Counterfit equipment , maybe its been posted ,but could'nt find anything

This user has no status.
Hi guys , i recently purchased a Jun Mizutani Super ZLC , and although it was a great price and it was a well known site/ seller ,while on the review section of TTD i noticed the blade they have its different than mine ,Could it be that the models changes with each new edition ?,how do i know if its Counterfit?

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi guys , i recently purchased a Jun Mizutani Super ZLC , and although it was a great price and it was a well known site/ seller ,while on the review section of TTD i noticed the blade they have its different than mine ,Could it be that the models changes with each new edition ?,how do i know if its Counterfit?

Show lots of photos here. Show silver tag on bottom of handle. Show handle. Show both sides of handle. Show naked blade face.

It will be possible to tell if it is fake.

Was the great price more than $100.00 less than Butterfly price? Was the blade supposedly new? Did you buy it from somewhere outside of the sell zone for the Butterfly distributor in your area? Like, if you are in Puerto Rico, did you buy it from China or Europe?

Butterfly DOES NOT offer discounts. Butterfly does not allow distributors to sell outside of their region.

If you got a big discount, if you bought from an online site that is not in your region, those could indicate that it is a counterfeit.

But, does it play well? Do you like it?

It is not good to pay and support counterfeiters. But when you mess up and do, if it plays okay, you don’t need to be too fussed. Just try not to do it again.

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 2.32.58 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2019-03-29 at 2.27.20 PM.jpgHi Upsidedown Carl ,the price was 340.00$ , it came in its box and it does have the silver tag along with matching numbers, but what got me thinking is the fact the mine has the hologram "dot" and the one on the TTD review has the Super ZLC rectangular "badge" ,, But it is outside my zone ,since we don't have TT stores here ,but i've purchased from them before and never had a problem ,so maybe its like an older model ? And it plays super fast compared to my TB , so i found my new love , i might send for another one with straight handle ,which they didn't have at the time ,thanks C.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
View attachment 18836View attachment 18837Hi Upsidedown Carl ,the price was 340.00$ , it came in its box and it does have the silver tag along with matching numbers, but what got me thinking is the fact the mine has the hologram "dot" and the one on the TTD review has the Super ZLC rectangular "badge" ,, But it is outside my zone ,since we don't have TT stores here ,but i've purchased from them before and never had a problem ,so maybe its like an older model ? And it plays super fast compared to my TB , so i found my new love , i might send for another one with straight handle ,which they didn't have at the time ,thanks C.

Lucas, these images you posted are worthless if you actually want to find out if your blade is real or counterfeit. Maybe you don't want to know. Is that it? If you don't, that is fine. But if you do you would need to post photos of YOUR BLADE. Both sides of the handle. The bottom of the handle. The blade face without rubber on it. Not photos of advertisements taken off websites where they sell the blade.

Also, unless you got the blade custom made directly from Butterfly Japan, it probably should have the hologram on one side and the rectangular label on the other side.

Now you said the store is outside your "Zone" but do you know what your Butterfly distributor's region is? If you are in PR, it may be USA. I don't know. But you really are not giving information that would be helpful to you.

ARE YOU IN Puerto Rico?

What is the location of the store you bought from? Is it in USA? Europe? China? Japan? Australia? Atlantis?

The last thing to know, the profit margins for a Butterfly distributor are so small that if they sell a product for a substantial discount, they will be losing money because Butterfly will not give them a discount. If you got the blade for $340.00 that looks like it may be a 15% discount. That may be where a Butterfly distributor breaks even. Or maybe his profit is a few percentage points. So it is possible. But that distributor is making a very small amount on a fairly large sale. Would you sell something for $340.00, ship it, and take a $5.00 profit? If he shipped to you for free, he lost money for sure because there is no way the shipping is less than the profit he would make if he handed it to you in person.

And, again, if you like the blade, and it plays well for you, then maybe you don't really want to know if it is real or not.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
You said you found your new love. Then love her for who she is. Some questions are best not asked.

Reactions: LucasMcCaine
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Looks genuine. Serial number starts with S, so it was produced in 2018. Butterfly switched to the hologram lens in 2016. Series O (2014) and P (2015) of the JM SZLC still had the black rectangular lens on the backhand side of the handle. You might want to contact Bowmar Sports and ask them about the serial number and if it is indeed genuine. They should be able to help you out.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
No need to burn for a mistake the site / store is TableTennis11.com , but anyways all i wanted to know was if it was counterfit due to discrepancies i saw , thanks ,

Yeah. It looks real to me as well.

I am surprised TT11 could ship it to you. I know they can't ship it to me. But they are legit. So I would not worry.

Last edited:
Reactions: LucasMcCaine