Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
In comparison to the top players who go far in every international tournament his fh is behind and so is his footwork. He lacks consistency on both wings.
And age and development has nothing to do with this? You think it is technical? Does Tokic go far in every tournament?

What do you think of Kanak Jha?

In comparison to the top players who go far in every international tournament his fh is behind and so is his footwork. He lacks consistency on both wings.

For me Jorgic is much better than Kanak Jha.
For me Kanak Jha is one of the most unpleasant to watch WR50 players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I thought we were discussing his current state as a player per 2020? You're free to speculate on his future, I simply stated what I see in this day and age. I think his deficiencies are both tactical and technical. Kanak Jha is a smarter player with more consistency.

And age and development has nothing to do with this? You think it is technical? Does Tokic go far in every tournament?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Tokic is 39 years old, maybe that has something to do with it? So is Boll but everybody is different but at 39 years you're not "supposed" to be in your prime :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I thought we were discussing his current state as a player per 2020? You're free to speculate on his future, I simply stated what I see in this day and age. I think his deficiencies are both tactical and technical. Kanak Jha is a smarter player with more consistency.

Yes we are but comparing him to players who go further in events is not fair since that is partly a function of age. Maybe I read too much into that but Jorgic hasn't played at senior level for that long and he is already in the top league in Germany.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Tokic is 39 years old, maybe that has something to do with it? So is Boll but everybody is different but at 39 years you're not "supposed" to be in your prime :)

One can debate quality of the field but what Jorgic did this weekend is better than anything Tokic ever did. I do remember Tokic having one Euro bronze or silver but that was about it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
No problem, I was just referring to him in his current state. European players develop later in life than for instance Chinese players. Lets see how good he is in 5 years time.

Yes we are but comparing him to players who go further in events is not fair since that is partly a function of age. Maybe I read too much into that but Jorgic hasn't played at senior level for that long and he is already in the top league in Germany.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
You like trolling? Ok I take the bait :) You compare me, someone you've never seen play btw, with a professional tt player? Are you drunk? And where did I say that "Jorgic has the crappiest backhand in table tennis"? You obviously have trouble reading.
Yes, I was trolling you, but you still managed to miss the point. My point is simple: who are you (or me or any of us) to criticise Jorgic's backhand when it is clearly a zillion times better than yours (or mine or any of us)? The guy is ranked 39 in the world. His backhand is his strength so it's manifestly going to be well inside the 39th best backhand in the world. Perhaps top 20 or even better. I think it's pretty dumb to just keep dragging up the tired old argument that so-and-so (Ma Long, Karakasevic, Kreanga, ZJK, Appelgren) is/was better. Jorgic's backhand is one of the best in the world. Let it go.

BTW, if Jorgic's backhand is not a zillion times better than yours, please post a video of your backhand so we can all comment.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Darko Jorgic similarities with Bojan Tokic? Regardless of technical and stylistic differences between the two, I'm struck by their willingness to commit 100% to a stroke. The WTTC 2011 match between Tokic and Ma Long remains one of my all time favourites. The guy just shows absolutely no fear against the best player in the world and takes ML to six games. Does Jorgic show the same "throw everything at it" attitude?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdRqb6b3UxQ

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You had no point. But I'm gonna help you. So let me get this straight: you think that just because someone isn't as prolific at TT that person has no right to discuss faults in a better player? According to that rule that means that all of us should shut the **** up, right? Well, if you wanna live by that go ahead, I believe in freedom of speech and constructive discussions. If you are so disturbed by it you look the other way, that is your choice and it's a mighty fine one as well. You've already been in the wrong once, so just keep going.

Wrong, you mix up your opinion with facts. You can only own your opinion. Jorgics backhand should be better than mine, or he would be in serious trouble. A zillion times? You argue like a 5-year old :) And how do you even measure that? If you wanna keep discussing this send me a pm instead of spamming the thread.

Yes, I was trolling you, but you still managed to miss the point. My point is simple: who are you (or me or any of us) to criticise Jorgic's backhand when it is clearly a zillion times better than yours (or mine or any of us)? The guy is ranked 39 in the world. His backhand is his strength so it's manifestly going to be well inside the 39th best backhand in the world. Perhaps top 20 or even better. I think it's pretty dumb to just keep dragging up the tired old argument that so-and-so (Ma Long, Karakasevic, Kreanga, ZJK, Appelgren) is/was better. Jorgic's backhand is one of the best in the world. Let it go.

BTW, if Jorgic's backhand is not a zillion times better than yours, please post a video of your backhand so we can all comment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Average BH, nothing special. Can't compare to Jorgic
Lol, average. He isn't BH oriented and actually most of his opponent try to play to his FH because it's weaker. Even Timo had problems with his BH opening loops. But I would never say he has the best BH in the world. Nevertheless, it's pretty damn strong.
During practice: https://www.facebook.com/201518573236102/videos/1851518694902740/
(I couldn't embed the facebook vid)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
You had no point. But I'm gonna help you. So let me get this straight: you think that just because someone isn't as prolific at TT that person has no right to discuss faults in a better player? According to that rule that means that all of us should shut the **** up, right? Well, if you wanna live by that go ahead, I believe in freedom of speech and constructive discussions. If you are so disturbed by it you look the other way, that is your choice and it's a mighty fine one as well. You've already been in the wrong once, so just keep going.

Wrong, you mix up your opinion with facts. You can only own your opinion. Jorgics backhand should be better than mine, or he would be in serious trouble. A zillion times? You argue like a 5-year old :) And how do you even measure that? If you wanna keep discussing this send me a pm instead of spamming the thread.
You're still missing the point and I don't know how to help you. It's not about whether or not we can comment - even a moron like me makes comments. It's not about whether Jorgic is a "zillion" times better than us (does putting it in inverted commas help you?). Nor is it about my opinion - we all have opinions, but only fools believe theirs are worth anything.

It's about facts. Jorgic's backhand is somewhere north of world 39. Please tell me how I'm wrong on that.

This user has no status.
His bh is great. No where near goat. Zjk is probably that for me or barna who was known for his deadly BH flick in his later years.
Also he is likely better than 39 but since we are taking of all time we include players who are retired such as barna or kreanga means he isn't 39th best as he would never be better ranked than prime Wang Hao