D09c BH on HL5 ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I am worried about total weight of setup, I dont want go over 200g. Because it's more Head heavy, I may struggle with flick over the table. So if someone have D09c on both side and tell me how it play. How much weight the setup has, I would be gratefully.
View attachment 25928View attachment 25929
One is 968 with H3(boosted), z2, the other hl5x, H3, (boosted), G 1,
Hi , can you share how Z2 feels on backhand for speed and spin, I'm with G1 on backhand, spin is ok but sometime it lacks speed. Thanks

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Hi , can you share how Z2 feels on backhand for speed and spin, I'm with G1 on backhand, spin is ok but sometime it lacks speed. Thanks
Z2,hm, it's a fast rubber, kinda good for flat shot, compare to G1 , I like Z2 better, for backhand loop, you need to lower your body to do so, cause the arc kinda flat, for blocking, I would say even better than D09C, the only and only I don't like , it's sponge too easy to loose and tension not last long as G 1. For $47 worth the money.

Reactions: latej and proximang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Z2 is faster, but it kinda has a bit of a low arc. It seems harder to use than G1
I was testing out Z2 today on bh, and indeed it is very good. Very good spin and speed, fairs quite stable too. No problems lifting underspin at all. Even the push is pretty good.

Reactions: Lazer
I was testing out Z2 today on bh, and indeed it is very good. Very good spin and speed, fairs quite stable too. No problems lifting underspin at all. Even the push is pretty good.
Exactly my experience too, but I use it on FH. Like a tuned down T05…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Exactly my experience too, but I use it on FH. Like a tuned down T05…

Cheers
L-zr
I now use Z2 on BH &FH after I had such a good first experience with it on my FH. I was concerned about it being to hard for my BH as I tend towards 42-45 deg sponge, but it has not been the case so far - very spinny, plenty of speed and plenty of control in short game. Best rubber I have played in a long time (apart from it's tendency to crack/splinter around the edges very easily with very limited contact to table)

Reactions: Lazer and ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I now use Z2 on BH &FH after I had such a good first experience with it on my FH. I was concerned about it being to hard for my BH as I tend towards 42-45 deg sponge, but it has not been the case so far - very spinny, plenty of speed and plenty of control in short game. Best rubber I have played in a long time (apart from it's tendency to crack/splinter around the edges very easily with very limited contact to table)
which blade you use it ? How does it compare to Dig05 & Dig 80

Haven’t cracked for me yet. Are you using edge tape. If not it probably helps.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Haven’t cracked for me yet. Are you using edge tape. If not it probably helps.

Cheers
L-zr
Yes - I am.

Interestingly one piece fell off the top when rolling it on to a new blade with a couple of mm of overhang. Normally this overhang would just bend slightly when the roller goes over it, but this piece literally just cracked off...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
which blade you use it ? How does it compare to Dig05 & Dig 80
I have used it on a NIttaku H2 inner and Viscaria and it works well on both. I find it a lot easier to play well with than Dignics (Or Tenergy) As Lazer has said, it feels softer and is less bouncy than T05 and easier to access the spin and speed than D05/80 (although I don't doubt that performance ceiling for those rubbers is higher if you can consistently access it)

Reactions: Lazer
I know this has been raised previously but Z2 is still stated by Nittaku to be a 50d rubber, so pretty close to D05/D80 in sponge hardness. In my experience it's the top sheet that feels softer than Dignics rubbers.
Maybe but what really counts is the playing experience.
My blade after -1 month of use. I just looked some teeny weeny traces of cracking, but nothing to worry about.
Here it is.

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpeg
    IMG_0612.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
Reactions: Wrighty67
Interesting - you do have quite a few of those little areas of damage around the edge that I have.

View attachment 26054
Yours are a little bigger but I’d say still nothing to worry about. If it seems to come off big time patch it with a little glue. It’s gonna be ripped off eventually any way.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Hi, i was used to Tenergy 64 on BH with Long 5X but it was not match as my style, i felt soft and not much power. anyone try out Dignic 05 on BH, please share control, power, spin and speed.

Thanks

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Thats interesting and how is the speed and spin and control ?
and most important Durability, as I heard D05 lasts long
Yeah I can confirm that durability of D05 is great. I would say half year last without problem. Spin is great if u do proper flick and speed is also great. U can take as improved T05 with better top sheet.
And control is increased thanks to harder sponge but with blocks u need to be active and it lead to better placement the ball on table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yeah I can confirm that durability of D05 is great. I would say half year last without problem. Spin is great if u do proper flick and speed is also great. U can take as improved T05 with better top sheet.
And control is increased thanks to harder sponge but with blocks u need to be active and it lead to better placement the ball on table.
I assume you referring to D05 - I also felt similar feedback briefly when i last used. It gives amazing blocks , flicks and ball placement , suits BH perfectly - for FH Dig05 is weak.

So z2 might be good for FH , as it is bit softer and more dwell i assume. I have not played with Z2 though.

Reactions: MrGeorge
Thats interesting and how is the speed and spin and control ?
and most important Durability, as I heard D05 lasts long
Z2 is softer slower and has less spin than D05. To compare it to Tenergy05 is a better comparison. It still has significantly less speed, speed and catapult than T05. I don’t remember how catapulty D05 is less than T05 for sure but if it’s less than Z2 I don’t know. As far as durability goes. I have been playing with it about 50% of the time for 3 months and it still holds up good. You can see the picture in a previous post.
I regard Z2 as a T05 with handbrakes engaged, you can do almost the same type of shots. It has a lot more security in the short game but the kill shots does not come as easy as for T05.

Cheers
L-zr