D09c BH on HL5 ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Z2 is softer slower and has less spin than D05. To compare it to Tenergy05 is a better comparison. It still has significantly less speed, speed and catapult than T05. I don’t remember how catapulty D05 is less than T05 for sure but if it’s less than Z2 I don’t know. As far as durability goes. I have been playing with it about 50% of the time for 3 months and it still holds up good. You can see the picture in a previous post.
I regard Z2 as a T05 with handbrakes engaged, you can do almost the same type of shots. It has a lot more security in the short game but the kill shots does not come as easy as for T05.

Cheers
L-zr
3months the Z2 still good? Mine have lost a lot of the catapult and tension, about 2 months, around 10 hours play a week.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Z2,hm, it's a fast rubber, kinda good for flat shot, compare to G1 , I like Z2 better, for backhand loop, you need to lower your body to do so, cause the arc kinda flat, for blocking, I would say even better than D09C, the only and only I don't like , it's sponge too easy to loose and tension not last long as G 1. For $47 worth the money.
Interesting price for Z2. I look for price at local store and its 60$. So why the other brands want catch up to Butterfly prices ? Hmm

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Interesting price for Z2. I look for price at local store and its 60$. So why the other brands want catch up to Butterfly prices ? Hmm
TT 11, promotion price. Z 2, just like an alternate rubber for me, I usually put H3 37d N, on bh, just too lazy to boost it. Going to put d09c on bh, cause getting some player rubber from China in August that my friend carry back to NY for me.one Lin gao yuan, one Chen meng, use one and maybe sell one.

Attachments

• mmexport1689777992876.jpg
    mmexport1689777992876.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 48
  • mmexport1689777990585.jpg
    mmexport1689777990585.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 52
3months the Z2 still good? Mine have lost a lot of the catapult and tension, about 2 months, around 10 hours play a week.

Note that I have only played with it 1/2 of this time. You can see this if you read my post properly. It has lost a little grip but ALL rubbers do this so we shall see.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I am worried about total weight of setup, I dont want go over 200g. Because it's more Head heavy, I may struggle with flick over the table. So if someone have D09c on both side and tell me how it play. How much weight the setup has, I would be gratefully.
my friend tried Dignics 09c on backhand and switched back to 05 , his complaint was it needs more work .. my opinion after looking at your videos is you should be okay with 05 . I used to use Viscaria ALC with 05 on both sides, Tenergy on BH and Dignics on FH . But I wanted more easy power and stability so I tried SALC with DIgnics 05 on both sides , the SALC was around 92gms , so my setup is pretty heavy. I had a few weeks of forearm soreness but I figure out that I can swing with less tightening of muscles at impact and get more easy power . It has definitely helped in my case ... the backhand is more stable and easier .. and there is always the option of going hard at the right time ... the top end stability of dignics is remarkable ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
my friend tried Dignics 09c on backhand and switched back to 05 , his complaint was it needs more work .. my opinion after looking at your videos is you should be okay with 05 . I used to use Viscaria ALC with 05 on both sides, Tenergy on BH and Dignics on FH . But I wanted more easy power and stability so I tried SALC with DIgnics 05 on both sides , the SALC was around 92gms , so my setup is pretty heavy. I had a few weeks of forearm soreness but I figure out that I can swing with less tightening of muscles at impact and get more easy power . It has definitely helped in my case ... the backhand is more stable and easier .. and there is always the option of going hard at the right time ... the top end stability of dignics is remarkable ..
Yeah, 09c requires bigger swings on the backhands, the kind of guy who uses it there is the kind of guy (like me) who would like tacky rubber on the backhand, definitely not for everyone. I am sure if I trained a lot more, I might get out of tacky rubber on backhand to be honest.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I tried Viscaria with R45 on FH and I don't like the bounce from rubber, now I am playing with 5ply(Korbel) wood with 09c both sides and its pretty good. Of course I need to be active all the time but opening on BH is easier with 09c for me. I can do opening with D05 too but its more easier for opponent to block. In other way the speed from D05 is way better when I compare to 09c.

Reactions: ttmonster