DHS Hurricane 3 National (Blue Sponge) vs the NEO version of it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Hello,

I have just tested DHS Hurricane 3 National (Blue Sponge) 39 degrees unboosted and I did not boost it.
I would like to know how different (is NEO version faster/generates more spin?) will be the NEO version of this rubber and maybe even the NEO Orange version of it. (my understanding so far is that the Orange version is not so hard so I expect to be more springy).
I am not using booster and I am not going to use it so I am interested in this NEO version which claims to be factory tuned but I am looking for an opinion from someone who actually tested them.
If I want a faster/more spiny rubber does it worth changing the DHS Hurricane 3 National (Blue Sponge) rubber to a NEO version of it (Blue or Orange), unboosted by myself too?

Best regards.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
First of all, do you know you tried real Hurricane 3 National? There are a lot of fakes our there and you can check with the serial code on the bacl

Well, you know how they say that the real one is available just for the Chinese national players.I did not check the serial code but even if I got a fake one, I am interested to find out if there is a big difference between the normal version and the NEO version of this rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
National and provincial versions of Hurricane 3 are widely available to public now. In China, DHS even has an official Taobao store selling them.

This user has no status.
Well, you know how they say that the real one is available just for the Chinese national players.I did not check the serial code but even if I got a fake one, I am interested to find out if there is a big difference between the normal version and the NEO version of this rubber.
Neo has a more modern sponge for the plastic ball, it will provide more power and control.