custom made Viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
I just own an ordinary Viscaria :) The custom Viscaria's I have seen from friends and online all come with a piece of paper with japanese writing on it but you can read the type of handle for example ST for straight and also a number in grams which is the weight. Did the above pictured Viscaria come with such a certificate from Butterfly?

It's just a normal newest version viscaria with black box and unfortunately weighted for 80 grams
here's mine compared with my tbs,and my new viscaria also came with new black box and the metal logo is the newest one(with even size of wings and no "butterfly" word"

IMG_3245.jpg

and take a look at my Primorac Carbon's box

IMG_2715.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I ordered my custom made viscaria from ButterflyTT.com stirctly by the following specs:
1.Blade weighs a unique 80grams only
2.Evenly balanced and not head heavy
3.Higher arylate carbon mix
4.butterfly original CO2 bag
5.butterfly original certificate
They accepted my specs and charged 300$...with half amount as order confirmation and 30 days delivery time....after recieving the payment....they carefully selected the sutiable wood custom made it and sent it according to my specs satisfactionally.
The entire racket setup with rubbers weighs only 170 grams....its very light and im very satisfied withs its playing

I ordered my custom made viscaria from ButterflyTT.com stirctly by the following specs:
1.Blade weighs a unique 80grams only
2.Evenly balanced and not head heavy
3.Higher arylate carbon mix
4.butterfly original CO2 bag
5.butterfly original certificate
They accepted my specs and charged 300$...with half amount as order confirmation and 30 days delivery time....after recieving the payment....they carefully selected the sutiable wood custom made it and sent it according to my specs satisfactionally.
The entire racket setup with rubbers weighs only 170 grams....its very light and im very satisfied withs its playing
Dude:D I'm asking about the certificate picture not the order process;)

I have a custom blade from Butterfly (it's a kong linghui special with the ST handle of the M.Maze blade), the "special made" from butterfly are comming with a certificate and without any markings on the blade except the serial number. Doesn't look like a custom viscaria at all to me. I've seen several custom viscarias, they come without markings.

The main thing about a special made blade from butterfly is that appart from selected wood and weight, you can ask for special handle, shape...etc...this is written on the certificate.

And Only $200 for a custom viscaria is not the normal price. I've asked for viscaria special made with ST handle it was €250 if I remember correctly (and the blade comes without markings on it, only serial number, a certificate and the silver tag). As for the kong Linghui Special, since it was discontinued blade....the price was even higher.

Seems to be a regular mass market viscaria to me : markings, plastic lens, regular viscaria FL handle....etc....this is a regular mass market viscaria, I fear that the OP had paid $200 for a regular mass market viscaria (and about the weight, its not rare to find new viscarias at 80gr, I've even seen less).

You can see 3 pictures of my custom made Kong Linghui Special in my MX-P review here : http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/7526-evolution-mx-p
Once again : Only Silver tag and serial number, no other markings and a certificate with deltails of your custom made blade on it.

edit : I took a picture again of the certificate and copy/paste my previous pictures of my KLS :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/45/1446994002-img-20151108-154220.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/14/1427724200-kls1.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/14/1427724196-kls2.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/14/1427724201-kls3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. The blades I have seen from Butterfly that are specially ordered and custom made have no plastic lens on the handle and no other markings. Just the silver tag on the flat bottom of the handle like the photos in Killerspintt's photos.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Still I have paid for a special made blade because I really was not able to find a Kong Linghui Special, I would not pay for a blade that is not discontinued like viscaria and all its renamed copies like TBS/TBalc/ZJKalc....

Yes you can ask for selected wood, indeed you will have a better blade than the average mass market blade, but still viscaria doesn't have any really exclusive wood inside.........when you ask for 400+ years old hinoki, here comes something really exclusive in terms of wood selection. But for Koto/Kiri....etc...I think butterfly here just try to select those woods to match your weight request and I don't believe there is really more than that compared to the mass market Koto/Kiri which butterfly use.

The good think would be to be able to send your butterfly blade to butterfly and ask for a clone of it, but it's not possible because butterfly simply cannot "clone" your blade.
Even if I were to order again to same special made KLS to butterfly, the new one might have same handle/shape/weight/old Hinoki/Kiri...etc...it will still play differently.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And if you have 2 Viscarias and one is 90 grams and one is 80 grams, the 90 gram blade will invariably feel better because the denser wood has better playing characteristics. Same can be said for 95 gram Viscaria.

Somewhere around 100 grams, heavier starts having diminishing returns. But the blade will still have a better feel on contact.

I've hit with a Viscaria that was 81 grams and it didn't feel anywhere near as good as the old black tag one I had that was 91 grams. I sold that black tag Viscaria about 3 years ago though.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia