DHS fans unite!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
My browser is showing 43.14 € per sheet at aliexpress. And speed-and-spin web site does not have it in 41 dedgree hardness which is what latej wanted.

46.12€ incl. VAT for the orange sponge... even without VAT that would be 38.76€ for OS and 48.51€ for the BS... I have no idea what Aliexpress is doing there but I could save one cent if I would order from NewNew Store ;) https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005002398273270.html

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Prott has is for 30USD 39-40-41deg, but only the blue sponge.
https://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=YOUNGSHINE

TTNPP has the blue sponge it for 23 USD, from 37-40deg, no 41 sadly.
They also have orange from 37-41deg for 20USD.
http://ttnpp.com/store/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=dingtian&submit_search=Search

(Lodro had recently issues with Prince of TT but I will include them too)
Prince of TT has them for 26 and 23USD 37-41deg, however no stock from blue 40 and 41 at the moment.
http://www.princett.com/EN/USD/category-50/page-Young-Shine.html
They also seem to have a non sticky rubber called Zhenhai from this brand.

I am really curious who is the actual maker.

I don't think the Dingtian blue matches the H3 BS, but very close. To me it feels faster and a bit less spinny. I also wonder what the durability will be like, but that is also a weak point of H3 BS if someone boosts it.
The Dingtian topsheet is not as sticky as H3. And for me H3 feels like it has a sticky residue on top, but the Dingtian doesn't have that feeling at all. Surely it has some sticky layer but it's either much less than H3 or different material. It's not like the ESN sticky rubbers either.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Prott has is for 30USD 39-40-41deg, but only the blue sponge.
https://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=YOUNGSHINE

TTNPP has the blue sponge it for 23 USD, from 37-40deg, no 41 sadly.
They also have orange from 37-41deg for 20USD.
http://ttnpp.com/store/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=dingtian&submit_search=Search

(Lodro had recently issues with Prince of TT but I will include them too)
Prince of TT has them for 26 and 23USD 37-41deg, however no stock from blue 40 and 41 at the moment.
http://www.princett.com/EN/USD/category-50/page-Young-Shine.html
They also seem to have a non sticky rubber called Zhenhai from this brand.

I am really curious who is the actual maker.

I don't think the Dingtian blue matches the H3 BS, but very close. To me it feels faster and a bit less spinny. I also wonder what the durability will be like, but that is also a weak point of H3 BS if someone boosts it.
The Dingtian topsheet is not as sticky as H3. And for me H3 feels like it has a sticky residue on top, but the Dingtian doesn't have that feeling at all. Surely it has some sticky layer but it's either much less than H3 or different material. It's not like the ESN sticky rubbers either.

It probably has less spin than the H3 because the throw angle as I saw in the video is higher.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
46.12€ incl. VAT for the orange sponge... even without VAT that would be 38.76€ for OS and 48.51€ for the BS... I have no idea what Aliexpress is doing there but I could save one cent if I would order from NewNew Store ;) https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005002398273270.html

French store Spin and Speed got them for much less
https://www.speed-and-spin.com/product-page/youngshine-dingtian

https://www.speed-and-spin.com/product-page/young-shine-dingtian-mousse-orange

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023

Can someone please tell me:
-I'm planning to switch to Butterfly Super ZJK (advised by my coach) since my level is improving fast
-I want to use H3 provincial BS Neo but I dont want to boost it as the super ZJK is incredibly fast already, but I want a controlled, deadly counterattacking racket with the H3. But everyone who used or advised against using an unboosted H3 mentioned that it feels "dead". My understanding of "dead" is that the ball does not bounce with the power produced by the rubber, only the blade. Is my understanding correct?
-Is there another alternative rubber(I have no budget) that matches the playstyle I'm aiming for which I mentioned above combined with the super ZJK?
-I also need to know: What sponge thickness+hardness should I use (please keep in mind I am planning to use unboosted) to match the speed and low dwell and control of the super ZJK.
-The reason I am planning to use unboosted H3 is that I am an advanced and accomplished top club player, and I constantly play in official TT competitions. The problem is, in Hong Kong, the HKTTA disallows organic or chemical compound added to the sponge the boost the rubber's performance during competitions. This basically means I can't use boosters in any of my rubbers in order to compete in tournaments. I am not clear of other countries's rules, but this is my current situation.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

-I'm planning to switch to Butterfly Super ZJK (advised by my coach) since my level is improving fast
-I want to use H3 provincial BS Neo but I dont want to boost it as the super ZJK is incredibly fast already, but I want a controlled, deadly counterattacking racket with the H3. But everyone who used or advised against using an unboosted H3 mentioned that it feels "dead". My understanding of "dead" is that the ball does not bounce with the power produced by the rubber, only the blade.
-Is there another alternative rubber(I have no budget) that matches the playstyle I'm aiming for which I mentioned above combined with the super ZJK?

Thanks for your help!

I hope your coach doesn't get a kickback when you buy a Super ZJK. I find it unusual that your coach would recommend this blade. Although personally I would enjoy playing with this blade.

To answer your question:

1) I think H3 blue sponge without booster will be quite slow, even on the Super ZJK. For the very hard hitting people, it may be possible to generate enough speed without booster. But for most people, it will just be easier to use and faster with booster. If Ma Long chooses to boost his Hurricane, then it probably just makes sense to boost it.

2) if you dont want booster, there are some rubbers that have the high quality grip and counterattacking ability of H3, but with naturally more bouncy sponge. Battle 2, Bloom Power, Jupiter 3, Big Dipper are my favorite choices. Also Yinhe Apollo 5 is also tacky and fast, very good rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I hope your coach doesn't get a kickback when you buy a Super ZJK. I find it unusual that your coach would recommend this blade. Although personally I would enjoy playing with this blade.

To answer your question:

1) I think H3 blue sponge without booster will be quite slow, even on the Super ZJK. For the very hard hitting people, it may be possible to generate enough speed without booster. But for most people, it will just be easier to use and faster with booster. If Ma Long chooses to boost his Hurricane, then it probably just makes sense to boost it.

2) if you dont want booster, there are some rubbers that have the high quality grip and counterattacking ability of H3, but with naturally more bouncy sponge. Battle 2, Bloom Power, Jupiter 3, Big Dipper are my favorite choices.

Thanks for your reply,
Do you think the NEO factory boosted would help a bit? Because HKTTA allows the factory boosted, but I don't own my own factory so the NEO booster is the best I can do.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

-I want to use H3 provincial BS Neo but I dont want to boost it as the super ZJK is incredibly fast already, but I want a controlled, deadly counterattacking racket with the H3. But everyone who used or advised against using an unboosted H3 mentioned that it feels "dead". My understanding of "dead" is that the ball does not bounce with the power produced by the rubber, only the blade. Is my understanding correct?
-I also need to know: What sponge thickness+hardness should I use (please keep in mind I am planning to use unboosted) to match the speed and low dwell and control of the super ZJK.
-The reason I am planning to use unboosted H3 is that I am an advanced and accomplished top club player, and I constantly play in official TT competitions. The problem is, in Hong Kong, the HKTTA disallows organic or chemical compound added to the sponge the boost the rubber's performance during competitions. This basically means I can't use boosters in any of my rubbers in order to compete in tournaments. I am not clear of other countries's rules, but this is my current situation.

Thanks for your help!

Strange for an advanced and accomplished player to be asking such fundamental question from us pblebians / common folks / general masses.

My unadvanced and unaccomplished answer is just use ESN / Tenergy and forget all thes extra hard work about boosting and stuff. These ESN / Tenergy are good to go straight out from the packaging.

You would most probably get better technical input from your coach or fellow team mates.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I use H3 Neo Blue sponge and Battle II blue sponge.

I can say if u dont want to boost H3 Blue sponge. You can use battle II blue sponge.

They do play different to european rubber and you may need few lessons to adjust to them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
If you don't want to boost the Battle II BS will still feel hard and slow non boosted. The only rubber I've played that had the same stickiness and that used a legally factiry tuned sponge is the Victas Triple Double Extra, if you don't want to boost, it's actually the most realistic alternative. The H3 Neo factory boosted is a joke, it's still a slow rubber that feels like a brick to play with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Thanks for your reply,
Do you think the NEO factory boosted would help a bit? Because HKTTA allows the factory boosted, but I don't own my own factory so the NEO booster is the best I can do.

The NEO factory boosted Hurricane will not help. It's maybe 1% more bouncy than regular Hurricane, but you really can't feel any difference.

I think you should use Bloom Power or Jupiter 3 or Apollo 5. All 3 are similar tackiness as Hurricane 3, but with a natural boosted effect. So they are fast and bouncy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If you don't want to boost the Battle II BS will still feel hard and slow non boosted. The only rubber I've played that had the same stickiness and that used a legally factiry tuned sponge is the Victas Triple Double Extra, if you don't want to boost, it's actually the most realistic alternative. The H3 Neo factory boosted is a joke, it's still a slow rubber that feels like a brick to play with.
Be careful calling H3 slow on this forum. People will immediately pounce on you and say that you have bad technique and that H3 itself is not slow.

For me, I am not Ma Long, and H3 unboosted is slow for me.

• Haha
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Be careful calling H3 slow on this forum. People will immediately pounce on you and say that you have bad technique and that H3 itself is not slow.

For me, I am not Ma Long, and H3 unboosted is slow for me.

You just don't get it, do you 😂

It has never been,
It is also not now,
and it will also never be in any future to come that is is a matter of " BAD TECHNIQUE ".
But it is simply a matter of a different technique that is needed to make these rubbers to sing.

Imagine you would turn to the Sandpaper brigade, you also would have to learn and adopt to a completely different technique.

There is no bad blood or discrimination , just a matter of personal preferences.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

You just don't get it, do you 😂

It has never been,
It is also not now,
and it will also never be in any future to come that is is a matter of " BAD TECHNIQUE ".
But it is simply a matter of a different technique that is needed to make these rubbers to sing.

Imagine you would turn to the Sandpaper brigade, you also would have to learn and adopt to a completely different technique.

There is no bad blood or discrimination , just a matter of personal preferences.

Can you upload a video of yourself making H3 unboosted sing?

For me, I can play reasonably well with H3 unboosted, its not the end of the world by any means. But it just lacks the extra bit of impact and penetration and speed.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Can you upload a video of yourself making H3 unboosted sing?

For me, I can play reasonably well with H3 unboosted, its not the end of the world by any means. But it just lacks the extra bit of impact and penetration and speed.

IT does not lack the extra bit of impact and penetration and speed....................it is just a piece of rubber.
Maybe it is time again to show the original advertising blurb of DHS for H3

DHS rubber hurricane three

Hurricane 3 was designed for the players who mainly adopt control method or have relatively weak attack power when playing 40mm ball. The rubber can reduce a feeling of ponderousness when you strengthen power and create a long arc, which benefits the ball control and exerts fast attack and loop drive at near table.

...........and no, I will not make a video, I don't have ambitions to end up in the Rock&Roll hall of fame 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023

Strange for an advanced and accomplished player to be asking such fundamental question from us pblebians / common folks / general masses.

My unadvanced and unaccomplished answer is just use ESN / Tenergy and forget all thes extra hard work about boosting and stuff. These ESN / Tenergy are good to go straight out from the packaging.

You would most probably get better technical input from your coach or fellow team mates.

My first time buying rubbers matching with a new blade by myself😩, need to seek help from others online because I want to look at all the different responses I can get from the kind community here. First time using Chinese hard rubbers too, coach said this would match my playstyle more. I am accomplished at playing and skills, not equipment. Sorry for your confusion brother.

This user has no status.
If you are a DHS simp or heck if you are a hater or anything in-between (a normal human being??) this thread should unite all of us who have feelings towards them.
I am mostly a fan, I tried many products with overall good to great satisfaction, and I will definitely buy them in the future.
- You have tried H3 and it is the most spinny and controlled rubber that ever existed!
My first try from DHS was a racket ordered as assembled by the TT11 Shop: DHS Power G9 FL with H3 Neo (commercial) 2.2 39° on both sides. While I lacked some more physical strength at that time, I enjoyed using it very much. Eventually, I shared the love and sold that racket to a friend (he became a fan, too).
- You think H3 is a fantastic rubber but it is very slow, but with a bit of extra effort (boosting) it can be turned into the best rubber on the market!
Didn't try boosting, and I don't plan to do so in the foreseeable mid-far future.
- You bought a sheet of Hurricane 8-80 and for about 25USD you found that it performs similarly to Dignics 09c but for easier to use!
I tried a few more rubbers, but while I observed, how spinny can the H8-80 be, I was not blown away by that specific rubber overall.
- DHS no15 glue is the best thing since sliced bread, sticks well enough, doesn't damage your blade, easy to remove, thick enough, cheap, doesn't stink!
Didn't try that specific glue, but overall I was very fond of the Rev no. 3 high-viscosity glue from harty's shop.
- DHS limba top ply blades have better quality than BTY while being cheaper!
I was not specifically into Limba top ply blades, but I tried a few other notable blades from DHS:
Power G9: this became my first reference for a fast enough, good-feeling looping blade. It let me make a few rackets, which are liked/loved by my friends nearby.
Power G12: this is a glassfiber-carbon composite blade with a rather hard, but controlled feel. It was unbelievably cheap more than a year before. I tried H8 and H8-80 on this blade, which resulted in a close-to-the-table spin machine in both cases. Nowadays, I use one with Yinhe Jupiter III Asia (38°), which seems to be a more universal, but still very spinny setup.
Dipper Di-UT: this one is a very good blade for powerlooping configs, it has a rather hard touch, but good flexibility (just at the bottom of Off- rating), Teakwood top plies are beautiful.
TG-7 SP (825): this one is an even greater powerlooper blade (rather unusual composition featuring Koto at both 1st and 3rd layer from outside - ball bounce frequency is just an All+), best used with 50°+ ESN rubbers with the thickest possible sponge. With Victas V>20 DE, I can pull off shots I even don't believe I can land on the table, but still, I do. It feels fast even with this degree of flexibility.
And I have a few not yet tested: Power G8, Power G3T, Power G5X, Dipper Di-GT9.
- DHS balls are the best price/performance balls one can get!
Cannot comment on this yet, but I have a set of 3-star orange balls (Ding Ning featured on the wrapping) ready when I finish my other balls.
I am also curios to hear what you have to say about DHS pimples, Tin Arc, Gold Arc etc etc series. Tin Arc is a bit interesting to me since it's a fully DHS product.
I can't comment on the DHS pimples and defensive blades but they seem to have fanbase and pro player base as well.
TinArc 3: I tried 2.1 37° - it has a precise feel, but it is more demanding to play properly than I would have expected. The topsheet has better surface resistance, than an average ESN topsheet, but it is too firm, so it should be played aggressively to achieve proper level of sinking of the ball.
TinArc 5: again 2.1 37° - lighter, bouncier and easier to use, than TA3, but the red side's grip is simply underwhelmingly poor, like a half-anti rubber.
GoldArc 5: max 47.5° - the best all-round rubber from ESN manufactured rubbers of DHS - does not change playing properties over time, the topsheet is firm enough to play precisely, and the sponge has limited catapult effect. I made a racket for my friend (Power G9 and this rubber on both sides), and he enjoys it very much (destroying opponents very frequently).
GoldArc 8: max 50°- somewhat faster than GA5, but shrinkage is an issue. Topsheet is softer, so I could make a few very weird backspin/sidespin shots occasionally - but overall, not really a top choice, even more after its recent price rise.
Skyline TG2 NEO: 2.2 39° - very similar playing feel compared to H3 Neo except for one major thing - this one is much more direct/low throw, and a great deal faster at the same time.
Skyline 3-60: 2.1 37° - has good grip and spin, bouncier than H3 Neo, but with reduced dynamics. Very safe to play, can recommend it to even pre-intermediate players.
874 - I tried many pips-out rubbers, but this particular one was difficult to use for me. It has low bounce for most of its dynamic range, but it can be suddenly fast when I don't expect it. I have better results with 729/Friendship, Yinhe and other branded pips-out rubbers (e.g. Kokutaku 110 has a way much better-behaving sponge).
C8 - Funny to use, but I feel I am a bit handicapped with it - could make a few text-book shots with it, but not nearly as often as I hoped for it. I still need to get more experience with long pips.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zwill