Create your own blade.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Grat video, really clear and inspiring me to try a carbon layer. It would be great to see how you make and shape your handles.
Thanks ...
For the handle shapes ..... hmmm this part i was not sure i want to show .... not because is secret but because is dangerous in the way i`m doing it ......
But i will try to do something about it and i will change the process a little bit so it can be seen as reference ...
Im not sure i can do it in this month (lots of business traveling) but i will try
Thanks once more.
Robert.

Reactions: Jirrex
This user has no status.
Please... Please... Don't stone me...

49377c9c17a819d99f534f906362117e.jpg

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Thanks ...
For the handle shapes ..... hmmm this part i was not sure i want to show .... not because is secret but because is dangerous in the way i`m doing it ......
But i will try to do something about it and i will change the process a little bit so it can be seen as reference ...
Im not sure i can do it in this month (lots of business traveling) but i will try
Thanks once more.
Robert.

I've developed something similar to Ross Leidy which I might share with some pictures or video. Mine don't look as good as yours but they are ok. I'd be interested, not just how you shape them, but how you have put the design together especially for the more complicated handles. Also how do you align them, I spend considerable time trying to make sure they are in the right position. Yours look so perfect! MDPs are the same too, it makes the blade look really professional.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Owww, cmon now... It's kind of funny...

I really wondered if they do really use it to play...

It's totally funny. But that doesn't change the other things I said. Hahahaha.

And we wonder why the table tennis ladies out there aren't joining us on the forum. Hahahaha.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
I had the same problem when posting the images to my sales thread.
I uploaded them to postimage and linked them to the post. But it always gave an "404-image not found" error.
I had to upload the pictures to another hosting site for it to work.

Now I see the same 404-error. Is this some kind of forum-bug?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
practice makes perfect, I guess?

Here's how I make my handles. For this one I was inspired to try and replicate those by Siam blades. It's not perfect but it's the best that I've been able to do. It would be great if anyone would like to share their method so I can learn from them as I'm still very new to this and keen to develop.
1) I pieced together my handles to get an idea of how it may look. Most of the material is bits of left over wood.
IMG_0282.jpg
2) I then glued then pieces and set with elastic bands. I then used a belt sander to smooth them out.
IMG_0280.jpg
3) I then route them using a template inspired by Ross Leidy. I use a trim bit to get them to the right shape before using a rounder bit. I find this way safe as my hands are nowhere near the cutter.
IMG_0279.jpgIMG_0277.jpg
4) Using a round over bit I then shape the edges. This is done on a much slower router speed as it's stops any router burn - I learned this the hard way! I take very thin strips and probably pass the handle 10 times past the bit.
IMG_0276.jpg
5) Routed handle
IMG_0275.jpg
6) With a quick coat of danish oil to see how it will look when finished:
IMG_0273.jpg

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
im using LG 285 as resin and HG 285 as hardener .And yes you can use them also for cars or other stuff.
but you can use different one ... for me it was important the ability to get fully strong without heating .... practically to be used in room temperature.

Last edited: