a huge difference in expectation and work between players now and then.
"Go out every month."

You are right, since WTT ended its "more than 1 year" rating points validity.
so now, everyone needs to play every month or every second month, in order to keep up with expiring points
(this includes the team 2 and team 3 and team 4 going out).

Its a bit crazy (international scheduling) I must say.
I know quite a few that are doing these "international scheduling", and it is really tiring.

End of the day, this is a CTTA hosted event, not CNT.
LGL would be pissed if players are not taking it seriously

Ma Long is approaching the end. He could be retiring soon.
My sources told me he was going to do it last year, but 2023, he had 16 million CNY worth of advertising contract, so that alone was a good reason to continue playing for another year (and he was still winning).
Chances of him in the Paris setup is getting slimmer and that could just be and exit for him

Last edited:
IE making it a short form (so from 30 mins to a 6~8 mins "highlight")
But I will not be able to edit 10 to 20 videos a day (since there is 2 tables streaming).
Do you know that tool (AI), that cuts those match videos automatically? ERT wrote an articel about it. At that time, it was for free. ... Found it
BetterPlay

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Yeah im not rating your uploads, but in general. I already watched most of them from 247 but still, that is one of the reason ppl cant watch that shit. The quality is outdated af.
And even for people not new to the game it is rough to see details and the quality of the gameplay. That is simply sad and hurts the sport.

To the topic of performance of the vips: i dont think the team of the top 3 of the world are pulling out everything they have. These games are just a prestige thing imo and a possibility for the lower squads to show thrmselves.
I mean what consequence do these games might have? In what dimension would they drop the top 3 of the world because they lost to the team B?
Agreed with this, the 1st team didn't try hard enough and the 2nd team is no joke either. LJK is a WTTC semi-finalist and one of the most dangerous players against his team mates. Lin Shidong and Lin Gaoyuan are both fast af top tier players who can upset anyone in the world on a good day.

I think FZD is more untouchable these days in general because he is just unrivalled in the topspin rally department. You have to really surprise him with tricks in order to stand any chance at all, and hope he doesn't figure it out in time.

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
Lin Shidong used very smart tactics to shut down Wang Chuqin's very aggressive game - the heavy underspin / no spin straight serve to his FH. There was nothing WCQ could do to directly attack the serve or complicate the spin, so he was dragged into the short game and eventually into a rally stage where Lin Shidong just proved to be too stable. Wang Chuqin just couldn't blast the ball past him and got frustrated and added to his own unforced errors.

Tbh I love playing against sidespin serves too, the straight heavy underspin/no spin simplifies the game too much and often not in my favour too...

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Do you know that tool (AI), that cuts those match videos automatically? ERT wrote an articel about it. At that time, it was for free. ... Found it
BetterPlay
Thank you
I didn't hear of it before,
I went to check ERT's video and also visited the website.

It isn't a cheap process if you have a lot of videos in a month. 600 mins of footage will cost $55
For comparison, just the matches I choose yesterday 11, matches, was over 6 hours. If I push it to the max, it could easily be 600 mins per day and for the duration of the Chinese warm up (4 days), this will cost me $220

granted my time is worth more than that if i push to the max.
Once my channel is monetarised, I will need to see how much income is there, and maybe investigate on how to at least cover the costs.

if one opens a new account, there is a free 30mins.
I will first experience that 30 mins and see how it goes (will mixed up some footage of different camera angles - especially the new wtt where they do a special view for when the player is serving and change angles from there).

And I also notice, ERT didn't use Betterplay in the Chinese warmups, he also left the video to "full length"

I actually hope for my channel to be more predominately my own made content. So the matches is really just are fillers at the moment.
I actually have a block nose for the past few days, so couldn't record my "talk" series... have thought of using AI voice, as I want to get a video out on Monday.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well here is the words from the Head Coaches:

总教练李隼说:“在集训开始,刘国梁主席为全队做了备战动员,要求我们把亚锦赛、亚运会当成奥运会、世乒赛一样去准备。因为亚锦赛和亚运会是我们下半年最重要的比赛,都是7项比赛,强度和难度较大,球队也曾经在这两个比赛中有过失利的教训,所以从开始全队上下就高度重视,也拿出必胜的决心和信心投入到集训中。“

本次集训国乒从难从严从实战出发严格自我要求,李隼介绍说:“和以往循序渐进的集训不同,这次我们一上来就进行了高强度的三节训练。而且针对队员兼项的情况,在日常训练中对他们进行有针对性的安排,既保证了每个人的个性,又突出了不同项目备战的需要。在集训中,我们还安排了多次模拟真实比赛的队内对抗赛。对抗赛涵盖七个项目,而且每项比赛间隔期都要小于真实比赛情况,为兼项的队员进行实战模拟。同时,队伍一体化安排医疗、体能、康复等保障环节,为队员做好伤病和体能储备。整个封闭集训下来,全队的心理状态和竞技状态都越来越好,而且身体状态控制也非常不错,都没有大的伤病。”

So if 1st teamers are slacking, is that a boycott then?
and something off topic,
have you guys notice the venue?

Its been the home of many tournaments (both kiddies and national team) for the past year / 2 years.

I shared a video if it not so long ago

This tournament was played there too:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Agreed with this, the 1st team didn't try hard enough and the 2nd team is no joke either. LJK is a WTTC semi-finalist and one of the most dangerous players against his team mates. Lin Shidong and Lin Gaoyuan are both fast af top tier players who can upset anyone in the world on a good day.

I think FZD is more untouchable these days in general because he is just unrivalled in the topspin rally department. You have to really surprise him with tricks in order to stand any chance at all, and hope he doesn't figure it out in time.
Not just a WTTC semi-finalist, but a *3-time* WTTC semi-finalist, making him easily one of the greatest players in TT history to never win the WTTC singles.

Honestly, the first team tried as hard as they reasonably could, they just faced good opposition and I feel Wang Chuqin struggled to get over the loss to Liang Jingkun and that loss gave Lin Shidong the perfect template in real time to play Wang. And of course, had Ma Long beaten Lin in their coin-toss matchup, it would never have come to that.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Sun Yingsha vs Ma Te is insane.... Go watch it if you haven't...
I watched it. It explains why Sun Yingsha is a notch above all other women players. If she’s in the mens team, she is probably No 5 or 6.

Her consistency and FH power is just insane.

This user has no status.
FZD-LGY 0-3, FZD always have trouble vs LGY or LJK
Somewhat true, but dont neglect that LGY seems to play as good as ever.
If he keeps up this level and become more consistent again, he could easily get back into the top 5 or even 3.

I wonder if his new blade has an impact on his performance or if he just got better with his positioning of his shots and power.

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
If he keeps up this level and become more consistent again, he could easily get back into the top 5 or even 3.

I wonder if his new blade has an impact on his performance or if he just got better with his positioning of his shots and power.

Its same blade just with differrent handle

This user has no status.
I watched it. It explains why Sun Yingsha is a notch above all other women players. If she’s in the mens team, she is probably No 5 or 6.

Her consistency and FH power is just insane.
Yeah it was jaw dropping to see her attack all of those nasty chops. Ma Te is no slouch at all, he was the only chopper to have ever won against Xu Xin who is well known to just destroy choppers at will.

This user has no status.

LGY won all of his matches in this tournament I think? His BH was so insane especially that point at 5-2 in the 3rd set.

Reactions: Attitude